New User 2nd post

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrbreezeet1

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:08 pm

I just lowered the mask so it will sit further over my mouth. Don't seem as comfortable, but maybe it won't let my mouth drop below the mask now??????????

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:17 pm

Hoping I get a good night's sleep.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:38 am

mrbreezeet1 wrote:Hoping I get a good night's sleep.

No such luck.

SunnyBeBe

Post by SunnyBeBe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:49 pm

I noticed your thread and wanted to encourage you to press on. There are a lot of experienced people on this site, so, I'd take their suggestions and continue to work towards compliance. I'd be careful to not turn the cpap off? Doesn't your insurance have a requirement that you use it for a minimum amount of time, in order for them to cover its purchase price and supplies? Mine did, so I was super careful to comply.

I agree that the cpap rep people and the ones at the sleep study who helped fit me, could have been better, but, I'd just push through and insist on what you need. I knew immediately that a full mask was not for me, so, I opted for a nasal pillow and it worked great. I lucked up and adjusted quickly, but, even if there are struggles, it's worth it, to just make up your mind that this is something that you will be successful with and then do whatever it takes to get it accomplished. You won't feel better by forsaking treatment. I wouldn't hesitate challenging a rep. If they say something you are confused by, speak up. Tell them that what they offer is unacceptable and you have to get this right. What's the downside to that? It's their job to help, right?

I know people who use chin straps and find them useful. I hope you find solutions that make your treatment work for you.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (contains humidifier)
Nuance Pro Gel Pillow and headgear

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:49 pm

SunnyBeBe wrote:I noticed your thread and wanted to encourage you to press on. There are a lot of experienced people on this site, so, I'd take their suggestions and continue to work towards compliance. I'd be careful to not turn the cpap off? Doesn't your insurance have a requirement that you use it for a minimum amount of time, in order for them to cover its purchase price and supplies? Mine did, so I was super careful to comply.

I agree that the cpap rep people and the ones at the sleep study who helped fit me, could have been better, but, I'd just push through and insist on what you need. I knew immediately that a full mask was not for me, so, I opted for a nasal pillow and it worked great. I lucked up and adjusted quickly, but, even if there are struggles, it's worth it, to just make up your mind that this is something that you will be successful with and then do whatever it takes to get it accomplished. You won't feel better by forsaking treatment. I wouldn't hesitate challenging a rep. If they say something you are confused by, speak up. Tell them that what they offer is unacceptable and you have to get this right. What's the downside to that? It's their job to help, right?

I know people who use chin straps and find them useful. I hope you find solutions that make your treatment work for you.
I know, But I don't even care for this sleep center or lung center its called, and they are passing the buck to the hardware supplier,
and she was supposed to bring a chin strap, nut then told me they didn't work, and people don't like them,
and you still can "Open your Mouth"
I think keeping your mouth closed, and forcing it open past the chin strap are possibly 2 different things.
I can't seem to get these people to work Properly with me.
I just tell the insurance co. I was sleeping worse , and the doctor nor the hardware people weren't doing right by me.
and I don't think with $35.00 left in the bank, I should have to go pay $17.00 for a collar.
I tried to get a collar off E bay, but it was too small.

My brother has one and loves it, (A CPAP machine) he uses some type of nose one. (mask)
He Snores a lot if hes not wearing it, but somehow trained himself to keep his mouth closed when sleeping.
I lowered this mask down so My mouth would not fall out if the mask as soon as I fell asleep, well my mouth was staying in the mask,
But still waking up a lot with a dry mouth, and I guess that's what's waking me up.
I'm tired of it, and I'm tired of waking up tired, and Im tired of these Asshole Doctors that just want to rush you in and out, and Pass the Buck to the Hardware supplier. They were supposed to FIT ME They said. (at the 2nd sleep study.)
She brought out ONE MASK! and said it was THE BEST!
And don't please take this personally, but I'm sick of typing and correcting mistakes.
I am a Fat fingered Slow typer, that can't type, Just about one step over typing with one finger. and cant spell either, and I'm just very frustrated with all of it.
I couldn't sleep last night then was still up at 9:00 AM, and as soon as I was sleeping, was having stressful dreams, Then The Damn phone woke me up.
and of course No message, and "Unknown Number " on the Phone. Oh, No, It just said My City.
I wish I could Find a different doctor.
If I'm on medicare, I don't think I need a referral from My Primary Do I?
But My Primary Dr. keeps acting like a need a referral for everything I do.
And I thought with medicare, I didn't have to.
Thank you for Reaching out,
as I have no friends or family either.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:57 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:My brother has one and loves it, ...
I have no... family either.
:scratching head:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:47 pm

