How to cheat cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bmanley

Re: How to cheat cpap

Post by bmanley » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Maybe somebody will trace his post and figure out were he posted from and report it to his company. NOTHING is hidden on the internet when you know how to look. If they do get in a wreck and the lawyers figure out he should have been on cpap just think of the money the company will have to pay out and he will go to prison

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Maybe with luck, some other sleep deprived trucker will crash into this nut case and they will both be dead, that way innocent folks will be saved.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:57 pm

I think he was just trolling to see if he could stir up a ruckus and he accomplished that little mission.

Most truck drivers would how to beat the system if they really wanted to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:58 pm

The OP forgot to mention that he was asking on behalf of a friend ...

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:21 pm

nanwilson wrote:Maybe with luck, some other sleep deprived trucker will crash into this nut case and they will both be dead, that way innocent folks will be saved.
Oh No! It may be my order on those trucks, maybe he's just a weekend chicken hauler, I have enough frozen chicken breasts in the freezer to hold me over until they can train another driver. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Goofproof wrote:
nanwilson wrote:Maybe with luck, some other sleep deprived trucker will crash into this nut case and they will both be dead, that way innocent folks will be saved.
Oh No! It may be my order on those trucks, maybe he's just a weekend chicken hauler, I have enough frozen chicken breasts in the freezer to hold me over until they can train another driver. Jim
Made me think of this song.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg4psqXicRs

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

sc0ttt

Post by sc0ttt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:24 pm

OK, I'm not going to condone cheating. But it's reasonable to examine the weaknesses in the compliance checks.

1. The machine counts time used even when you're not asleep. Wearing your mask and breathing normally while awake isn't even considered cheating but it certainly doesn't help with apnea or make you a safer driver. Maybe there will be a better sleep-monitor/indicator one day.

2. The machine doesn't know who's using it. Maybe there will be some kind of personal identifying technology to make sure you're you.

3. I don't know, but I'd be surprised if the data on the card isn't somehow hackable. Like you could save a file with a good night on it, and copy it with different dates. Or "buy" an uploaded good set of data from some cheater-enabler on-line before you get checked.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Hubby was a HS dropout with major smarts.
He attended lectures/took exams for college students for pocket money--some pre-med.
Maybe I can get him back on HIS cpap for a bit of cash.
It would be a one-shot deal, since the machine's SN is somewhere in the card data, and the cheater would get busted.

justmetoo

Post by justmetoo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:48 pm

Well the dates and time would have to match his logs or your busted, his driving log that is. Trucking is control now by the feds so both could face some real trouble. You hand the driver your cpap data and he gets in a wreck you could be looking at losing your house in the lawsuit. The guy is just a troll but I'm sure there is a driver out there thinking about trying to get around the laws. Truck drivers are killing people everyday and mainly because you can buy the CDL and never need to know how to drive. When you see them breaking the law and they have a company name call and report them, best thing you can do. Make sure you get truck number, trailer number, when and were. A good dash cam helps too because if he is not were his log says he should be a good company will fire him

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:52 pm

What is so awful about using the machine as prescribed? Really there's no way to do this anyhow. The monitoring software is too sophisticated to fool anyhow!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 pm

You say it's illegal to scam the scammer?
What a shame!

How to get used to cpap

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Can't do it

Wulfman...

Re: How to get used to cpap

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Guest wrote:Can't do it
If you're the original poster, maybe if you'd tell us some things about your therapy, we could try to help you.
That's why we're here. That's the nature of this forum.

What equipment are you using?
What are your settings?
What problems are you having?
Anything else you can think of.......

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

lwieland11

Post by lwieland11 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:43 am

My respiratory therapist did tell me that regardless of whether you're sleeping or awake, if you have your mask on, it counts toward compliance. So, you can fool the machine apparently.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:46 am

Just because you 'can' do something doesn't mean you should or else we might as well go back to the Stone age.