SleepyHead: what files to import?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
EdNerd

SleepyHead: what files to import?

Post by EdNerd » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:28 pm

I copied my SD card to my computer. There's three separate dated folders - I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say each folder is data for a different day. :8-)

When I tried to import data through SleepyHead, the file list in the dialog box showed me several different files. I've got CSL, EVE, BRP, PLD, and SAD files, each in both .crc and .edf file formats. And these were all created repeatedly: 10:20, 10:21, 10:25, 10:26, 3:12, 4:12 (for 2/13 - the 14th is similar, but not as many files, and the 15th folder is empty, probably until after tonight).

So how do I import data saved to my computer? Which file(s) do I use?

Ed

Very helpful stuff:
"Taming the Mirage Quattro" http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8

Pugsy

Re: SleepyHead: what files to import?

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:38 am

Don't try to pick and choose any files.
Just point SH to the main folder where you have copied on the contents of the SD card to and let SH pick out the files it needs. Don't try to go inside the main folder...SH is designed to know where to go on its own. If you point inside the main folder SH will get lost and not know where to look.
If you copied the SD card contents to your Desktop...make sure it's a mirror image of the SD contest.

Or just stick the SD card into the slot and let SH go find the files in there. It knows to look for the SD card and then it looks insides...if you put it inside the card SH won't know what to do.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

EdNerd

Post by EdNerd » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:08 am

I have copied the daily folders into C:/Users/Me/Documents/SleepyHead/Data.
When I tried importing, I selected Documents/SleepyHead and again at /Data.
Also specifying a single dated folder. I get nothing any time.
Running on Windows 8.1.

Tomorrow I'll try reading direct from the SD card in a USB adapter.
But I'd rather copy to the computer and import from there, if possible??

Ed

Very helpful stuff:

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:25 am

EdNerd wrote:But I'd rather copy to the computer and import from there, if possible??
Yes, but an unnecessary step.
As Pugsy said above, copy and paste the entire SD disc (drive) to your location of choice. Open SleepyHead and from the Welcome screen select CPAP Importer, Choose A Folder and Navigate to the saved disc location.
Or, Open SleepyHead, go to File, Import Data, and again navigate to the saved disc.
Or, open SleepyHead, choose one of the methods above and navigate to the SD card in your USB adapter. SleepyHead will save the data.
Again, as Pugsy said, point SleepyHead to the Root Directory of the card, do not try to drill down to the contained data folders.

EdNerd

Post by EdNerd » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:03 am

Navigate to the saved disc location. 
I'm missing something here. If the data is saved to a folder on my C drive, what is the "root" location I need to specify?

Ed

Very helpful stuff:

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:30 am

EdNerd wrote:
I'm missing something here. If the data is saved to a folder on my C drive, what is the "root" location I need to specify?

Ed
Navigate to the folder where you copied the directories/files. Better yet, just put the SD card in in the machine, and do import again. Point it to the SD card, if it doesn't auto-find it (and it probably will..it does on my machine).

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software
Last edited by linuxman on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:31 am

EdNerd wrote:I'm missing something here. If the data is saved to a folder on my C drive, what is the "root" location I need to specify?
It gets a bit trickier in terms of navigation when you are trying to import from something you have saved to your C drive...like if you put the folder on your desktop or whatever.
You have to tell SH to look just at that main big folder and treat that main big folder like the "root drive thing" for SH to know where to look.
Once you try to tell SH where to look by directing SH to certain files within the main folder SH gets all confused.

First of all you need to have an exact mirror copy of your SD card on your C drive...can't be a collection of files...has to be an exact mirror copy. Especially for the very first download because there are text files involved along with serial number information, etc that are going to be needed.

I have done what you are wanting to do...go to files on my C drive but I did it with a mirror copy of the SD card on my C drive...it's actually more work than just getting it from the SD card in the SD Card slot or in your case attached to a USB drive.
You have to use the USB drive to get the files from the SD Card to your computer anyway....don't you?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:02 am

If the computer is asking you what you want to do when you insert the USB, you don't have to do anything with that box. Open SleepyHead and click on import data. SleepyHead will import and put it where it needs to find it.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:16 am

EdNerd wrote:
Ed
Sorry to confuse you. Just copy and paste the whole card, and/or specify the whole card to SleepyHead. The data is the whole card.

EdNerd

Post by EdNerd » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Okay - I think I get it. I just copied the dated files from the SD card - I didn't mirror the card. I can rectify that this weekend.

My thoughts behind copying the data from the card and just using the computer was that I didn't want to forget to put the card back into the machine! If I have a simple quick action (insert card, copy files, return card), it's easier than importing from the card and risking getting interrupted with the card still in the computer. Ya never know what these sleep-deprived people are gonna do!!

Ed

Very helpful stuff:

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:48 pm

The import from the SD card will take less time than the copying of the card each time and putting it on your hard drive. Trust me...on that one.

I do understand about forgetting the SD card in the computer though...I do it all the time. Not a huge problem for me because I don't review my software data all that often now..long ago it got real boring but I understand than newbies will want to review more often and want to make sure all the data is there..
But it really would take less time to simply do the import to SH if time is the main thing.
The import takes like a blink of the eye time as long as you have SH already open and up and running.

Your choice though....whatever routine you want to get into that works for you.
Just remember that you need a mirror copy of that SD card each time...trying to go pick out the new files and add to the old mirror copy is definitely going to be more time consuming and you risk missing a file. It can be done but it definitely is more time consuming doing it that way...continually trying to update the old mirror copy.

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Pugsy wrote: The import takes like a blink of the eye time as long as you have SH already open and up and running.
That's what I do..keep SH running. I take the card out of my shirt pocket, insert, hit the import function, open file manager to eject the card, pull the card out, put it back in my shirt pocket. First bathroom break I put the card back in the machine. Process helps .

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:44 pm

EdNerd wrote:Okay - I think I get it. I just copied the dated files from the SD card - I didn't mirror the card. I can rectify that this weekend.

My thoughts behind copying the data from the card and just using the computer was that I didn't want to forget to put the card back into the machine! If I have a simple quick action (insert card, copy files, return card), it's easier than importing from the card and risking getting interrupted with the card still in the computer. Ya never know what these sleep-deprived people are gonna do!!

Ed
If you don't want to move your SD card back and forth, get a flash air card and use that. I have one in my machine. It communicates with my computer through the router. I simply download the files to a file on my computer and Sleepyhead reads the data from there. When my wife gets her machine in another week or so, I will set it up the same way. I already have the flash air card ready to install in as soon as she gets it.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:09 pm

EdNerd wrote:Okay - I think I get it. I just copied the dated files from the SD card - I didn't mirror the card. I can rectify that this weekend.

Ed
importing is faster than copying, because the import only reads the new files. pop in card, run SH, import, take card out.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

EdNerd

Post by EdNerd » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:52 am

Got it sorted. Popped in the SD card with SleepyHead open - BAM!! instant detection and quick upload.

Sometimes I just think too deep for my own good ...
Ed

Very helpful stuff: