OT-Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.......

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

OT-Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.......

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Saw this story and thought of Chicago Granny (and Gramps) and any others in the Chicago area.....whether or not they may ride the CTA.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/02/2 ... train.html

Sleep well. We'll be thinking of ya.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Stormynights

Re: OT-Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.......

Post by Stormynights » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:00 pm

They had bed bug meetings in the building where my shop was located while I was still working. They said that it was not a question of If you was going to get bed bugs but when. I got prepared with Diatomaceous Earth and other home remedies. I had already questioned older ladies about how they got rid of bed bugs years ago. I heard about so many people having to get rid of furniture and nearly everything they owned. I had this idea that you could put everything in a tent with an electric heater in the summer time of course. I know I would hate to get rid of all my things and start over.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:07 pm

I thought all the Gangs killed them off, stray shots. BTW: Is anyone else getting virus threats when they open a quote-reply on the forum, Avast keeps blocking the virus. I keep running scans, nothing get thru. May be nothing, but... Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:12 pm

I haven't had that one come up.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:52 pm

UPDATE Updated Avast Free to latest version, newest dif... turned computer off and restarted twice, rescanned clean still. Running Avast Safe Zone browser (Chrome)! went to cpaptalk.com went to reply, warning came back. Reran scan, ok! Used my second browser Firefox, it did NOT generate a Warning. Sounds like a false+ ... Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:29 am

Goofproof wrote:UPDATE Updated Avast Free to latest version, newest dif... turned computer off and restarted twice, rescanned clean still. Running Avast Safe Zone browser (Chrome)! went to cpaptalk.com went to reply, warning came back. Reran scan, ok! Used my second browser Firefox, it did NOT generate a Warning. Sounds like a false+ ... Jim
Sounds like a "bug" to me.

I've always used Firefox and Thunderbird on my home computers.....and have never used an anti-virus software....and have never been infected.......(knock on wood).

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Goofproof wrote:UPDATE Updated Avast Free to latest version, newest dif... turned computer off and restarted twice, rescanned clean still. Running Avast Safe Zone browser (Chrome)! went to cpaptalk.com went to reply, warning came back. Reran scan, ok! Used my second browser Firefox, it did NOT generate a Warning. Sounds like a false+ ... Jim
Sounds like a "bug" to me.

I've always used Firefox and Thunderbird on my home computers.....and have never used an anti-virus software....and have never been infected.......(knock on wood).

Den

Used Avast Safe Zone Browser now, no warning came up, this time. Avast bought out a company I don't like, I figgered the product would suffer, I wasnt aware they had tied their browser to chrome's engine. I tried crome and removed it. I liked Firefox, but one of their upgrades no longer supported a add-on I used, Avast SafeZone has the same thing built in and a neat interface to boot.

I'm a BAD boy, I must run Anti-Virus, really I should be running a VPN, but I don't want tp pay another bill. I have a free one I can use on Android. Cpaptalk was the only site that triggered it, no matter Avast smacked it 6 years Avast never let one thru. Four other products did. I will continue to monitor. and update if needed, but for now the problem seems gone. Jim

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Jim, I use Avast on Windows 10 with Chrome and haven't had a problem. Did you change something recently?
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Speaking of Bugs, the Bed Kind, I've never had them, but I own a rental house behind mine on the same lot. My renter brought them in over there, I never interacted with him, so I didn't check the house, He had lived there before I moved into the front house. a few years ago he moved out. I had the electric meter pulled, drained the water and antifreezed it. As it turns the spiders were living large, eating the bedbugs, a feast so to speak. the house had set for years empty, Indiana winters, no heat. Lack of food, Spiders and No Water killed them all off for me.

All that was required was a very good cleaning and painting. Ways to kill bed bugs: Cold, prolonged temps of zero degrees, kills the larva, eggs, and adults.
Also high temp does the same, but they can hide in cooler parts of the home and reinfect. Then there is the insectide option, they are tough to get rid of household sprays won't do it. Tenting the house by professionals works best. Lucky for me Indiana winters did it for me.

P.S., the renter smoked like a bad stovepipe, cleaning up that damage was bad, but I left the windows open year around for two, vented a lot of that out, but if you are a non-smoker it never goes away! Jim

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:32 pm

We had renters who were FILTHY. Cockroaches like a horror movie,
food on walls and ceiling and broken windows.
They ripped out the smoke detector, probably because it kept going off
when they were either smoking or cooking crack.
They were too scary to evict, so we shut off the central air.
Told them it was broke and we couldn't afford to fix it. They left.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Wulfman... wrote:Saw this story and thought of Chicago Granny (and Gramps) and any others in the Chicago area.....whether or not they may ride the CTA.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/02/2 ... train.html

Sleep well. We'll be thinking of ya.

