How to cheat cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WRX03

Re: How to cheat cpap

Post by WRX03 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:00 am

Supertrucker wrote:Does anybody know how to cheer a CPAP machine so you company think that you were using it at 80%
Yes it involves a disco ball motor and a dremel modified valve out of an APM pump. Works well for testing PAPs.

crestifer

Post by crestifer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 am

for the life of me i can't figure out why anyone would want to "cheat" on cpap.

the whole point of using CPAP is to feel better. to have better sleep. to have a better quality of life.

this thread is...well...remarkable.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 am

lwieland11 wrote:My respiratory therapist did tell me that regardless of whether you're sleeping or awake, if you have your mask on, it counts toward compliance. So, you can fool the machine apparently.

If the person can wear it six hours awake, there should no issue sleeping with it!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 am

crestifer wrote:for the life of me i can't figure out why anyone would want to "cheat" on cpap.

the whole point of using CPAP is to feel better. to have better sleep. to have a better quality of life.

this thread is...well...remarkable.
this forum is full of the remarkable so he should fit right in

crestifer

Post by crestifer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:30 am

Guest wrote:this forum is full of the remarkable so he should fit right in

indeed.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:58 am

Can't believe so many fell for this!
I nearly did, glad I'm not the only niave one on the forum
I'd say 'gullible' but that word is no longer in the English dictionary

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:24 pm

Hannibal 2 wrote: I'd say 'gullible' but that word is no longer in the English dictionary

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:
Hannibal 2 wrote: I'd say 'gullible' but that word is no longer in the English dictionary
It's too bad we have increased the breeding program, when the world is already overrun with the gullible! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Sunnykom

Post by Sunnykom » Sun May 28, 2017 1:52 pm

But I am 70 years and retired and have car just for driving 5 KM a week for gricories but doctor insisting that that you must purchase CPAP and use every night atleast 4 hours.
I can not sleep with mask and sleep disturbed every half hour. I have no medical problem only during routine check it was observed that I have sleep apnea.
What to do as doctor is threatening that my driving licence will be suspended if I do not use/purchase CPAP

RonS

Post by RonS » Sun May 28, 2017 3:13 pm

1) Hook up two autolevel machines to each other and cross your fingers, or
2) get a bloodhound and sneak the mask up on him while he's sleepy

Itrytofly

Post by Itrytofly » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:35 am

Hey guys I’m new here, I see all this judgement passes on this guy, and can’t believe all of you. I will say this, I was borderline when I was diagnosed for my cpap. I slept waaaayyyyu better before I got this thing. I am a light sleeper and the cpap wakes me up several times a night. I have to leave it off a couple nights a week just to get fully rested. I have talked to my doc and the DME company which are no help at all. So unless you have had the problems some of us have, you need to stop with the self righteous talk and get more info on the situation. I found this post with a search to help me keep my numbers up because I don’t tolerate the machine and have to have the useage to keep my job. I get less sleep now that I ever have in my life due to this machine that I am required to use.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:00 am

Itrytofly wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:35 am
Hey guys I’m new here, I see all this judgement passes on this guy, and can’t believe all of you. I will say this, I was borderline when I was diagnosed for my cpap. I slept waaaayyyyu better before I got this thing. I am a light sleeper and the cpap wakes me up several times a night. I have to leave it off a couple nights a week just to get fully rested. I have talked to my doc and the DME company which are no help at all. So unless you have had the problems some of us have, you need to stop with the self righteous talk and get more info on the situation. I found this post with a search to help me keep my numbers up because I don’t tolerate the machine and have to have the useage to keep my job. I get less sleep now that I ever have in my life due to this machine that I am required to use.
And you think we are the problem? Read more, but in a positive way, attitude is everything. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:05 am

Start your own thread. Name your machine (full name, not just "Resmed"), and mask, plus give us your pressure settings (which may well have been set wrong for you). Show us your sleep study results and whether or not you've been tested since. Once we have that info we may very well be able to help you, but we need something to go on and, again, your own thread.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:20 am

Itrytofly wrote:
I get less sleep now that I ever have in my life due to this machine that I am required to use.
There's a very good chance that your CPAP therapy is not optimized. Follow Julie's advice and start a new thread. Members will help you with the optimization. That's what we do here.*

*In addition to roasting truckers who want to cheat on their CPAP compliance.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:57 am

Itrytofly wrote:
If you think it's OK to fraudulently pass compliance and expect us to help, than you're as much of an idiot as he is.

The guy didn't come here asking for help using or improving his CPAP therapy. He wanted help to commit a crime. And why would you presume that we haven't experienced serious problems ourselves. Almost all of us are here because we were let down by the medical community and had to seek help elsewhere.