New User 2nd post

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:14 pm

There are a couple of FF masks that do have a chin component, not large, but slight extensions of the masks that just sort of hook lightly underneath and help †ø keep the masks stable... also good for beards I've heard. Look on Cpap.com for ideas.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:33 pm

IDK, it's just the idea, I could swear she said a mask, then they said NO.
I don't like this practioner either, I can't pin it down, but she was weird.
Thank you though, I am stuck with trying what she brings this time.
It's stupid they don't have a few in Stock.
They must work on a shoestring budget.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Next, maybe I'll try the nasal pillow, and the chins trap Orr collar.
I don't know why she said NO right away about the collar.
I'm not very happy with the whole ordeal right now.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Is there a reason you can't try a collar all by yourself? Ignore what she said and give it a shot?

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Julie wrote:Is there a reason you can't try a collar all by yourself? Ignore what she said and give it a shot?
No, the heck with her.
But the one I got off e bay was too small, and I didn't get another one yet..
Money is pretty tight, and I'm sort of depressed, so I don't feel like doing nothing.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:16 am

Vicious circle - OSA depresses you so you don't want to help yourself... understandable, but the faster you go that one last step (or 2) the faster you'll feel better. I know it's hard, but maybe a friend or relative could help with it... a local pharmacy may well have the right one available... give yourself that chance.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:01 am

mrbreezeet1 wrote:and I'm sort of depressed, so I don't feel like doing nothing.
excellent!

since you don't feel like doing nothing, that means you feel like doing something, so go do something!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:43 am

Julie wrote:Vicious circle - OSA depresses you so you don't want to help yourself... understandable, but the faster you go that one last step (or 2) the faster you'll feel better. I know it's hard, but maybe a friend or relative could help with it... a local pharmacy may well have the right one available... give yourself that chance.
soon as the e bay seller refunds my money I'll order another collar.
I don't have any friends.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Simplus Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear is the mask I got today.
seems to fit better.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fisher ... -mask.html
Do you think it's a good one?
Last edited by mrbreezeet1 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:49 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:Simplus Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear is the mask I got today.
seems to fit better.
There are 277 reviews on the page that you referenced...did you read them?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:25 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:Do you think it's a good one?
Here's the real deal about masks...what I might think is a good one doesn't necessarily mean that you will feel like it is a good one. We have a saying...one man's trash is another man's treasure...about masks. Mask preferences vary by the individual and vary a lot. You are going to have to try it to see how it meets your needs. Your needs and my needs may be totally different from each other.

Some people hate the F & P Simplus but there are a lot of people who just love it. You aren't going to know how it suits your needs until you try it. We all have different facial structures...different noses...different mouths....different a lot of things and then some of us have other preferences like where the headgear straps might sit. Just too many variables for anyone to say for sure you are going to love it or hate it.

We do tend to recommend what works well for us because that's what we know best but they all come with a big YMMV sticker.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Here's the real deal about masks...what I might think is a good one doesn't necessarily mean that you will feel like it is a good one. We have a saying...one man's trash is another man's treasure...about masks. Mask preferences vary by the individual and vary a lot. You are going to have to try it to see how it meets your needs. Your needs and my needs may be totally different from each other.

Some people hate the F & P Simplus but there are a lot of people who just love it. You aren't going to know how it suits your needs until you try it. We all have different facial structures...different noses...different mouths....different a lot of things and then some of us have other preferences like where the headgear straps might sit. Just too many variables for anyone to say for sure you are going to love it or hate it.

We do tend to recommend what works well for us because that's what we know best but they all come with a big YMMV sticker.
Ok, thanks, I'm going to try it tonight.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:11 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:
Pugsy wrote:

Ok, thanks, I'm going to try it tonight.
Well, It seemed a lot more comfortable, and if I turned on my side, it didn't leak, But 2 0r 3 times, I guess I had just started to fall asleep, didn't seem like very long at least, But now my mouth is coming open, and falling below, (outside of) the mast and drying my bottom gums out in the front, and I'm waking up.
So back to square 1 I guess. Thing is, the dr., practitioner, what ever she was, said I May need a chin strap, and when I talked to the Home health care provider,
She said she would bring a chin strap too.
But when she got here, it was a different story, when I asked her about it, was told to try it like this, She said, they didn't work too well, and weren't strong enough to keep your moth closed, and don't work for most people, and most people don't like them.
Guess I need to call her back and tell her to let me try one till my replacement collar gets here from E bay.
Sorry to be a Pain in the butt about this, but this is the trouble I am having. So I ended up turning it off, and taking the mask off another night.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:20 pm

has anyone used a chin strap and had it work for them?
Hope it's proves to work or the collar seems to work, because I've about had it with this machine.
It did seem when I put my Hand under my neck, to emulate the collar, (with mask on) I seemed to breath easier, and more natural.
How many of you are successfully using a collar to keep your mouth from opening?, and did it prevent a dry mouth.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 pm

LSAT wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:Simplus Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear is the mask I got today.
seems to fit better.
There are 277 reviews on the page that you referenced...did you read them?
No, didn't notice.
I will read them.
A little bitt, I feel like i'm getting a run a round from the doctor, because as I stated, on the 2nd sleep study, (with a CPAP machine)
I was told prior to that night, that I was going To be "fitted" and shown all these different masks.
regarding the chin strap, the woman also commented, they were not very strong as "you could still open your mouth"
But maybe there is a difference between forcing your mouth open, past the tension of the strap, and having the strap hold my mouth closed
so It won't "drop open"