Will we ever adjust?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SunnyBeBe

Re: Will we ever adjust?

Post by SunnyBeBe » Mon May 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Okay. Thanks.

I have the Air Sense 10 Autoset.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (contains humidifier)
Nuance Pro Gel Pillow and headgear

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 22, 2017 6:02 pm

SunnyBeBe wrote:Please let me confirm. Are you saying that My Air Sense 10 machine has a snore graph? Must I download it through a program like SleepyHead program?
The example I posted was from the SleepyHead software.
To see any graphs you have to use some sort of software...so either SleepyHead or ResScan. The tech you spoke to may not have any idea what SleepyHead is but will most likely be familiar with ResScan which is the software that ResMed puts out to use with their machines.
SleepyHead software was written by a cpap user who didn't like what the manufacturers like Respironics and ResMed offered in their softwares.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DeeCPAP

Post by DeeCPAP » Tue May 23, 2017 7:27 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Pugsy wrote: The person who was complaining about the Amara View blowing into their eyes....I just went and looked at where the vent holes are because I was having a hard time seeing how it was possible to blow in a person's eyes if it was properly fitted and not blocked or deflected by something.
So I looked closely at my Amara View. The vent holes face forward...nothing goes upwards back towards the eyes.
There are tiny holes in the plastic frame just above the swivel for venting and they go forward...and there is a little opening in the swivel for venting and it faces forward.
The only way this forward blowing air could make it to the eyes if it is getting deflected by maybe an arm or the bed covers or bed pillow.
Now if the cushion itself was leaking...yeah some air could make it maybe to the eyes but not the venting unless deflected by something.
My opinion: I have that when I use the Amara (rarely), but for me, they're small leaks that come from a small break in the seal at the top of the mask. If you put the mask on again, you may get a good seal, but it's problematic if it has to be done consistently. The other alternative is to change the size of the cushion
you're using.

Additional Comments: My headgear varies (STILL!)
Resmed S9 with humidifier and in need of the right mask.

SunnyBeBe

Post by SunnyBeBe » Thu May 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Pugsy wrote:
SunnyBeBe wrote:Please let me confirm. Are you saying that My Air Sense 10 machine has a snore graph? Must I download it through a program like SleepyHead program?
The example I posted was from the SleepyHead software.
To see any graphs you have to use some sort of software...so either SleepyHead or ResScan. The tech you spoke to may not have any idea what SleepyHead is but will most likely be familiar with ResScan which is the software that ResMed puts out to use with their machines.
SleepyHead software was written by a cpap user who didn't like what the manufacturers like Respironics and ResMed offered in their softwares.
Got it. Thanks.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (contains humidifier)
Nuance Pro Gel Pillow and headgear