ATTN: Chinese spammer dude

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

ATTN: Chinese spammer dude

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Go somewhere else. Your spam posts will be removed as quickly as we can and your attempts at multiple screen ID names won't help you. All your IDs have been reported and will be permanently blocked tomorrow.
Someone will be here all night to continue removing your spam.
Spam is not allowed here and it will be removed. You are wasting your time here.

To any forum member who might see the spam later and remove it....make a copy of the member profile this spammer is using and private message it to Carolyn so that she can permanently block his IP address and stop this crap.
I have sent the last 4 IDs already to Carolyn.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Re: ATTN: Chinese spammer dude

Post by Goofproof » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Best meal my dogs have had in months, they like Chinese, Fried Rice and Cat! Yum! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 pm

nice try, but I'm willing to bet that spammers don't read anything on the forums they litter

it's probably a bot, not even a person.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 pm

palerider wrote:nice try, but I'm willing to bet that spammers don't read anything on the forums they litter

it's probably a bot, not even a person.
Well he registered 4 different IDs so that means 4 different email addresses and he was logged in when he posted.
That takes a little bit of work on his part.

At any rate...made me feel good to call him out on it.
I just about broke my spam button deleting his crap...and I wasn't the only one spam removing his shit.
One of his IDs I counted 8 posts that I zapped.

He was really pissing me off.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 pm

be careful with the spam removal ... I did that one night to a spammer and ... zap ... no more spam button
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:51 pm

My dogs are laying by the fireplace on their backs snoring, best supper they have had in many months. Jim

These dogs are young, the old ones starved to death, when someone removed my spam button, I NEVER deleted anything that wasn't spam, I wouldn't risk my dogs health.

grayghost4: Know what you mean. Only got mine bach after a forum software crash or upgrade many months. I would think the point would be to keep spam under control, not so.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:19 am

Yeah, I removed a few of those as well. I was surprised how fast he replaced them, though...there was only one there at a time, but it was a quick series of postings.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:10 am

Should the forum be made 'read only' to guests or is that not desirable?

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:02 am

Hannibal 2 wrote:Should the forum be made 'read only' to guests or is that not desirable?
That's a different debate and unlikely to happen.

As it was last night with the Chinese spammer dude. He wasn't a guest...he registered and logged in and was posting as a registered member.
He had to created an email address registered to each screen ID he chose and I think there was 4 of them that I reported and each one of the 4 had several spams posted under each ID.

Of course in this day and age an email address is readily available so it's not a lot of work but it is some work.

That's okay. Once Carolyn gets here she can see the IP address and block it. If he wants to come back and spam some more it will take even more work to bypass the IP block. Doable but we hope with the added work that these dudes will give up and go spam elsewhere. Eventually we hope they realize that it's a waste of time because we will pull the shit down as quick as they can put it up.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:53 am

Since retiring, I sleep a bit later--now you say I miss all the fun.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:09 am

Pugsy wrote:
Hannibal 2 wrote:Should the forum be made 'read only' to guests or is that not desirable?
That's a different debate and unlikely to happen.

As it was last night with the Chinese spammer dude. He wasn't a guest...he registered and logged in and was posting as a registered member.
He had to created an email address registered to each screen ID he chose and I think there was 4 of them that I reported and each one of the 4 had several spams posted under each ID.
Ok, I was probably sleeping whilst all this was going on, is it better to ignore spammers and deal with it quietly though? Us discussing it is maybe playing into his hands.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:16 am

Hannibal 2 wrote:Ok, I was probably sleeping whilst all this was going on, is it better to ignore spammers and deal with it quietly though? Us discussing it is maybe playing into his hands
Normally I do just quietly deal with it but this guy last night was setting a new record with his spam posts.
I finally got so pissed off I had to call him out on it. Maybe he saw it and maybe he didn't but I sure felt good calling him out.
Talking about it today or whenever doesn't really hurt anything. His crap is long gone anyway. So we can cuss or discuss him to our hearts content.

Coloneldad

Post by Coloneldad » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Blocking the IP address is probably the easist for you to do and most effective without going into a great deal of work and have a lot of computer savey. When it comes to these guys often it's a sport and so just deleting them becomes a challenge. They also use it as practice for more serious hacking and spamming. Why you were having trouble keeping up with him was probably because he was using automated system to post.

I work as an admin on another site and have had to deal with this stuff before. We had a problem with a hacker who was able to delete a bunch of our posts. We have avoided most of the spammers because we do a manual approval process, which I suspect is not the course you wish to take here.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Coloneldad wrote:Why you were having trouble keeping up with him was probably because he was using automated system to post.
He was probably automated but I was having especially slow internet speed last night. Anything I tried to do took forever.
It's my internet. I am out in the boonies and don't have the greatest of choices or speeds available and sometimes it just sucks...and last night was one of those nights. Extra slow for some reason.

Coloneldad

Post by Coloneldad » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:10 pm

I too livein the boonies a bit so I feel your pain there, couldn't even get the phone company to put in a hard line. Move from town where I had fiber optics. Talk about boing from a super highway to a dirt path. Still I love being in the country.