New Machine Next Month

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pratzert

Re: New Machine Next Month

Post by pratzert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:43 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
pratzert wrote:I have a really great Sleep Doc and I don't' think he would have any problem stating
A "really good" sleep doctor does not commit fraud.
No Fraud involved. My Data card system has been very goofy and they have tried to get repairs performed with little success.

My machine has, on occasion, gone "dead" and after unplugging and re-plugging it in numerous times, it will start working again.

The Doc's office cannot explain it, and in my last visit, (5 weeks ago), they said "It's time for a new machine and that's what we recommend".

Why do you seem to think the worst of people and make false accusations?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:59 am

If you are using a brick and mortar DME locally it is unlikely that they will have a new S9 AutoSet to give you. The AirSense 10 Autoset has been out in the market for I think 2 to 3 years now.
You may not have a choice in the model...S9 vs AirSense. They probably long ago used up any shelf inventory of the S9 machines and have been dispensing the AirSense for quite some time.

Now if your insurance wasn't involved...yeah....the S9's are out there and cheaper but your insurance is going to pay the same no matter if it is a S9 or AirSense and DMEs don't usually give a discount even if they did supply the older model.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
pratzert wrote:I have a really great Sleep Doc and I don't' think he would have any problem stating
Two of my doctors left the area several years ago because the hospital was making them order any and all test they could just so they could bill for them. Make you wonder about the rest of the doctors that stayed and the new ones that have come in. This is why I don't use that hospital any more then I have to

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:11 am

Pugsy wrote:If you are using a brick and mortar DME locally it is unlikely that they will have a new S9 AutoSet to give you. The AirSense 10 Autoset has been out in the market for I think 2 to 3 years now.
You may not have a choice in the model...S9 vs AirSense. They probably long ago used up any shelf inventory of the S9 machines and have been dispensing the AirSense for quite some time.

Now if your insurance wasn't involved...yeah....the S9's are out there and cheaper but your insurance is going to pay the same no matter if it is a S9 or AirSense and DMEs don't usually give a discount even if they did supply the older model.
Hi Pugsy.

Yes, you make a good point. It does make sense that a DME would probably not have any S9's hanging around. If I absolutely HAD to have one, I'd get a decent used one or I know our Host still shows them on their site.

But It will most like end up being the Airsense 10 Autoset.

Thanks again for the input.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:17 am

bmanley wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Two of my doctors left the area several years ago because the hospital was making them order any and all test they could just so they could bill for them. Make you wonder about the rest of the doctors that stayed and the new ones that have come in. This is why I don't use that hospital any more then I have to
Hi bmanley.

I know what you mean with ordering all sorts of tests. Many Doc's and Hospitals made it SOP to order as many tests as they could as a CYA thing, and some did it to jack up the bill.

Insurance companies cracked down on it to a degree, and the Doc's and hospitals had to, kind of, justify many of the tests.

I too, avoid hospitals as much as possible.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:39 am

FWIW...I just recently got my grubby little paws on a ResMed bilevel machine in the AirCurve line which is their bilevel model line and the AirSense is the single pressure model line.
Nice machine and I have a S9 to compare it to. I can't find any negatives to it that the S9 beats.
I am fairly confident that you will like the AirSense 10 AutoSet just as much if not more than you liked the S9.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:52 am

Thank You Pugsy !

I appreciate all the help.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:20 am

bmanley wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Why use them at all if they are involved in such fraud? People that will cheat like this might cheat on your treatment.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:23 am

pratzert wrote:I know what you mean with ordering all sorts of tests. Many Doc's and Hospitals made it SOP to order as many tests as they could as a CYA thing, and some did it to jack up the bill.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:25 am

Pugsy wrote: I can't find any negatives to it that the S9 beats.
one thing I like better about the s9 is that the humidifier reservoir can't leak, since the bottom is a solid piece of metal... no metal to plastic seam on the bottom to come loose, though who can tell for sure if the reports of air10 humidifier chamber leaks were from that, or from overfilling.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:32 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
pratzert wrote:I know what you mean with ordering all sorts of tests. Many Doc's and Hospitals made it SOP to order as many tests as they could as a CYA thing, and some did it to jack up the bill.
Nothing false stated. I worked in the medical field for many years, as does my wife currently, and we both have been witness to all those inappropriate things.

If it's a fact, it isn't a false accusation.

So I once again ask why are you making innuendoes and accusations?

Your purpose on this board seems to create arguments and accuse members of the forum of being liars.

You have already accused me of making assumptions, so I make the assumption that you are a forum board troll.

I have reviewed many of your old posts and you have exhibited a pattern of being quarrelsome, argumentative, contrary and of no real help on the forum.

Please go back into your cave and leave us alone.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:34 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
bmanley wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Why use them at all if they are involved in such fraud? People that will cheat like this might cheat on your treatment.
I only still use one doctor under that hospital and he is very good. And he sends me to another system for anything he doesn't do. This hospital has a habit of hiring doctors that have trouble getting malpractice insurance because they cover it. The CEO quietly left a while back I believe to get out of this before it blows up on them. They have a ton of law suits right now but are keeping them out of the news

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:35 am

palerider wrote:
Pugsy wrote: I can't find any negatives to it that the S9 beats.
one thing I like better about the s9 is that the humidifier reservoir can't leak, since the bottom is a solid piece of metal... no metal to plastic seam on the bottom to come loose, though who can tell for sure if the reports of air10 humidifier chamber leaks were from that, or from overfilling.
Thanks palerider.

I have seen some posts about the air10 humidifier chamber leaking, and that is a concern.

I have not had too many complaints with the S9, but it is starting to show it's age with a few problems.

Regards.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:44 am

palerider wrote: one thing I like better about the s9 is that the humidifier reservoir can't leak, since the bottom is a solid piece of metal... no metal to plastic seam on the bottom to come loose, though who can tell for sure if the reports of air10 humidifier chamber leaks were from that, or from overfilling.
I just now went and played with the water chamber to see if I could make it leak. I can't unless I pretty much turn it upside down. It's pretty much a dry box that works really well. It's really hard to get the water into the air input and output holes which are above the hinge line.
The only way they could over fill it would be to add the water through the holes that are the input and output holes for the air.
It can't be overfilled enough to blow out the holes if a person uses the hinge and opens the lid with the little latch.

If A10 users are having leaks in the water chamber it has to be from that seam unless they are using the input or output air holes to add water and way over fill it....which I suppose some people might do but those are awfully small holes to try to pour water into without spilling it everywhere. Plus the water chamber would have to be stood on its side to do that and I don't think it would just stand there without being held upright...but if someone uses something with a spout..it could be done fairly easily.

When using the hinge open to add water the level of water is well below the input/output air holes and it can't be as easily blown into those holes by the pressure...the S9 output hole is much closer to the water line and that's why it will so easily blow water into the hose if we over fill it.
It's going to be much harder to do that with the A10 chamber...not impossible but much more unlikely to happen.

So...any leaks would have to be either that seam or someone using a spout and filling the chamber using the input/output holes and way over filling it to the point the air blows the water out.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:47 am

Thanks for doing that test Pugsy.

I had experienced that blow out of water with my S9 too.

I quickly realized that I should not fill the chamber with water to the top fill line.

I kept the fill level to the next line down and didn't have any further problems.

Regards.