Help with reading this.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Help with reading this.

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:29 pm

I prefer Large Thumbnail myself. Not too big and not too little and if I need it bigger I can click on it and then enlarge.

The AHI graph you asked about, that is just an hourly AHI count. Starts over each hour.
You have times with nothing going on and then the times with a little going on you get the hourly index or average.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Okay. could not figure why there is an event but that shows something going on for almost 2 hours as I read it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:59 pm

bmanley wrote:shows something going on for almost 2 hours as I read it.
You read it wrong. It's not the duration of the event in that AHI graph.
It's the number of events within a 60 minute segment.
See the time from right before 6:00 and ending 60 minutes later where it shows the "1" graph plateau...that's one event during the entire 60 minutes.

If you want duration go over to the Events tab under the AHI bar graphs on the left and click on one of the categories of events and then see each event that was flagged and in parentheses is the duration in seconds of each event.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm

bmanley wrote:In this screen shot what does the part with the AHI mean? The two places where is goes up and over and back down but it seems like a long period of time
nothing meaningful.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm

bmanley wrote:What size do you pick to get the full page in the shot?
large thumbnail, explained in the imgur instructions I gave you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Since in about an hours time the graph goes up to 3 does that mean there was 3 during that hour? The events tabs only list 2 and not during the same hour

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 pm

bmanley wrote:Since in about an hours time the graph goes up to 3 does that mean there was 3 during that hour? The events tabs only list 2 and not during the same hour
turn off the stupid AHI strip and just look at the flags.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:57 pm

You have 3 events during that one 60 minute span.
One Hyponea at the very beginning of that 60 minutes and then the 2 OAs later in that 60 minutes segment.

AHI...Apnea Index (this include both Central/Clear Airway apnea index and Obstructive Apnea index) plus any Hyponea Index.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:07 am

When should I be worried about the leak rate? Listed in the large leak rate the highest I have had was 7.78%. It seems to run from 2-7 or so. I would guess everybody has a leak rate so just wondering what is a normal range

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 am

ResMed won't give you Mr Frowny face until you spend at least 30% of the night in large leak.
You have to decide your own line in the sand but from the images you show....the times in large leak are brief and I wouldn't worry about them if it was me.
My own personal line in the sand is 10%. Even then I don't get in a panic over one night of bad leaks.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Makes since on the leaks. You can make a graph look like about anything you want. I know the number don't look like too much but you never know. Only had the new machine a little over a week so I'm still learning about it. Came from the S9 escape so never had any data to read.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:42 pm

To give you something to compare your leaks to mine.
Take a look at this little jewel of a report.
Even with all this it wasn't quite 25% and I still got a Mr Smiley face for mask fit and leak control. Go figure.
This was mask movement. I taped my mouth because I had 3 nights in a row like this and I wanted to eliminate mouth breathing leaks as being the cause. So this is all mask movement...Not my usual P10 nasal pillow either. Just another mask I was trying. These did disturb my sleep too.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 am

Thanks Pugsy, I need to remember to look at how the chart is looking at things more. Like I said it can look like many things depending on how it is doing it.

One question I have is since I was using the S9 escape with no data and moved to this airsense 10 autoset is there a way to tell if the autoset is helping fix any issues I might have been having with my old machine? I think part of the readings on the left side are telling me the range of pressure the machine did during this night so I would guess if it has any kind of range then it did help. I'm hoping when I see my pain doctor maybe I can get some help with pain during the night so I can get some better rest, which I think is now a big part of why I don't wake up rested. I know my other meds don't help with being tired during the day but I've not been this bad for many years. My wife has some injections for her neck today and I know if I sit in the chair waiting too long I will be a sleep

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 am

bmanley wrote:is there a way to tell if the autoset is helping fix any issues I might have been having with my old machine?
Not really since you aren't using the same fixed pressure as you did with the Escape. We don't know for sure that the Escape was missing something.
To get an idea of what your therapy was like on the Escape you would need to use the same settings as you did on the Escape..

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Pugsy wrote:
bmanley wrote:is there a way to tell if the autoset is helping fix any issues I might have been having with my old machine?
Not really since you aren't using the same fixed pressure as you did with the Escape. We don't know for sure that the Escape was missing something.
To get an idea of what your therapy was like on the Escape you would need to use the same settings as you did on the Escape..
he's also not the same person he was when using the autoset, in other words, even if you do set up the machine exactly the same, since sleep varies from night to night and even hour to hour, you can't replicate what was happening back then with any certainty.