492 for sugar level? is that bad for someone?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: 492 for sugar level? is that bad for someone?

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

flightco

Post by flightco » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 pm

moreorless wrote:
Goofproof wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:I start feeling icky at 180, and feel really sick at 300.
Your diabetes sounds like in the "brittle" range.
The failure is in not owning it and treating it effectively--whatever that takes!
Mine is the opposite, I feel better high, 140 and lower I get worse, at 80 i'm getting really bad. It seems you get used to being high, but it's still doing a lot of damage. My worst thing Supper and Evening I eat too much, I also eat before bed CHilEEE, at 2 A.M. my worry is going too low in bed in the A.M. I seems my mix of insulin hangs in my system too long, then my bedtime shot works better than it should. I keep emergency Reese Cups on the bed table, along with Hershey Kisses, and a extra meter. When I get too low at night, I panic and end up with a over correction. Low seems to wake me up, so far. Jim
my dog acts crazy when my sugar got low a couple of time.
she sleeps with me. *well more then one dog sleeps with me. it was 39 one time. and another time it was 44
its better to have sugar a little high 200 then to have it low like mines.
thank god i am learning with the sugar. but its not easy.
It is better to have a little high than low. A little high is 120, maybe 130. 200 is not a little high, it is high. if you test a non diabetics blood sugar, you will probably find it 70 to 90 and they will not feel low blood sugar. A lot of diabetics feel low at 120 (which is actually high) because they are so used to high blood sugar. This can be turned around.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 pm

moreorless wrote:i got it down to 242.
i dont know about that control thing with the machine.
i told my doctor that the machine was acting up.
i do about 200 units of one type of insulin
and 255 with the other one.
i guess its a learning curve.
the doctor only wants me to inject in the stomach.
not the shoulder and i didnt know of any other area to do. in the buttocks i think you can do it. but only the doctor
wants me to do it in stomach. hmm
but only the stomach. *.. but what do you do when your stomach gets pain with so many shots. sometimes my stomach will burn or hurt.
its driving me crazy.
------------------------------------------
i am usually good with the sugar. its just i had a bad day. was in mood for sugar.
i
I was feeling bad using 200 units daily 60 @ breakfast NOON, 85 At Supper 4 PM, and Bedtime Snack 60. I put the 85 around my naval, but have a hernia in 1/4 of the area. I can't burn the sugar, because I can't move much heart at 35%, pelvis and knees wornout. Just hobbling around on Aleve...

I hear you on having the cravings, I have given up so much, I won't give up everything! I just try to keep it in moderation.

You know you are suppose to clean the injection area with Alc, and use new needles each injection. (I don't I use 1 per day) the 85 unit in the naval area, I rotate the 60 unit shots among the other four areas. I test in the AM before eating and before eating at nite. (2 AM) Ten shots a day would make me a pincushion, although the 85 unit does hurt at times. Best of luck! Jim

At 60 I feel really bad, panic mode. If I don't keep mine under mild control my eyes get really bad, I know if I can't see halfway, i've been too bad.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:36 pm

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

moreorless

Post by moreorless » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 am

thanks for the information i am going to read more.

Additional Comments: dreamstation dreammapper i think i dunno. software. whats on the menu in dreamstation i dunno about the software hmm

Woody

Post by Woody » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:17 am

I am a little different I feel best with my blood sugar between 70 and 90 .
Below about 65 I may feel a little off but don't feel real bad till it's about 50.
But I read about a an extremely obese man on a fast well you won't believe
what his blood sugar was so here is the article.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:23 am

Also make sure you use a new needle each time you test your glucose. A nurse once told me that using a used needle may give you a false reading.

Sheriff

ajack

Post by ajack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:32 am

I would cut the Sugars: including fruit/juice. Cut Starches: including breads, pasta, rice, potato etc. Eat lots of low carb vegetables, salad, moderate protein and add healthy fats.. Use a home blood test meter, to see what will work.

This gives a simple overview to how it works for me. The more carbs I eat, the more carbs I want. They don’t give up easy and it’s biochemical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEayi6I ... D8&index=6

more info on low carb
http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

what to expect the first week, besides being hungry for the first 2 days, then it stops
https://www.verywell.com/getting-throug ... ek-2242037

for those T2 on insulin
Watch the last 15 minutes of this video. It will reduce the amount of insulin or not need it anymore. T2 is a disease of insulin resistance, even though T2's have more insulin in their system than a normal person, they still can't make enough. Cutting the sugars and starches will help fix this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgMizC6 ... Cjnly3J7LB

this is a 20g diet that was used
http://au.atkins.com/new-atkins/the-pro ... ction.html

SunnyBeBe

Post by SunnyBeBe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:33 am

Moreorless,
I saw your post and wanted to respond, since, I'm also a Type I diabetic and have suffered some highs and lows. First of all, it's great you are getting treatment for your sleeping issues. Good rest, will help with your blood sugar control.

