Blue Cross FEDERAL

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fwesley

Blue Cross FEDERAL

Post by fwesley » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:30 am

Does anyone have Blue Cross Federal? My DME does not believe that I don't have a minimum number of years before I can replace my machine. They are investigating. In 2015 I got a Resmed CPAP machine and my AHI was 1 or 2 for almost a year. Then it went up to 4 - 6 the last 6 months. I have experimented with the pressure from 9 to all the way to 12. I do believe I need an APAP machine. I have gone to a full face mask with no improvement. The DME lady told my an AHI of 6 was okay because it's only mild. I have heart problems and don't agree.

Pugsy

Re: Blue Cross FEDERAL

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:39 am

What is that AHI of 6 made up of?
Do you use software to evaluate therapy or just the numbers off the LCD screen?
If not the software...get it.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

I know nothing about your insurance but while you are trying to sort them out let's take a look at what is happening with your therapy using the software and see if apap is even the best option or not.
Sometimes the answer to a problem isn't "let's increase the pressure".

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

fwesley

Post by fwesley » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:50 am

I'm downloading it now

fwesley

Post by fwesley » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:52 am

I downloaded the data but the column for AHI and FL are all 0.00

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:02 am

fwesley wrote:I downloaded the data but the column for AHI and FL are all 0.00
it'd help if you'd tell us exactly what machine you have, look on the back and tell us what the REF number is.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:06 am

fwesley wrote:I downloaded the data but the column for AHI and FL are all 0.00
By column, do you mean the horizonal graphs? If so you can check the bottom of the page in the little box on the right where it says graphs and make sure they are all green. Also do the left corner box where it says flags.
The AHI graph really doesn't tell us much except what part of the night you had the most events, and we can see that other places.
Like PaleRider stated the exact model machine is needed. you can put that in your profile. This will show you how. wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:09 am

Show us what you are seeing please.

How to post images
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur
Please note...if you are using a Windows OS computer don't do the full screen view that is mentioned. There's a bug in SH with the full screen view thing and you won't like the results if it happens to you.

If you are posting daily detailed graphs we don't need all the graphs...just the basics first and if we need anything else we can ask for it.

See this thread for examples of what we like to see
viewtopic/t103468/Need-help-with-screen-shots.html

and how to organize the graphs...3 pages..read them all
https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize

Is it only the AHI and FL columns with nothing in them but you have other data in other columns?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

fwesley

Post by fwesley » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:31 am

If I go to the daily tab, it says your machine doesn't record useful data to graph in a daily view. I have a Resmed AirSense 10. Model 37015.

fwesley

Post by fwesley » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:49 am

Last edited by fwesley on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

fwesley

Post by fwesley » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:53 am

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:00 pm

You can't attach an image as I see you now figured out. Have to link to it instead.

But no need to do that right now because your machine is a ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP...and the data it offers is extremely limited.
You only get AHI and a 95% leak number and that's it.
SleepyHead needs some additional data files to accurately report things and that's why you are getting the
If I go to the daily tab, it says your machine doesn't record useful data to graph in a daily view.
Bummer...you need ResScan to get the AHI and leak numbers but the AHI isn't broken down into each category which is what I was really wanting.

Here's the deal...we don't know if the higher AHI is from obstructive apneas which should respond to more pressure or from central apneas which won't respond to more pressure.
The full efficacy data machines will give you each event category in addition to the overall AHI which is what you are getting now.

You have what I call a half assed brick. It has a teeny tiny bit of data but not the detailed data to really help figure out what your problem might be.

You need a different machine.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:07 pm

fwesley wrote:If I go to the daily tab, it says your machine doesn't record useful data to graph in a daily view. I have a Resmed AirSense 10. Model 37015.
your machine, the airsense10 CPAP is a piece of garbage, because, as sleepyhead says, it records almost no useful information whatsoever.

take it back and demand an Autoset, or at least an Elite model.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:11 pm

Also, avoid any Resmed AirSTART machine--like a rabid skunk, for your own good!

fwesley

Post by fwesley » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:15 pm

I own the machine. My insurance let me but it. I really hope they can get approval for me to buy a new one through my insurance. What they have now is a Respironics Auto CPAP Dream Station. Is it a good machine? Do you buy your machine online through your insurance? I'm getting frustrated with the high numberes. I feel so tired all the time.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:21 pm

fwesley wrote:In 2015 I got a Resmed CPAP machine
It's highly unlikely that the DME will be open to doing any swapping at this stage of the game.
Most likely you will get "so sorry charlie" response.

You need to read this...scroll down a bit until you see "help, I am stuck with a brick"
https://maskarrayed.wordpress.com/

Your insurance is unlikely to be willing to do anything since it hasn't been over 5 years (and that doesn't always guarantee a new machine) and the only thing wrong with it is that it is a half assed brick.

Your best best to get a new (and better) machine is to be prepared to buy it yourself.
You can buy new or even buy used and save some money. Are you willing and financially able to do that?
You might look at secondwindcpap.com for pricing options for new and used...plus we have some forum members who dabble in machines if you want private party.
If you want full warranty and all that stuff that comes with brand new...you can do that too but it usually comes at a price.
You have several options available.