SOCLEAN 2

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
charlesgenter

SOCLEAN 2

Post by charlesgenter » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Is anyone using the new SOCLEAN2 2?

grayghost4

Re: SOCLEAN 2

Post by grayghost4 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:13 pm

If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:19 pm

Please search "Soclean" on this forum. You'll get an ear full.
Sheriff

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:29 pm

charlesgenter wrote:Is anyone using the new SOCLEAN2 2?
only the gullible people.

just last week, I sold a soclean lover a bridge, and the week before that, a big mountain with some faces carved on it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Next time sell them some pre-irrigated farm land in south Louisiana.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:04 pm

Gullible, or so lazy it is DISGUSTING.
Ordinary cleaning is easy, cheap, and way more effective.
Some of us only clean when we see or smell something "off".
It is just that easy.
Of course, there are those germophobes whose paranoia and dread is so extreme
that only psychotropic drugs might help.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:10 pm

charlesgenter wrote:Is anyone using the new SOCLEAN2 2?
Just Shills and Fools with too much money. It does clean twice as good as So Clean 1. Zero times Two times Zerois still Zero. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:23 am

When I first saw them I though how nice to keep everything clean but lucky being on disability I didn't have the money to buy one. Now so glad I didn't buy one. I still think it would be nice if there was a way to clean the inside of the machine itself so easy but from everything I've heard there really is no reason to worry

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:40 am

Here's the deal with the SoClean...assuming it really nukes the germs/bacteria or whatever...it doesn't really clean or remove any grime/facial oils/drool/slime or whatever...all it does is make the grime/facial oils/drool/slime or whatever sterile.
You still have to manually wash the crud off every now and then.

It doesn't "clean" anything ....it just nukes everything...and that's assuming the small amount of ozone it uses really has nuking powers.

You still have to wash the crud off every now and then depending on how much accumulation you get.

Now if a person is a big germaphobe and they have more money than they have common sense...hey, go for it if it lets you sleep better knowing the crud on your mask or hose has been nuked....but it doesn't remove anything.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 am

Pugsy wrote:Here's the deal with the SoClean...assuming it really nukes the germs/bacteria or whatever...it doesn't really clean or remove any grime/facial oils/drool/slime or whatever...all it does is make the grime/facial oils/drool/slime or whatever sterile.
You still have to manually wash the crud off every now and then.

It doesn't "clean" anything ....it just nukes everything...and that's assuming the small amount of ozone it uses really has nuking powers.

You still have to wash the crud off every now and then depending on how much accumulation you get.

Now if a person is a big germaphobe and they have more money than they have common sense...hey, go for it if it lets you sleep better knowing the crud on your mask or hose has been nuked....but it doesn't remove anything.
there's no way it can sterilize anything. sterilizing is a rather complex, and exacting science.

possibly killing some bacteria is far from sterilizing.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:24 am

The levels of ozone needed to truly kill enough microbes to be useful would be far too DANGEROUS
to be used anywhere but IN A LAB. No one is allowed to have these deadly levels of ozone in a home.
In my opinion, SoClean is nothing but an expensive TOY--created only to capitalize on mental illness.
They should be ASHAMED of themselves!

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:57 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:The levels of ozone needed to truly kill enough microbes to be useful would be far too DANGEROUS
to be used anywhere but IN A LAB. No one is allowed to have these deadly levels of ozone in a home.
In my opinion, SoClean is nothing but an expensive TOY--created only to capitalize on mental illness.
They should be ASHAMED of themselves!
Not true. You wouldn't be allowed to have germ-killing levels of ozone in the air in the room with something like a home room air cleaner/sanitizer. The SoClean has a small confined space mostly sealed off from the room air. It's entirely possible to get ozone in such a space to germ killing levels without endangering the humans around the machine. I suspect if you could somehow climb into the SoClean chamber while running, you'd get really sick or die fairly quickly.

The SoClean confines the ozone into a closed air system and doesn't leak much ozone into the air. It tries to destroy the ozone at the end of the cycle. Even if it didn't confine and destroy the ozone, it probably doesn't produce ozone fast enough to make the room air harmful.

I'm not saying SoClean is actually effective, but it's entirely possible to safely generate enough ozone to kill germs in a device like that. To me, the big question is can you generate enough ozone to kill germs without harming the rubber or plastic CPAP parts. Plus ozone doesn't clean much, at best it kills germs.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Has anyone ever done an actual test where they swab the mask and hose and check for germs before and after running the "cleaning" cycle? I would be curious to see what the difference is, if any. This test would settle the question of whether it works or not. Of course, the test would need to be run by an independent company in order to insure it wasn't biased. Even if it kills the germs on the mask, as soon as you put it on, it picks up the germs from your skin.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:44 pm

If it were not for germs, the human race would not exist.
Most microbes are beneficial or at least harmless--relatively few are dangerous.
Even if one could kill them all, it would be an ecological disaster.
Germophobia is the real threat.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Okie bipap wrote:Has anyone ever done an actual test where they swab the mask and hose and check for germs before and after running the "cleaning" cycle? I would be curious to see what the difference is, if any. This test would settle the question of whether it works or not. Of course, the test would need to be run by an independent company in order to insure it wasn't biased. Even if it kills the germs on the mask, as soon as you put it on, it picks up the germs from your skin.
Maybe we could get the FDA to do the testing, we all know how honest and qualified they are. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire