Still snoring with CPAP on, newbie here

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Still snoring with CPAP on, newbie here

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Carlover wrote:please let me know if I have failed once again to get this right for you.
you failed to fail... in other words, you did great this time!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 pm

DavidCarolina wrote:To be blunt, I NEVER believe anyone should be on CPAP.

The airway can collapse at precisely the end of inhale, which is when most apnea occurs anyway from what i read.
to be blunt, you're completely wrong.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Carlover

Post by Carlover » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:08 pm

palerider wrote:
Carlover wrote:please let me know if I have failed once again to get this right for you.
you failed to fail... in other words, you did great this time!
Lol!!! It was not without much sweat, tears and several words I will not say on here thanks guys/gals. Wife and I are both slowly picking at the files on here to get familiar with this new lifestyle. You guys are already a valuable asset to my theropy and marriage ha ha ha. Keep up the great work you all do

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Carlover wrote:
Julie wrote:What are your pressure settings - it's important. And DH gives his vinegar recipe to everyone... feel free to ignore it (it could deteriorate the silicon). Your welts may be due to either overtightening of the mask (it's supposed to hover on your face not be squished) or an allergy... but look up Padacheek.com as a member here has designed 'liners' and pads to avoid such problems. And vinegar won't fix allergies.+
I can't find them? I looked. OK I'll try to let it hover, but find pillow pushes it off of not more tight wife wakes me and says it's blowing away lol. Thx for the info, I'll look into those! Wish this was much easier than it has been.
Sorry, the vinegar recipe does work; at least for me. I discovered it by accident, but it really does cut down on the allergic properties of the Comfort Gel Mask (and probably other masks too). I guess it could shorten the life of the face piece, but at least I can use it without getting mask sores or welts!

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:33 pm

The way not to get screwed is to keep asking questions on the forum. There are a lot of people here that have been through it all already.

My experience starting out with apnea has been horrible in all regards which has continued for nearly three years. Some people here struggled for much longer. The only good thing for me was that I ended up with a full data machine which now, with the help of the great people here, I can figure out the proper treatment and hopefully get my life back. I discovered the forum a couple weeks ago.

The people here have given me much hope. Things will get better, hang in there.