Resumed clap with humidifier for sale

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpapjan

Re: Resumed clap with humidifier for sale

Post by cpapjan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Try cpapdeals.com to sell your machine.

It will cost you a $1.00 to post and 15% of the total sale price.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:48 pm

SewTired wrote:
palerider wrote:
SewTired wrote:Actually, it's not that unusual if she is under 35. For a lot of younger folks, once they lose the weight, within a year or so, the structures tighten up.
please cite some reference sources to back up your 'theory'.
I provided it in the past. Look it up yourself if you are interested.
not interested, just saying you're full of it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:56 pm

A persons weight can very often play a significant role in them having Sleep Apena.
That is not to say those who are the perfect weight can't also suffer from sleep Apena.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:17 pm

It's now believed that apnea can cause weight gain rather than the other way around, and many patients aren't overweight at all but have anatomic problems that cause apnea, such as naturally narrow airways, narrow jaws, etc.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:25 am

Julie wrote:It's now believed that apnea can cause weight gain rather than the other way around, and many patients aren't overweight at all but have anatomic problems that cause apnea, such as naturally narrow airways, narrow jaws, etc.
Exactly. My airways were narrow long before I gained weight. And since I was always tired from lack of sleep, I didn't exercise much and craved sugar/carbs. Most likely that the sleep apnea caused the weight gain and just became more obvious as I gained weight. Losing weight would be great, but would not solve my sleep apnea. It might reduce the severity a bit, but my airways will never get any larger. My allergies and asthma will never disappear. And sleep apnea tends to get worse with age anyway.

I do hope the OP had a followup sleep study. Lack of snoring does not mean lack of sleep apnea. My mom is severe and does NOT snore.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?