Reasonably Priced APAP machine. Maryland

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpapnewbie2

Reasonably Priced APAP machine. Maryland

Post by cpapnewbie2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi, I have been reading over your forum and figured it's time to actually join in. I am looking for an APAP machine and I don't have a machine. I know, I know...I am aware of all of the fuss about not having a script. I am in between gigs and have no insurance. Anyone selling or if you could point me to a reputable company, that would be sincerely appreciated. How about secondwindcpap, are they reputable and do I need a script?
Thanks,
Love & Light

OkyDoky

Re: Reasonably Priced APAP machine. Maryland

Post by OkyDoky » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:56 pm

cpapnewbie2 wrote:Hi, I have been reading over your forum and figured it's time to actually join in. I am looking for an APAP machine and I don't have a machine. I know, I know...I am aware of all of the fuss about not having a script. I am in between gigs and have no insurance. Anyone selling or if you could point me to a reputable company, that would be sincerely appreciated. How about secondwindcpap, are they reputable and do I need a script?
Thanks,
Love & Light
Scripts are required at most online companies. Secondwindcpap is a reputable company but I understand they also require a script. You can find used machines on Craiglist but need to know about the different models. If you find one you can come back here and ask about the unit. Also Amazon has been selling new units without scripts so you might look there.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:56 pm

cpapnewbie2 wrote:I am aware of all of the fuss about not having a script.... How about secondwindcpap, are they reputable and do I need a script?
what fuss?

secondwind says you need a script.

pm forum member grayghost4, he usually has something he's gotten his paws on, and tends to make great deals. he's also immensely trustworthy.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cpapnewbie2

Post by cpapnewbie2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Thanks for the replies so far. I know some medical professionals will frown at buying one without a script. I have found a few that seem decent. I am looking at a RESMED 9 autoset for $360. Does this sound like a decent price?

cpapnewbie2

Post by cpapnewbie2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:33 pm

I am so excited, you all are an awesome group of folks! I have contacted ghost4. I would much rather go with someone reputable and trustworthy. Craigslist scares me! Are there any really good tips you might have for a newbie?

bonjour

Post by bonjour » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:36 pm

I have to ask, or did I just miss it,

Why do you want a CPAP? Sleep Study, or a DR say you needed one?

Down the road you will want to download Sleepyhead software so you can see what is actually going on.

tedtomato

Post by tedtomato » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Check with Second Wind, as the owner is a sleep therapist, and therefore may be able to help, if you don't have a script...

cpapnewbie2

Post by cpapnewbie2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:45 pm

bonjour wrote:I have to ask, or did I just miss it,

Why do you want a CPAP? Sleep Study, or a DR say you needed one?

Down the road you will want to download Sleepyhead software so you can see what is actually going on.
No, you didn't miss it. I had a sleep study years ago and was in total denial about needing a machine. Blame it on me being young and just thinking there was NO way I could sleep with that...that's what my dad had, it wasn't going to happen. Fast forward to now and my wife is super concerned, she watches me sleep because I stop breathing and she feels she has to constantly tell me to roll over. I tend to be a back sleeper. It's time, and of course I would have to repeat the study again. So, I am getting one (machine) to last me in the interim, as I know these things take months. I have every intent on getting the software so I can see the collected data! You all have already been such a HUGE help, can't thank you all enough!!

I hope that helps you to understand, and thanks for asking!

DavidCarolina

Post by DavidCarolina » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:53 am

POST up on craigs list for "wanted"

or "health and beauty"

or BARTER

Theres gotta be something you can trade.

cpapnewbie2

Post by cpapnewbie2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi guys, not having much luck with my search. If anyone know where I can get a resmed autoset 9 reasonable priced please feel free to point me in their direction! Thanks a heap!!
Love & Light

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:50 pm

cpapnewbie2 wrote:Hi guys, not having much luck with my search. If anyone know where I can get a resmed autoset 9 reasonable priced please feel free to point me in their direction! Thanks a heap!!
Love & Light
what do you consider "reasonable priced" ?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cpapnewbie2

Post by cpapnewbie2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:04 pm

I apologize, that should have read "reasonably" priced. Tired fingers here (lol). I have seen a few online for $300-$360 range, so I was hoping to stay in that area. Any help is super appreciated!

funinsun5

Post by funinsun5 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 pm

I may have one for you, what is the model you are looking for? Is it the s9?

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:12 am

Where do you live? That might open additional opportunities. Ignore this, I fell asleep before getting to the end of your subject line.