Den

Den, We'll be praying for YOU.

Bed Bug Registry

Quality Inn, Rawlins
Motel 6, Casper
Super 8 Cheyenne, Cheyenne
Holiday Lodge Motel, Sheridan
Quality Inn, Gillette
Econo Lodge Rock Springs, Rock Springs
Hampton Inn Cheyenne Wy, Cheyenne
Motel 6, Cheyenne
Oak Tree Inn Cheyenne, Cheyenne
Best Western The Lodge At Jackson Hole, Jackson
Motel 8, Laramie
Motel 6, Laramie
Best Western Ramkota Hotel, Casper
Big Bear Motel, Cody
Little America Service, Cheyenne
The Lodge At Pinedale, Pinedale
Holiday Inn Sheridan Convention Center, Sheridan
Howard Johnson Inn Laramie, Laramie
Gas Lite Motel, Laramie
La Quinta Inn Cheyenne, Cheyenne
Ramada Center Hotel, Laramie
Best Western Pioneer, Lusk
Wagon Wheel Motel, Fort Bridger
Bw Cottontree Inn, Rawlins
Super 8, Sheridan
Holiday Inn Sheridan-Convention Center, Sheridan
Comfort Inn, Sheridan
Rodeway Inn, Cheyenne
Americ Inn, Laramie
Days Inn, Cheyenne
Express Inn, Cheyenne
Trail's End Motel & Restaurant, Sheridan
Motel 6, Rock Springs
Super 8, Rock Springs
Super 8 Motel, Green River
Days Inn-Rock Springs, Rock Springs
Super 8, Rawlins
Anvil Motel, Jackson
Americas Best Value Inn Torrington, Torrington
National 9 Inn, Gillette
Painted Buffalo Inn, Jackson
Lake Lodge, Mammoth Hot Springs
Best Western-Douglas, Douglas
Days Inn, Gillette
Super 8-Gillette, Gillette
Days Inn Thermopolis, Thermopolis
All American Inn Glenrrock, Glenrock
Econo Lodge Rawlins, Rawlins
Americas Best Value Inn, Rock Springs
Beartooth Inn, Cody
Super 8 Thermopolis, Thermopolis
Hampton Inn, Evanston
Super 8, Douglas
Days Inn Riverton, Riverton
Best Western Of Laramie, Laramie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Torrington, Torrington
Ramada-Plaza Riverside Casper, Casper
Wyoming Motel, Cheyenne
Sundowner Inn, Newcastle
Hampton Inn, Riverton
Cheyenne KOA, Cheyenne
1st Choice Inn Rawlins, Rawlins
Oak Tree Inn, Rawlins
Bear Lodge Resort, Dayton
Americas Best Value Inn, Rawlins
Super 8 Rawlins, Rawlins
Super 8 Powell, Powell
Topper Motel, Casper
Gators Travelyn Motel, Pine Bluffs
Antlers Motel, Kemmerer
Roosevelt Lodge, Yellowstn Ntl Pk
Fleetwood Motel, Cheyenne
Lariat Motel, Cheyenne
La Quinta Inn Casper, Casper

Apartments
3617 W Opal St, evansville
4703 King Arthur Way, cheyenne

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:50 pm

OkyDoky wrote:Jim, I use Avast on Windows 10 with Chrome and haven't had a problem. Did you change something recently?
No, not until after the problem, then I updated Avast & their Safezone browser, it was a big upgrade, but the problem was still there. Nothing happen to the computer Avast just said it stopped a intrusion, like it's supposed to them prompt a computer scan. It showed clean. Anyway when using Firefox never got a warning.

Only happened on this site, and when Replying ot Quoting posts, went to bed at 1 a.m., still doing it. Got up at noon, no more warnings. Fixed Yea! Healed it's self! Jim

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Interesting, CG. Didn't even know those types of lists existed.
But, I haven't stayed in a motel or hotel since about 1984.
And, I have a brother-in-law who has an "exterminator" business out in Idaho.
Thanks, anyway.

Den

User since 05/14/05

sc0ttt

Post by sc0ttt » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:55 pm

We had a bedbug problem a few years ago - I think I brought them home from the hospital - or maybe my sleep study.

Good news is they don't carry any diseases. They're just gross, and very hard to get rid of.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Wulfman... wrote:Interesting, CG. Didn't even know those types of lists existed.
But, I haven't stayed in a motel or hotel since about 1984.
And, I have a brother-in-law who has an "exterminator" business out in Idaho.
Thanks, anyway.

Den

Just looking made my skin crawl. I had to look up the site online and check out the ones we stay at when we are on the road working. Looks like I'm in the clear. I also wondered if once you are on the list how do you get it removed or is it a life sentence?
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760