Low Tolerance for CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

Re: Low Tolerance for CPAP

Post by Goofproof » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Wasn't this about a Fable, The Princess and the Pea. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Marsengill wrote:I do not have a software program.
get one.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:30 pm

"Software"; the best one is FREE!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Software
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

Could you answer these questions please?
Pugsy wrote: Exactly what is the problem...why are you not using it? Is it the inability to fall asleep with the mask and machine on but you fall asleep easily otherwise? Or do you have trouble falling asleep even without the mask and machine on?
If it's just with the mask and machine...any idea why? Is it mask comfort? Noise?
Do you simply never fall asleep with it or do you fall asleep and then wake up only to take it off?

We try to help people figure out what is causing the problem and how to try to fix the problem but first we have to know what the problem is. So the more information we can get the better the chances are of maybe fixing the problem.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Jimmycrackhorn wrote:As far as the restless leg here's an interesting fact.

I was getting it BAD every night.

But then I noticed something after I got 2 different mattresses - 1 firmer and one softer. The SOFTER one seemed to be the one that kicked up my restless leg WAY MORE than when I'd lie on the firm mattress. Also there's a time window. It only happens really in the evening, usually only when I'm trying to go to sleep.

If I wake up in the middle of the night and switch to the softer mattress it doesn't happen.

Also I started taking a little iron supplement nightly and it seems to help. You gotta be careful with the iron though.

I'd check to see if it's your mattress doing something weird to your body. Like I said. It's weird how I can meditate on the soft mattress for an hour or more during the day and do into light sleep but no restless leg but once it hits 10pm here it comes.
Doesn't it wake you us changing the mattress every nite in the middle of the nite? Jim
I wake up in the middle of the night at least once no matter what on my best nights, usually have to pee and then depending on how my body feels I decide what mattress to be on.

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Goofproof wrote:Wasn't this about a Fable, The Princess and the Pea. Jim
Yes. Actually my great grandfather wrote that story.

kteague

Post by kteague » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Marsengill wrote:...Pressure Setting is 9. (This setting has been evaluated several times.
...When my legs are restless it seems that the mask is very difficult to tolerate. So I don't know if it is the chicken or the egg thing.
...I have discussed my medications with my primary physician. He doesn't think any are applicable to my sleeping problem.
When sleep issues are ambiguous, that's when facts become even more important. Accessing your machine data seems priority. When you say your pressure of 9 has been evaluated several times, does that mean someone has evaluated your machine data or is that through sleep studies? Keep in mind our sleep is diferent night by night, and random nights are not necessarily representative of every night's needs. Especially with other sleep disorders involved, it's like shooting at a moving target.

It sounds like your RLS is not well controlled. That's a whole conversation of its own. There's ups and downs to the medicine options for treatment of RLS so I'm not suggesting doping up. I am suggesting you find out exactly how much your RLS is adversely affecting your sleep and then make informed decisions. Leading up to that, I'd consider #1 Have you had your ferritin level tested and is it up close to 100, as is recommended for patients with RLS and/or PLMD? #2 Are your magnesium, Vitamin D, and B vitamins all within normal levels? Sometimes deficiencies in things necessary to proper nerve and muscle function are a culprit, but at the very least, give your body what it needs to be at its healthiest to deal with the issues you face.

About your meds, please list them here along with any supplements you might take. Doctors cannot know everything about every med, so unless they can say they researched yours thoroughly, I wouldn't accept their words as gospel. My worst times in life regarding my health were due directly to side effects from prescriptions that multiple doctors didn't recognize as a problem. They may be right, but "may be" is not enough when you're trying to rule out issues. Some meds are known to cause sleep fragmentation. Some are known to cause RLS. Just cover all your bases.