palerider wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:and I'm sort of depressed, so I don't feel like doing nothing.
excellent!

since you don't feel like doing nothing, that means you feel like doing something, so go do something!
palerider wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:
DeadlySleep wrote:Every pet cat, were he able to gain 50 lbs, would disembowel you and play with your innards while watching you slowly die.
I don't think she would.
She's too nice of a cat.
denial is a powerful force.
palerider wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:
Julie wrote:Coat yourself with hot sauce! Cats are just being themselves and you don't know what effect hot sauce could have on them - even a trace of garlic may kill a cat and I imagine most hot sauces have garlic in them!
Cats are nice animals.
that will eat you if you die.
What Do You Hate Cats Or Something?
Furthermore, Don't know of a lot of Cats that All at Once "GAINED 50 POUNDS"
Thank You, If you don't have anything helpful, just stay the hell out.
Go make stupid remarks to someone else.
palerider wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:My brother has one and loves it, ...
I have no... family either.
:scratching head:
I may as well not have any.
There all in another state, and don't bother with me.
And I'm tired of Your Smart ass attitude.
I want to to just stay the hell out of my threads.
Last edited by mrbreezeet1 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:12 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:I want to to just stay the hell out of my threads.
if only!

tell ya what, since all you've done since you started posting was piss and moan and try to get people to cry for you, I'll just put you on 'ignore', since there's nothing my smart ass can do to help you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Again if you don't have anything helpful, please stay out of my threads.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Sunny bebe I think you might be right about this full face mask.
Just too cumbersome it seems.
I taped the too small collar around my.neck, but again between the FF masks I can't get used to, and the collar, I had to take it off, andI can't get this to work out.
Very disappointed with the doctor and the supplier.

Last edited by mrbreezeet1 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Oh, and since it's warmed up a bit, this mask seems too hot!

I just took the damn thing off,
It is and was driving me crazy and TOO HOT!
Question, do the nasal masks have a exhale port.
Anyone having success with a nasal mask, but had to use a chin strap?

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:50 pm

Yeah pale rider, that's why I "pissed and moaned" was to get people to "cry for me"
Question, did you say anything helpful or just stupid?
(Oh never mind, just stupid.)
Your on my block list too.
Glad your CPAP is going smoothly for you.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Sorry to have disrupted the group.
That guy rubs me the wrong way.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Actually, decided to try my old mask tonight.
Goodnight All.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:19 am

mrbreezeet1 wrote:Oh, and since it's warmed up a bit, this mask seems too hot!

I just took the damn thing off,
It is and was driving me crazy and TOO HOT!
Question, do the nasal masks have a exhale port.
Anyone having success with a nasal mask, but had to use a chin strap?
I agree a FFM is/was just too hot for me.
All masks will have an exhale port.
I started w/FFM, then a nasal, then nasal pillows.
I used a combination of things as a chin strap doesn't work for most people.
Try sleeping w/a sports mouth guard - it forces you to keep your lips together and tongue in place.
Use a cervical collar if you have one - also HOT.
Sleep on your side w/neck & spine straight.
Hold a pillow up under your chin while sleeping.
But most important is being aware of how you breath when you are awake, during the day, learn to breath thru your nose while awake first.
When you sleep you will default to what you have done ALL day.