DME won't give me my supplies they owe me

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LadyKiki

DME won't give me my supplies they owe me

Post by LadyKiki » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:23 am

I have moved to a new DME due to a PCS. I use tricare, I went to a new DME and they gave me wrong sized cushions, so when I went to replace them they didn't have my size... only a full mask my size, and they said they would call me to replace the other 2 cushions. Telling me they will call me before my 30 days are up with the cushion I have.

I've been waiting for 2 months now to have my cushions replaced. since jan 17th I managed to get the new mask, I called 2 weeks ago on feb 17 and they said they have those cushions on 'backorder' and they have no clue when they will get them. Same thing they said last time. I am down to my last cushion that has been in use for about more than a month, I don't have spares.

What should I do? They owe me 2 which they charged my tricare for but have not replaced. Should I call them and tell them I'll report them for fraud?

zoocrewphoto

Re: DME won't give me my supplies they owe me

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:54 am

I would call your insurance company first and see if they will do anything. Also ask about other DMEs. It sounds like you need to switch. Maybe you can to a new DME now and let the insurance fight with the old DME. I would also let the old DME know that you will file a complaint and you will not place any new orders if they don't fix this immediately.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:23 am

Are they so expensive that they can't (one time) be replaced out of pocket by e.g. an online seller like Cpap.com?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:55 am

LadyKiki wrote:I have moved to a new DME due to a PCS. I use tricare, I went to a new DME and they gave me wrong sized cushions, so when I went to replace them they didn't have my size... only a full mask my size, and they said they would call me to replace the other 2 cushions. Telling me they will call me before my 30 days are up with the cushion I have.

I've been waiting for 2 months now to have my cushions replaced. since jan 17th I managed to get the new mask, I called 2 weeks ago on feb 17 and they said they have those cushions on 'backorder' and they have no clue when they will get them. Same thing they said last time. I am down to my last cushion that has been in use for about more than a month, I don't have spares.

What should I do? They owe me 2 which they charged my tricare for but have not replaced. Should I call them and tell them I'll report them for fraud?
I don't know what mask you have , but I think most people get lots more than a month out of their cushions.

The Latinist

Post by The Latinist » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:28 am

LSAT wrote:I don't know what mask you have , but I think most people get lots more than a month out of their cushions.
Indeed, I stretch mine to six months or more without issues. I clean them fairly regularly, boil them occasionally, and only replace them when I'm having issues with leaks. My head gear wears out faster than my pillows.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:34 am

Everyone is different with replacement interval. Not everyone can use really old silicone--no shame if you cannot.
On my pillows, fit deteriorates quickly, due to my skin chemistry.
Three weeks gives me optimal fit before my leak line totally goes to hell.
The extremely long periods possible for some may be due to unusual skin chemistry, (or motivation).

LadyKiki

Post by LadyKiki » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:21 am

pretty much what frog said lol mines start to smell and become slippery and leaky. Even though I wash them frequently, it just becomes unbearable :/ even the silicone begins to fade in color.

edit: btw i spoke to them and they were very polite and told me they will get with the marketer to see when their backorder will be up.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:01 am

Kiki, do contact your insurance.
This behavior sounds like something Tricare might consider failure to provide service--or worse!
This is a rotten way to thank you for your service. It might even be criminal.

LadyKiki

Post by LadyKiki » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:39 pm

I'll wait a little longer, but if it comes soon to my 'resupply' date I might as well report it and ask my PCM to refer me to a different DME. I mean, they offered to reimburse me but I don't want a reimbursement, I want my supplies. They offered to give me a different mask, which is outrageous x.x I have made it clear about 100 times to them that the one I'm using is perfect for me and I love it, i've been using it for more than a year no problems. Why would I submit myself to experimenting? I find that a bit irresponsible and unreasonable... Just because you don't have an item in stock doesn't mean you can toss a different item to your patient, or a completely different size like their derp tech did to me :/ which screwed up my sleep for about 2 weeks. I'm very responsible with my cpap stuff. It's irritating honestly, the DME people are courteous and nice, I won't take that from them but I find the service poor. I even asked the tech to put in for a new humidifier chamber and... he never did it. X_X I am trying to give them a chance.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:48 pm

How sweet of you to give them a chance, but I am unsure if they deserve such consideration.

LadyKiki

Post by LadyKiki » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:52 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:How sweet of you to give them a chance, but I am unsure if they deserve such consideration.
I think you are right, regardless if they are polite it is their responsibility to keep me supplied. I am literally down to 1 mask which I am using and is going to become loose and unstable in 2 weeks. My other DME never treated me in such fashion and even shipped my supplies when I couldn't pick them up.

I got a PM just now about an online service for military. I am going to give them a call tmo to see if maybe they can enroll me with them and ship me supplies. I guess I am trying to give them a chance bc I have been having a hard time trying to find someone else to resupply with, but I will try to find someone :/ or complain to my PCM who always tries to accommodate me.

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Dare I ask Kiki, Lincare??

"I hate the word 'Handicapped' and 'Disabled'. They imply that you are less than whole don't see myself that way at all". ~Aimee Mullins

moreorless

Post by moreorless » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:47 pm

i am new to the dme thing but I do notice that should keep a track if you think your going to need to order something.
It takes them about 3 weeks for me to order something and deliver to me. hope it works out for u

Additional Comments: dreamstation dreammapper i think i dunno. software. whats on the menu in dreamstation i dunno about the software hmm

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Tue May 09, 2017 12:40 pm

I got a PM just now about an online service for military. I am going to give them a call tmo to see if maybe they can enroll me with them and ship me supplies.
Could you please explain more about "an online service for military"?

Thank-you in advance!
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

Post by Guest » Tue May 09, 2017 3:31 pm

JLROhio wrote:
I got a PM just now about an online service for military. I am going to give them a call tmo to see if maybe they can enroll me with them and ship me supplies.
Could you please explain more about "an online service for military"?

Thank-you in advance!
You should be able to use anyone who takes your insurance (Tricare).

I know Verus Healthcare does and they do mail order, you can order online or over the phone. Verus also takes Medicare.

If you are paying out-of-pocket (have no insurance) cpap dot com is an excellent online choice but they don't take insurance.