Need help picking a new machine!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Need help picking a new machine!

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 am

Gasp, just fyi, wise people ignore blithering idiots like "Uncle Dumbshit"... heed his ignorant "advice" at your own peril... stick to knowledgeable people like Pugsy.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:05 am

palerider wrote:Gasp, just fyi, wise people ignore blithering idiots like "Uncle Dumbshit"... heed his ignorant "advice" at your own peril... stick to knowledgeable people like Pugsy.
Can't you two just get a room

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:27 am

. wrote:
palerider wrote:Gasp, just fyi, wise people ignore blithering idiots like "Uncle Dumbshit"... heed his ignorant "advice" at your own peril... stick to knowledgeable people like Pugsy.
Can't you two just get a room
can't you just do the world a favor and pound on your computer with a hammer?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

gasp

Post by gasp » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:35 am

Uncle_Bob wrote: 3) Turn off the bells and whistles i.e ramp and EPR unless absolutely necessary.
Why?

Thanks for reminder about skin it.

I'm no pro, but knowing the full data from the beginning of my therapy helped me lower my AHI significantly. The forum helped me. I had high leaks from everything from using the wrong mask for my face, mouth open, mask being unseated. I saw that it was always the early morning hoursthe leaks were the worst. I figured out that was when I turned into my stomach, my old default sleeping position.

But more importantly, I had more events when the pressure got too high, which I wouldn't have learned unless I could see the data. I lowered my max range and my AHI came right down.

Also, I think seeing the data makes it "real". Having to strap on a mask can quickly be reasoned that it's not worth the early therapy weeks of discomfort. I see the data and how many times I stopped breathing. I'd keep being compliant. I wanted to throw it across the room many times. The data kept me in the game.

Anyway, thanks so much for the post.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 am

gasp wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote: 3) Turn off the bells and whistles i.e ramp and EPR unless absolutely necessary.
Why?

Thanks for reminder about skin it.

I'm no pro, but knowing the full data from the beginning of my therapy helped me lower my AHI significantly. The forum helped me. I had high leaks from everything from using the wrong mask for my face, mouth open, mask being unseated. I saw that it was always the early morning hoursthe leaks were the worst. I figured out that was when I turned into my stomach, my old default sleeping position.

But more importantly, I had more events when the pressure got too high, which I wouldn't have learned unless I could see the data. I lowered my max range and my AHI came right down.

Also, I think seeing the data makes it "real". Having to strap on a mask can quickly be reasoned that it's not worth the early therapy weeks of discomfort. I see the data and how many times I stopped breathing. I'd keep being compliant. I wanted to throw it across the room many times. The data kept me in the game.

Anyway, thanks so much for the post.
Where is the "like" button?

As a new user I agree with this. This forum and Sleepyhead software has helped fill the void left by my local "professionals". I may have already given up if not for the people here.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:48 am

gasp wrote:
. wrote: 3) Turn off the bells and whistles i.e ramp and EPR unless absolutely necessary.
Why?
the poster you're responding to is mistaken in his beliefs, and has no experience on the subject.

Last edited by palerider on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

gasp

Post by gasp » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 am

palerider wrote:
gasp wrote:
. wrote: 3) Turn off the bells and whistles i.e ramp and EPR unless absolutely necessary.
Why?
because he's ignorant and doesn't understand anything about anybody else's treatment besides his own, and barely that.
Oh! Palerider, did you lose your halo?

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:29 am

gasp wrote:
palerider wrote:
gasp wrote:
Why?
because he's ignorant and doesn't understand anything about anybody else's treatment besides his own, and barely that.
possibly, dumbshits that spew bad and misleading ignorance irritate the hell out of me.

if bob would just do us all a favor and give himself the sludge treament, I could go back to being angelic.

how'd he get away with that stuff and still be loved by all??? mysteries.

Last edited by palerider on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:30 am

gasp wrote: Oh! Palerider, did you lose your halo?
His halo slips around a lot. Hard to keep it on.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:34 am

Pugsy wrote:
gasp wrote: Oh! Palerider, did you lose your halo?
His halo slips around a lot. Hard to keep it on.
hand me that rag, will you? it seems to have picked up a lot of tarnish... :sigh:

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:43 am

Gasp... you should use whatever EPR setting makes things work for you, just bear in mind two things.

more EPR results in lower minimum pressure, so that may need to be raised.

in a few people, EPR can cause central apneas by causing too much co2 to be blown off... and that makes your body think 'well! I don't need to breath for a little bit". if that happens, try reducing the EPR.

gasp

Post by gasp » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 am

palerider wrote:
gasp wrote:
palerider wrote:
gasp wrote:
Why?
possibly, dumbshits that spew bad and misleading ignorance irritate the hell out of me.

if bob would just do us all a favor and give himself the sludge treament, I could go back to being angelic.

how'd he get away with that stuff and still be loved by all??? mysteries.
Ok, polish your halo, stick it back on. )

I'll let you all know how it goes with our newest fellow hosehead. The machine arrives today or tomorrow.

I remember the early days, so much to experience and learn. This forum was sooooo instrumental in me staying compliant. And knowing what the heck I was doing. I'll start a new thread with how the noob is doing. Thanks again everyone for your input.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:58 am

palerider wrote:how'd he get away with that stuff and still be loved by all??? mysteries.
Sludge aka whoever he was using at the time...was an asshole a good bit of the time but he knew his shit about this sleep apnea therapy stuff.
He was like having to take medicine that tasted bad....you had put of with the bad taste to get the good results.
Not unlike some others here.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 am

Pugsy wrote:.you had put up with the bad taste to get the good results.
Not unlike some others here.
WHAT? are you implying I'm fake cherry flavored?

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:10 am

I remember reading a thread where our moderator said children should not rant in help threads.
See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114176&p=1104690#p1104690

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.