Sleepyhead Softw and AirCurve10ST

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lwieland11

Sleepyhead Softw and AirCurve10ST

Post by lwieland11 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:39 am

Hi -

Will the Sleepyhead Software read the data from an AirCurve10ST? The first time I used the software, I was still using my CPAP. If it will read the data from an AirCurve10ST, how do I change the machine on the software? Thanks.

Pugsy

Re: Sleepyhead Softw and AirCurve10ST

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:44 am

Yes. SleepyHead works fine with your new machine. I am using the exact same machine as you are using now...it works fine with SH.
You don't have to change anything about your machine on the software. The software will see the change and make the change accordingly in it's reporting. You can have multiple machines in the same user profile. Won't hurt a thing. Each report will reflect the machine that was used to generate the report.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

lwieland11

Post by lwieland11 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:46 am

Great! Thanks.

lwieland11

Post by lwieland11 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:49 am

Well, just tried it again and the daily stats are from late January when I was still using my CPAP.. Hmm.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:55 am

You have to import/download the the data from the new SD card before you can see it.
SleepyHead doesn't go get the new SD card data without you telling it to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

lwieland11

Post by lwieland11 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 am

There is no SD card in mine. There is a place for it like there was with the AirSense10 but my AirCurve10ST does not have a card.

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:24 am

lwieland11 wrote:There is no SD card in mine. There is a place for it like there was with the AirSense10 but my AirCurve10ST does not have a card.
You''ll need to buy a card and put it in. SD card transfer is the only way you can get the data to sleepyhead.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:36 am

The DME removed the SD card before giving the machine to you? Tight wads. It came with one.
But as Linuxman says..you can go get a card easily enough. Any generic SD card will work. WalMart has them if you have a WalMart close by.
The card does have to be in the machine all night to get the graphs and detailed reports though.
The machine does hold some data in it's internal memory but only the summary stuff. To get the details the SD card must be in the machine all night and then you download the SD card to SH the next morning.

There is a way for wireless transfer of the data to SH but it still involves a SD card and a very special SD card at that and it is expensive to boot..plus a lot of set up work that I think you would have trouble doing.

I think in your situation the best choice is a plain SD card from Walmart and manually remove the SD card and put it in your computer when you want to see the data..
Don't forget to put it back though....I have had a couple of nights where I forgot and left the SD card in my computer and missed out on the detailed graphs.
You don't have to worry about locking the card though...the AirCurve machine doesn't care if your computer puts that little file on the SD card that annoys the S9 machines.

lwieland11

Post by lwieland11 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:44 am

If my machine came with an SD card, I have a right to ask for it back, don't I? I don't want to spend a dime more than I have to. Already dealing with some significant medical debt.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:50 am

Yep..you have a right to ask for the SD card.
They will likely tell you that "you don't need it" or "why do you want it" and poo poo off the software part of things because they will tell you that you don't need to be looking at all that stuff.
All the ResMed machines come from the manufacturer with the SD card.

Did you for sure look for it in the right place? I know I looked and the slot that I first thought was for the SD card..the slot that is easily seen didn't have a card in it but that's for a different attachment.

The SD card slot is on the left side of the machine and there is a cover on it that you have to pull back to access the slot.
There are actually 2 covers on that left side...it's the top one. If you aren't looking in there then you are looking in the wrong place.
I mention this because I couldn't find my SD card and thought the first slot that is easily seen was the SD card slot and I was all set to go buy a SD card and decided maybe I should look at the manual...that's where I learned about the little side thingies on the left side.
Takes a fingernail to open them up and get to the slot/card.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 am

Oh...I bought my machine used from a private party...I originally thought they just forgot to include the card until I found the hidden slot.

lwieland11

Post by lwieland11 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:59 am

It is definitely hard to tell where the SD card is but I did look on the lefthand side, top slot and it wasn't there. The DME tech told me I didn't need one, (as you said they would) because they(and my sleep doc) can access the data from their offices. I just left a message for them to get my SD card. Will be interesting to see what they say. I'm guessing that they'll try to charge me for it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:45 am

lwieland11 wrote:I'm guessing that they'll try to charge me for it.

I bet you are right. Give 'em hell. They probably have a drawer full of cards they robbed from machines so they can sell and make extra money.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 am

lwieland11 wrote:There is no SD card in mine. There is a place for it like there was with the AirSense10 but my AirCurve10ST does not have a card.
put one in it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

lwieland11

Post by lwieland11 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:03 pm

So, I called and asked for my SD card from the DME. I go to pick it up. I just happened to ask, "This is a new one, right?" Receptionist says no, it used. But don't worry, we clear them all before reusing." I said, "I want a new one. I bought my machine new from you and the SD card that came with it was taken out." She calls back to a salesperson who says, "It's new." Oh geez. They'll say just about anything, won't they? So, what do you think? Should I use the one they gave me? I doubt it's new.