There are some good links provided upthread. I'd start with a GOOD Endocrinologist if possible. Mine saved my life. Those who are found at teaching hospitals offer more up to date care and treatment, imo. They also may offer classes for education that help with providing you the tools to control your Blood sugar. It's a very complex and time consuming task.

While a pump is helpful for some, it's also a lot of work. You have to work perhaps even harder with a pump than daily injections. The pump doesn't necessarily mean that you don't still have to do a lot of planning, thinking, counting, etc. I opted for injections and have brought my A1C from 10 to 7.6. I'm still improving and hope to get down even lower in a few months.

BE CAREFUL with high blood sugars
. LEARN what to look for. I'd get some ketone sticks and check your urine when BS is high. Diabetic Ketoacidosis is a serious and potentially life threatening condition. If blood sugar level is too high, you can get this. It's horrible. I had it once, ER, ICU, hospital stay, etc. Go to ER if you have severe nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and shortness of breath. They are symptoms. It's a very serious thing.

If you are cautious of very low blood sugar levels, I'd explore a Continuous Glucose Monitoring Device. They alert you when too low or too high.

Good luck. It's a tough road, but, well worth the hard work. Once your levels are more normal, you'll be surprised at how much better you feel.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (contains humidifier)
Nuance Pro Gel Pillow and headgear

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:23 pm

I can't suggest strongly enough that you read the book The Diabetes Solution by Dr. Richard K. Bernstein. You can start here while you're waiting for your book to arrive: http://www.diabetes-book.com/read-onlin ... -solution/

Dr. Bernstein also has a series of YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFNGdKSXx64

Seriously, this will SAVE your life, your eyesight, your kidneys, your limbs, your heart, your brain. Start NOW.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 am

Gotta luv the for-profit health system regardless of what it's called ... obamacare ... trumpcare.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ― Hippocrates

"The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. ...to eat when you are sick, is to feed your sickness." ― Hippocrates

"The best of all medicines is resting and fasting." ― Benjamin Franklin

"A little starvation can really do more for the average sick man than can the best medicines and the best doctors." ― Mark Twain

Yep. On day 4 of my current 10 day fast. What can I say? Not sick, just a quarterly cleansing.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Woody wrote:I am a little different I feel best with my blood sugar between 70 and 90 .
Below about 65 I may feel a little off but don't feel real bad till it's about 50.
But I read about a an extremely obese man on a fast well you won't believe
what his blood sugar was so here is the article.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
When fasting, it is normal to have numbers in the 50's to 60's. The lowest I have gotten mine is upper 50's but mid 60's is more common. Didn't feel bad at all. Felt great actually.

Dr. Domonic D'Agostino has gotten his BG number down to mid 40's while speaking at a nutritional seminar just to prove to his audience that it could be done without being diagnosed as comatose. He was on day 7 of a fast and then took an exogenous ketone supplement to do it though I think.

UPDATE: Just now measured mine and it's 67. Only thing I've noticed is a bit of mild muscle twitching ... will take some Ca/Mg supplement for that.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 pm

My brother has been dealing with uncontrolled diabetes, along with other health issues, for a while now. He's on several different medications for it, including insulin, but refuses to eat right, lose weight, or exercise at all, not even just walking. His last fasting glucose at the lab was over 300 and his A1C was 9-something. He needs back surgery but the doctors won't do it with his readings this high. His endocrinologist said if he didn't start doing something regarding his lifestyle that his kidneys might last three years and that he would probably go blind. I have another brother who lost his right leg from the knee down due to diabetes complications...a small blister on his toe wouldn't heal due to reduced circulation which caused an infection that spread regardless of in-hospital aggressive antibiotic IV treatment. Just some things to think about...high blood sugar is a problem, a major one.

I am pre-diabetic and am doing everything I can to not become diabetic. Since last September I've lost 45 pounds and reduced my A1C from 6.1 to 5.8 following my endocrinologist's instructions. (Pre-diabetis is 5.7 to 6.4.) And that's without much exercise since I have fibro and other joint problems (although I REALLY need to stop using that as an excuse and exercise in a way that works for me when I can). Not easy, but definitely not impossible for most people.

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Thats scary, my dad finally started managing his diabetes after the third increase in insulin, before he just took a pill or two a day, and didnt care. his new doc basically said manage it or you will have a heart attack and die. it scared him enough to start watching it but he still refuses to poke himself daily, even though insurance covers 100% of the stuff.

Me I am actually Hypoglycemic, my fasting blood sugar was 44 last check. I hit 180+ and I'm on a full sugar high. Its totally amazing how differently it effects us, 180 to one person may be a normal high, but to me im heading to the ER if I hit 200.. Im 190 pounds and close to six foot. Not skinny either, but not considered overweight as well.. My old dog harped on me for years telling me that hypo can turn hyper instantly with no warning.. im like okay..my new doc laughed at that statement in my file. why you never would of seen me with a coffee in the mornings, I usually was sucking my first pepsi down by 7 am, I now use a natural supplement and diet. and smaller meals more times a day.

"I hate the word 'Handicapped' and 'Disabled'. They imply that you are less than whole don't see myself that way at all". ~Aimee Mullins