New travel size machine- Resmed Air-Mini- coming soon

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

Re: New travel size machine- Resmed Air-Mini- coming soon

Post by Goofproof » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:51 pm

gosman wrote:Oh my! If you are sick, you will keep re-infecting yourself. I don't think ResMed would do that!
If you are sick, and your body doesn't kill the germs infecting you, you will never get well! They are your germs, embrace them! Jim

And Yes, Resmed would do that! You want a Travel Machine, you want to live forever too?
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:58 pm

gosman wrote:Oh my! If you are sick, you will keep re-infecting yourself. I don't think ResMed would do that!
I'll just say "Doesn't work that way". perhaps you could read up on immunology...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

paddington

Post by paddington » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:02 pm

gosman wrote:Now the real question will be: will insurance pay for it? I suspect it will not.
Our health insurance gives you some back f or a new machine every two years. Doesn't cover the whole cost.

paddington

Post by paddington » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:05 pm

RogerSC wrote:Make or break for me (in addition to price *smile*) is noise level. If I can sleep with it on, then I'd consider it. The price may be prohibitive, though.

The other thing that I heard was that there isn't a separate humidifier, but there is a way to get humidity into the system. Not sure what it is, or why ResMed is being so secretive about it at this point, especially after their Australian launch yesterday. Guess I'm just a naive non-marketing guy.
I have no idea but none of the suppliers who went to the launch are allowed to show pictures of the machine or talk about it.
The new one won't be released to the public until early - mid may. : (
Maybe they haven't go supplies yet and they want advanced orders?
Don't know but Í am not a marketing guru either.

Lucidiot

Post by Lucidiot » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:18 am

I read the contest terms and conditions to mean the device and mask, which are bought and sold together, will retail for $1,999. An Australian retailer mentioned a similar price in a recent YouTube video. Not cheap.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:37 am

Lucidiot wrote:I read the contest terms and conditions to mean the device and mask, which are bought and sold together, will retail for $1,999. An Australian retailer mentioned a similar price in a recent YouTube video. Not cheap.
I read the terms and interpreted the system, mask, & $1000 gift card retails for $1999.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Gerald?

Post by Gerald? » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Lucidiot wrote:I read the contest terms and conditions to mean the device and mask, which are bought and sold together, will retail for $1,999. An Australian retailer mentioned a similar price in a recent YouTube video. Not cheap.
Yes but if that is Australian pricing, you have to appreciate in Australia the retail of an AirSense 10 Autoset is about $2,500.

Post by 951753 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:48 pm

$2099 Aud
Which is for the machine and either of the 3 masks that will work with it.
The F20, N20 and P10
This also includes the bed caddie.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:06 am

$1515USD at today's exchange rate. I don't think they will sell many at that price.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:11 am

hobbs wrote:
$1515USD at today's exchange rate. I don't think they will sell many at that price.
Here is what the terms say.

Grand Prize (1): A Sponsor-selected $1,000 gift card and a voucher for an AirMini system and Mask (ARV: $1,999)

Some people have interpreted that at AirMini is $1999. I interpret that as AirMini & Mask is $999. You be the judge for yourself on the price.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:14 am

hobbs wrote:
the exchange rate has nothing to do with cpap (not just resmed) pricing in different international markets.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:18 am

No way at that price. I'll continue to carry my spare S9 with me on the plane...

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:13 pm

United pretty much has the monopoly at our local airport:
so I am not making any plans to be traveling more than a couple feet above ground level.
Amazing how much cargo we can cram into the Prius.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:17 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:United pretty much has the monopoly at our local airport:
so I am not making any plans to be traveling more than a couple feet above ground level.
Amazing how much cargo we can cram into the Prius.
what? you don't want to be beaten to a pulp at random?

DavidX

Post by DavidX » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Just spoke with Resmed 20 minutes ago (0900 April 18th in Australia) and they advised should be available mid May 2017 and fully featured