Questions on new Resmed Airsense 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Questions on new Resmed Airsense 10

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Yes, it will clearly say AutoSet on the face of the machine...lower right side I think... easy to see.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:51 pm

bmanley wrote:Never looked at these new machines in person. Does the resmed say autoset on it
right on the front lower right corner.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:12 pm

whoever told you that it used wifi doesn't know what they're talking about... (which often happens with DMEs.)

it's a cellular modem, has nothing at all to do with wifi.

if they don't give you a card, then just buy a sd card and stick it in.[/quote]

So do they try and charge extra for this? I know my doctor wanted the data from the machine to try and help figure out why I still stop breathing. Who reads the machine with this? Is it the DME that sells me the machine or does resmed send it to the doc? I know the DME is going to need it to show I'm using the machine

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:34 pm

bmanley wrote:Never looked at these new machines in person. Does the resmed say autoset on it? I know I should be able to tell if they show me how they are setting up the pressures but I want to make sure they don't try and get me to take a basic machine home. The doc should have ordered the autoset so I don't think they will try.

On the front of the machine it will say....Airsense 10 Autoset.... If it says Airsense 10 CPAP, don't accept it

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks guys. Looks like I will know just by looking at it. Until you see one you never know.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:21 pm

bmanley wrote:Thanks guys. Looks like I will know just by looking at it. Until you see one you never know.
resmed makes it pretty easy to tell what you're looking at, respironics, not so much. iirc, there's nothing showing on the new ones that tells what they are, you have to look on the bottom.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:14 am

Guess I should ask this too. Looking at the resmed airsense10 autoset because I use the S9 now but just the escape. Done all of my reading about the resmed but I should ask is there a reason the look at anything else like the dream station? Size wish the resmed looks to be smaller for one thing and I could make more room for anything. Trouble there is I have traveled with my S9 and space can be a pain in hotels or others homes. Not a big problem because I would not go for one machine over another if the one was smaller and the bigger machine had so many things it was better at. Seems like most of the used machine I've ever seen for sale are resmed which make me think they are the only ones that last long enough to be usable enough to sell used. I could be completely wrong here but decided maybe I should listen what people have to say about the two.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:46 pm

bmanley wrote: look at anything else like the dream station? Size wish the resmed looks to be smaller
only if you want inferior treatment. also the DS is much larger on the table than the resmed air10 series.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:33 pm

palerider wrote:
bmanley wrote: look at anything else like the dream station? Size wish the resmed looks to be smaller
only if you want inferior treatment. also the DS is much larger on the table than the resmed air10 series.
Thanks that is what it looked like to me. The place closest to me only sold the DS so I did a little looking and figured out the size was bigger. Just didn't know how people like them or how well they worked. Like I said I'm use to resmed plus the one I have has been a good machine, well as good as an escape can be.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Well as I shared in another post the place that had been getting my paper work together called late Friday and said they had it all together but it would be Wed before they were in my area to bring it out. I had said I could maybe get in to pick it up. Called them this morning and they said it I came right in they could get it done. 32 miles one way. Get there and she tries to set me up with a dream station. When I asked she said that was the only machine they were allowed to stock but could order the airsense. Now I would not mind if I had not talked to them about the resmed. Asked when I first called if they had them, they said yes. And asked Friday when she said they got all the paperwork together. Asked them about getting the climate line tubing since I was use to it and she said she didn't know which machine the gal was setting me up with but yes they could give me the heated tubing. If I had all my paperwork I'd start calling suppliers farther away just to get something setup sooner, she didn't know how long it would take because the gal that would have to order it was not in until tomorrow. I'm starting to think all DME are the same, wish I could get this from my online supplier

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:40 am

bmanley wrote:
palerider wrote:
Thanks that is what it looked like to me. The place closest to me only sold the DS so I did a little looking and figured out the size was bigger. Just didn't know how people like them or how well they worked. Like I said I'm use to resmed plus the one I have has been a good machine, well as good as an escape can be.
Hi,

As someone who has just changed from an S9 Escape to an AirSense 10 AutoSet, I think you are going to see a big difference. Only had mine 2 nights but already I feel my OSA is being treated much better, and it's great to be able to sign in to MyAir every day and check your progress. Of course you can also look at your data in more depth if you want to. I opted to get the 'For Her' version as it has an extra algorithm which I may or may not need, but as it was the same price, why not? It's not overly girlie!

I'm in the UK and opted to buy my machine as my hospital only supplies basic equipment, hence the Escape. So I bought a package that included humidifier and heated hose, the side panel was included as was the SD card.

Good luck, hope you get what you want and find it to be a big improvement.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:00 am

Well if this works out I will be going from the S9 escape to the airsense 10 Autoset. I hope to see a big improvement. As I've said I have never felt very rested in the morning since I started cpap. Now when I started it was thru my regular doctor so I think that could be some of my troubles. Don't think he knew much about it to provide very much help. Thanks to places like this forum I've been able to learn much more then ever and maybe now I can get some better sleep.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:34 pm

bmanley wrote:Well if this works out I will be going from the S9 escape to the airsense 10 Autoset. I hope to see a big improvement. As I've said I have never felt very rested in the morning since I started cpap. Now when I started it was thru my regular doctor so I think that could be some of my troubles. Don't think he knew much about it to provide very much help. Thanks to places like this forum I've been able to learn much more then ever and maybe now I can get some better sleep.
I'm sure it'll work out for you, please keep us posted. I would be interested to know if you get on with it as well as I am. Today is probably the best I've ever felt in the 2.5 years I've been on CPAP!

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:02 pm

I sure hope we can figure out what is going on and I can wake up feeling better. I know once I get the new machine it's still going to take some time to get things worked out but it feels like I'm on the right path.