Mask Headaches

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
1frankgsr

Mask Headaches

Post by 1frankgsr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:32 am

Hello, new here. Looks like a great info place.
Been on Bi Pap for many years. My best mask was my first. Needless to say,
it has been discontinued. Been jumping around looking for the best fitting.
Right now I'm using a Res Med Mirage FX Mask, fits great, not much leaking,
but with all good things, there are down sides.
3 months now, ive been getting headaches, very bad upon waking.
Wasn't until day before yesterday I decided to check my 02. Scared the hell out of me.
79. Thought it was the machine. I raise my Oxygen compressor to 5 lpm. Oxygen
coming from compressor coming out full blast. Checked the Bi Pap, barely hear it
thru the mask. I moved the hook up closer to the mask, not much diff. Changed all filters
and hoses. No luck. Wash and vinegared the humidifier.
Then It hit me to try an old trusted mask. Washed it up real good. This morning, hardly
no headache, 02 level up to 86, not good, but better.

HELP... I need a really good exhausting mask, my wife doesn't care about the breeze
or noise. HELP

OkyDoky

Re: Mask Headaches

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:54 am

Are you monitoring your therapy with software? There may be clues there to your headaches, since headaches are a symptom of untreated OSA. What is the model of your machine? If you don't know look for a REF# and tell us.

We can help you with a mask but it may be better to look at your therapy first. What has your AHI been running? And do you know what events make up your AHI (Obstructions, Hypopneas, Centrals)?
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

1frankgsr

Post by 1frankgsr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:05 am

I'm not all that familiar with monitoring, not a techy
But this is what I came up with :
Philips Respironics Bi Pap Auto Bi-Flex System One
Ref# 760P

1frankgsr

Post by 1frankgsr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:11 am

Oh, also. I have Sleep Apnea, Rem Sleep Behavior Disorder,
and Low Saturated Oxygen Levels (hypoxia) so I sleep with oxygen hooked into it.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:21 am

Your machine does have data that can be read from the SD card with free Sleepyhead Software. Lets start with your AHI that you can read from the machine LCD screen. What has it been running? What are your machine settings?

You really don't have to be too techy to get the software up and running. Then you would have a lot more info. And we will help you with it. It never hurts to try.

Do you have your clinical manual? It tells you how to get to the settings menu and a lot more info. You can get one by going here, scroll down to section 3 and follow their instructions to have them email you one. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual

Also if you register and fill in your equipment profile it will show up in every post so people will know when they reply. Here is a link to show you how to do that. wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile

I know it can be overwhelming, but we will help you through problems, and you will have a much better knowledge and control of your therapy.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:24 am

This make me think that is my problem in the day time. If I fall asleep in the chair for more then 15-20 mins I wake up with a slight headache. Makes me wonder if I'm not getting the O2 during these naps

frankgsr

Post by frankgsr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:23 am

I tried to get the SleepMapper app, kept kicking me elsewhere.

But I got some info from the machine :
Therapy : 13.0 e
23.0 I

Bi Flex 3

Set up: Humidification on
Ramp 0
Tubing 22
Auto on on
Auto off off
Mask Alert off
Humid Backlight off
Lang Eng

SD Card Unlocked
Vic 90 93% free
964.4502 1113 5410
Compliance :
Start Day 5-16-14
Days 4
Check Code A-3

The Bi Pap Tech is coming by in the next few days,
I'll ask them to set me up with Sleepmapper

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:32 am

I don't see the AHI there. If you turn the knob to info and scroll down to AHI and push on the knob it should give you an AHI number. Let's start there.

SleepMapper gives you the same info that is on your machine so it isn't as helpful as reading the SD card with SleepyHead which you download to your computer.

frankgsr

Post by frankgsr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:39 am

Under info, I doubled checked, the AHI is not listed. All the other items were.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am

You have to go into the clinical setup menu and turn a feature on to be able to see the AHI.

The feature is "Show AHI"..the default is off and you have to change it to on and then you will be able to see the AHI on the LCD screen.

This link will show you and explain how to get into the clinical setup menu to make that little change.

http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one ... structions

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:48 am

Ok there is a setting in the clinical setup menu that needs to be turned on. Where it says Show AHi/Leak/PB if it is turned off turn it on. Don't change any of the other settings at this time. Here is a link showing you how it get into the clinical menu settings. http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one ... structions

frankgsr

Post by frankgsr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:14 am

OK, got there. Now I don't know if this reset or not but:

1 Day 0.0
7 Day 1.1
30 Day 1.2

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:16 am

Those numbers look good. Did it show a leak rate? Is your machine on fixed or auto? From your settings 13.0 epao 23.0 Ipap , it looks fixed.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:22 am

The 1 day is reset every day.

The 7 day is a 7 day average.
The 30 day is a 30 day overall average.
Once the 7 day and 30 day periods of use have happened these numbers could also change every day because each time the past 7/30 day numbers are used for the averaging. You won't see rapid change in these numbers because of the law of numbers. The overall average won't change much from one night with bad numbers...gotta have several nights with bad numbers to affect the average very much.
So the averages will also reset but you won't see much change.

An AHI of 1.2 overall average...very good. That's a per hour average of the night. You might have a little cluster of events all within a 30 minute time frame and nothing any other time...but the average is what gets reported.
You would need to use the available software to see when the events happened.
DreamMapper will NOT show you when the events happened. DreamMapper pretty much just shows you what you can see on the LCD screen.

There is free and easy to use software available for your machine if you want to see the details.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment
I don't know if it will shed any light onto what might be causing your headaches though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:26 am

frankgsr wrote:I'll ask them to set me up with Sleepmapper
sleepmapper is a joke.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.