Clear airway events?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Clear airway events?

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Rob K wrote:I would like to see it stated in large bold letters at the top of the home page something that says to keep all your info in one thread when asking for help with treatment. That would save us all a lot of time if people read that before making their first post.
good luck getting people to read something like that.

I read a post today about some idiot in australia, gets up to the counter at a stand that has BIG signs all over touting the

FREE STEAK BURRITO

that they're giving away as a promotion.

idiot takes a bite, and yells "what are you trying to do? poison me? I'm a vegetarian! MAKE ME ANOTHER ONE WITHOUT MEAT.

"didn't you read the signs?"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Good example and good point.lol Would be nice to try something though instead of letting people fumble around on the forum until they figure it out with risk of being called a monkey.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Rob K wrote:Good example and good point.lol Would be nice to try something though instead of letting people fumble around on the forum until they figure it out with risk of being called a monkey.
not just ANY monkey....

besides, I don't believe anybody called anybody anything, simply a plea not to ACT LIKE....

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:33 pm

Rob K wrote:Would be nice to try something though instead of letting people fumble around on the forum
It's on my "to do" list. A cheat sheet to put all of the common things a newbie can do to make it easier for us to help them.
Then we just refer them to the cheat sheet. Not sure where I am going to put it yet but working on it.
Composing isn't my strong spot and I have to get in the mood to do it...so I am still trying to get in the mood.

Most newbies don't go making too many threads..most do seem to confine things to one thread at least initially and 2 months down the road we don't care so much.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:06 pm

i think it's important to realize that many newbies don't even know what questions to ask, let alone much else, so it would help to not call them names at least until they have even tiny clues.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:37 pm

Rob K wrote:Good example and good point.lol Would be nice to try something though instead of letting people fumble around on the forum until they figure it out with risk of being called a monkey.
Some people's answers make them sound like turkeys.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:56 am

Are you calling me an unintelligent turkey now?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:22 am

Rob K wrote:Are you calling me an unintelligent turkey now?
I've heard that would be redumbdant, "unintelligent turkey", not necessarily you in particular

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:30 am

I'm not sure what's going on, but I think LSAT called me unintelligent over on the artificial intelligence thread. At least that's what I think since he won't clarify his comments. Instead he is over here calling me a turkey now. I don't know why he posted those comments. My guess is that he misinterpreted my joke on the other thread. He would have had to of seen the show Shark Tank in order to understand it. Maybe he thought it was an insult of some sort. Maybe I'm misinterpreting his posts. Whatever it is, it's pointless to continue. If I offended anyone in anyway on either of these two treads, I apologize. This seems like a great place to share ideas and experiences, help those in need and have a good time.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:17 pm

Rob K wrote:I'm not sure what's going on, but I think LSAT called me unintelligent over on the artificial intelligence thread. At least that's what I think since he won't clarify his comments. Instead he is over here calling me a turkey now. I don't know why he posted those comments. My guess is that he misinterpreted my joke on the other thread. He would have had to of seen the show Shark Tank in order to understand it. Maybe he thought it was an insult of some sort. Maybe I'm misinterpreting his posts. Whatever it is, it's pointless to continue. If I offended anyone in anyway on either of these two treads, I apologize. This seems like a great place to share ideas and experiences, help those in need and have a good time.
I think you're taking everything far too personally.

are you one of those folks that desperately searches for reasons to be offended?

I don't believe he was "calling" you anything, either time, or even referring to you in this instance, (I can't be bothered to go back and refollow the AI bs thread.)

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Your probably right in saying it was a misinterpretation on my part.

I was offended and looking for clarification on his comments, but didn't get them. I'm not looking to be offended.lol Anyway we need to move on. I agree this is pointless.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Rob K wrote:I'm not sure what's going on, but I think LSAT called me unintelligent over on the artificial intelligence thread. At least that's what I think since he won't clarify his comments. Instead he is over here calling me a turkey now. I don't know why he posted those comments. My guess is that he misinterpreted my joke on the other thread. He would have had to of seen the show Shark Tank in order to understand it. Maybe he thought it was an insult of some sort. Maybe I'm misinterpreting his posts. Whatever it is, it's pointless to continue. If I offended anyone in anyway on either of these two treads, I apologize. This seems like a great place to share ideas and experiences, help those in need and have a good time.
It's not that I won't comment, I'm just not awake at 3AM to answer threads. I do understand that you were trying to use humor....it just didn't work. Lighten up a little.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Yeah, I'm hung up on this forum and it's vast amounts of info. I find myself reading well into the night and morning and lose track of time.lol

Sounds good LSAT. Take care.