Sleeping with CPAP and a Cat

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrbreezeet1

Re: Sleeping with CPAP and a Cat

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:54 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:About a week ago, our 2 year old Siamese went missing.
After reporting, posting, freaking out, whatever, about 40 hours from last contact, I heard faint mewing.
I followed the sound, and discovered her stranded on the underside of the concrete overpass nearby--
over 30' from the ground, unable to get down alone. Some kids had seen her, and called Animal control,
who refused to do a rescue. My son went onto the overpass, climbed over the railing, and handed her up to hubby.
Still baffled how she got there, claws do not go with concrete.
Did you keep her?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
I'm sorry, didn't read it right, she WAS your cat.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Pugsy wrote:I don't know about your cat but I have 3 that like to sleep with me and they won't/don't listen to any rules I make. Image It's the way it is with cats.
Fortunately mine don't seem to cause too many issues. It's rare they turn off the machine and they don't mess with the hose or anything like that.

Should your cat persist in turning your machine off or on at inappropriate times or blocking the air you might try putting something over the machine that doesn't enclose the machine but keeps the cat from touching it.
Something along the lines of this item.
https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-USA-Inc-250 ... astic+tote
Now I don't know if this exact one would be just the right size but it will give you and idea what could be used to cover the machine and not block the air.
Yeah, or like some kind of compartment you could slide the machine into.
Almost like a pigeon hole, or like a partially open drawer.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:06 pm

ClayL wrote:We (my wife and I) bought a couple of plastic baskets/containers from the Dollar Store. They are perforated and allow air in and out so the machines don't overheat, We snipped a slot for the hose. Working for us.
Here is my baby girl.
ImageImageImageImage

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:15 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:Yeah, or like some kind of compartment you could slide the machine into.
Almost like a pigeon hole, or like a partially open drawer.
Where there is a will there is a way.
Many people put their machines in a drawer on their night stand and cut a hole in the back and run the hose out the hole. Leave the drawer open during the night (air movement around the intake is important) and close it during the day.
There are also special nightstands built for cpaps that do the same thing.

My night table just has a top and lower shelf. Bottom shelf holds the gallon of distilled water.
It's not a very big table...tiny bedroom and king sized bed..no room for much of a nightstand on my side of the bed. Fortunately my kitties rarely cause any issues with cpap and the new machine's on/off button is much smaller and in a different position than my other machine so it would be even harder for them to step on it and turn it off.

I have 4 dogs...none play fetch...but one of my cats loves to play fetch...almost to the point of being really annoying. Her greatest treasure (and what we play fetch with)...the little ring off the gallon of distilled water when I open a new jug. She hides them everywhere...but especially likes to put them in the food bowls for some reason...I find them in the dry cat food...the wet cat food and the dog's dry food bowls. God help me if one of her treasures accidentally gets under the bed covers at night...there is no rest for anyone until we turn on the light and go finding her treasure and she is always right...there's one in there somewhere. Funnier than all get out.
Never a dull moment in my house.

I just saw your pictures of your Cleo...she's a long haired version of my Callie...who is a calico who looks just like yours...big loud colors. Let me see if I can find a picture of her. She's not extremely short haired but not as long as yours.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm

This is the one that plays fetch. She was a teeny tiny baby who just appeared one morning on my porch Nov 2015. She's a big girl now. No recent pics of Callie that I can find. Will try to get some this weekend.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Pugsy wrote:This is the one that plays fetch. She was a teeny tiny baby who just appeared one morning on my porch Nov 2015. She's a big girl now. No recent pics of Callie that I can find. Will try to get some this weekend.
Oh she's a cutie.
Cleopatra almost learned to fetch.
But sometimes was coming back "empty handed" and looking for me to throw it.
One of my males I list in the 80's used to fetch.
Learned it on his own. He liked the rings off gallon jugs too.
Cleopatra does go to her dish and sits when I ask, "Where Does kitty cat go when it wants to eat"?

2kittymom

Post by 2kittymom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:00 pm

When I had the ResMed 9 machine, my cat would frequently turn it off. I took a cap from a prescription bottle and some duct tape, and put it over the on button. I only taped it on the back of the cap to the machine, so I could easily lift the cap to turn it on and off. Now I have the ResMed 10, with the triangular shape. I may have to find a solution for that on/off button, as she has turned it off and on a few times. One day I came into the bedroom and the machine was running. Boy did I have a bad MY Air report for that one!

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:41 pm

I see on the Mobil app Tap a talk they put Cleo s picture with the start of the thread.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 pm

I thought Cleopatra was a good name for her.
This one guy was laughfing and said where did I come up with Cleopatra?
I thought it was a fitting name.
She acts like a queen.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:21 am

Here's an idea. Put the machine itself in a cage (bars wide enough to fit the hose through). Coat the hose with hot-sauce if the cat bothers the hose.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:19 am

Coat yourself with hot sauce! Cats are just being themselves and you don't know what effect hot sauce could have on them - even a trace of garlic may kill a cat and I imagine most hot sauces have garlic in them!

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:33 am

Julie wrote:Coat yourself with hot sauce! Cats are just being themselves and you don't know what effect hot sauce could have on them - even a trace of garlic may kill a cat and I imagine most hot sauces have garlic in them!
Ok, then clear it with a vet. He can recommend a hot sauce or some other thing to put on the hose that will keep the cats away without poisoning them.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 am

Julie wrote:Coat yourself with hot sauce! Cats are just being themselves and you don't know what effect hot sauce could have on them - even a trace of garlic may kill a cat and I imagine most hot sauces have garlic in them!
Cats are nice animals.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:23 am

mrbreezeet1 wrote:
Cats are nice animals.
that will eat you if you die.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:27 am

Wipe any citrus juice on the wires, surfaces, etc... cats don't like the smell.