Please help with advice on hyperventilating /short of breath

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DavidCarolina

Re: Please help with advice on hyperventilating /short of breath

Post by DavidCarolina » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:00 am

1. a septoplasty might help, resection the turbinates, or septum

2. the pressure might be too much, you may have to accept a lower pressure

3. you might have asthma

4. you might be backsleeping

5. medication might help such as effexxor or seroquel

sammy1954

Post by sammy1954 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:49 am

I thank you for your replies am in alberta....and only the government can give a bi pap ....you are all very kind and i have been trying to get appoinmnet with the sleep doctor at a hospital here as soon as I can .I agree i may have to do with a bit of a lower pressure so I will try just 15 and not go up.I like the varied pressure and whoever said somethign about leaks ....wow so true .I wont giv eup you are all very helpful.
thank you

Awesome forum! I am using a dreamstation with 14-18 pressure.

sammy1954

Post by sammy1954 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:22 pm

I am rentng a bi pap flex for 50 a week ,,,dr reluctantly agreed .

in fact she yelled at me saying i dint have OHS which I clealry have and copd ot boot .
I like the flex except they set it too high

Can I change it? and how?

i have to buy the thing if it works ,,,buti cannot take the higher pressure

this dr is a bag ,she is going on 2 yr old info says i dont need a bi pap .

ridiculous ,i hyperventilate upon awakening all the time.

how do i change the setting on the bi pap to be a bit lower ? I mean it couldnt hurt and I keep running out of water --desrt mouth ugh

should i download the bi pap manual and change it myself?

she is unreachable.
thanks

sammy1954

Post by sammy1954 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Julie I do disagree with you ...this is the worst hcare system i have ever encountered ,so far behind it is pathetic and wait times longer than the missispi river.Cmon really??

I would buy my own h care if I could .you have no idea but i could give you examples but they might scare you

and i am in a metropolitan area .just my opinion

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon May 15, 2017 10:02 am

sammy1954 wrote:Julie I do disagree with you ...this is the worst hcare system i have ever encountered ,so far behind it is pathetic and wait times longer than the missispi river.Cmon really??

I would buy my own h care if I could .you have no idea but i could give you examples but they might scare you

and i am in a metropolitan area .just my opinion
I live in Alberta too, but I guess I have a better frame of mind than you do. We have great medical care where I live and I have never had a problem getting anything I have needed ( medications, surgeries, tests, etc). If you hate this province so much, I'll give you some sage advice... Move to Ontario, you will find out how good Alberta is.
I have lived in 5 of the 10 provinces and have found that each has its own "good points and bad points" . Obviously you need to find another sleep doctor, one that knows what he/she is doing, in this province if we don't like the service we are getting we can change it and go to someone else. But if you are the type that demands and bashes the service they get, you will never be satisfied.
Tell the folks here which machine you have and exactly what you are experiencing, you WILL get help as most members have had many years of experience with sleep apnea.
Good luck
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.