SleepyHead frozen after putting it in full screen mode

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepychar

Re: SleepyHead frozen after putting it in full screen mode

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Pugsy wrote:Are you in the Windows 10 Settings area?
If not, where are you and what do you see?
I went into Control Panel, All Control Panel Items, System, Advanced System Settings
Previously AirFit P10 for Her mask

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:06 pm

sleepychar wrote:I went into Control Panel, All Control Panel Items, System, Advanced System Settings
Wrong place but I am not sure changing the resolution would fix it anyway.

Do you use the little sheep icon to open SH?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally found the place to change the resolution in Settings AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I changed the settings to that 1080 x 1024 or whatever it was. It reduced the SleepyHead Window and allowed me to go into the View menu and un-toggle the full screen option. Yea!!!!!!!!! I can hardly believe it - I have been working on it all day and driving myself and everybody else nuts about it but it is finally fixed. Oh, that makes me very happy.

Thank you, everybody who chipped in on this issue - and especially Jay, who was a genius today and came up with the solution. It took me awhile to figure out that resolution business and how to change it but that was the answer. Pugsy, OkyDoky, linuxman, Jay - THANK YOU!!!

We have to remember this in case it happens to somebody else.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:14 pm

sleepychar wrote:we have to remember this in case it happens to somebody else.
Great! I'm sure it will come up again and that you won't forget it.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:20 pm

YEAH.......Good job.

Last edited by Pugsy on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:33 pm

By the way, Pugsy, I was using the little sheep icon exclusively to open the regular GL version of SleepyHead. When I first opened the Broken GL version, I looked it up in Windows Explorer and clicked on the file name. But then I created a shortcut on my desktop for that one too, which is the little sheep icon as well, and used that for the Broken GL version.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Okay...I was just wondering if you had the sheep thing or not because if you didn't that told me we needed to do some little something but since you do we don't have to do it.

I am so glad you got things sorted out and that headache is gone.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:28 am

sleepychar wrote:Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally found the place to change the resolution in Settings AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I changed the settings to that 1080 x 1024 or whatever it was. It reduced the SleepyHead Window and allowed me to go into the View menu and un-toggle the full screen option. Yea!!!!!!!!! I can hardly believe it - I have been working on it all day and driving myself and everybody else nuts about it but it is finally fixed. Oh, that makes me very happy.

Thank you, everybody who chipped in on this issue - and especially Jay, who was a genius today and came up with the solution. It took me awhile to figure out that resolution business and how to change it but that was the answer. Pugsy, OkyDoky, linuxman, Jay - THANK YOU!!!

YAY

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:44 am

Jay Aitchsee wrote:

YAY
I'da bet money that wouldn't have worked... glad I didn't find anybody to bet with

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:50 am

palerider wrote: I'da bet money that wouldn't have worked... glad I didn't find anybody to bet with
You know it might be just like with all the other things that work for some and don't work for others.....it might not work for everyone.
I am sure glad it does work though...speaking from personal experience here.
Last night a little devil made me do the full screen thing to see if it would freeze on me...and it did and none of the other fixes worked but changing the desktop resolution did work for me.

I think the tnet website needs to be altered and tell people to NOT do the full screen toggle thing...there are other ways to get a full size image that don't require a full size toggle and it really doesn't make it all that much larger anyway.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:16 am

Pugsy wrote:Last night a little devil made me do the full screen thing to see if it would freeze on me...and it did and none of the other fixes worked but changing the desktop resolution did work for me.
Pugsy, I can't believe you did that! You are too much!!! Thank you again for your help yesterday and for everything you do for this forum.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:30 am

Yeah...I just HAD to experiment and then I was cussing up a storm.
Sometimes my experiments don't turn out so well.....but like I always say about my experiments...I always learn something from them and this time I learned NEVER to repeat that experiment again.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:14 pm

palerider wrote:
Jay Aitchsee wrote:

YAY
I'da bet money that wouldn't have worked... glad I didn't find anybody to bet with

You
doubted me? Hard to believe. I'm crushed

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Pugsy wrote:Last night a little devil made me do the full screen thing to see if it would freeze on me...and it did and none of the other fixes worked but changing the desktop resolution did work for me.
alt-f4 DID close sleepyhead though .... didn't get rid of the full screen bit, but it made SH go away, at least.... right?

(I think Pugsy is about 80% devil... and no, I wasn't the little devil that made her do it!!!!)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Jay Aitchsee wrote:You[/b][/u] doubted me? Hard to believe. I'm crushed
I know, I'm sorry... I shoulda remembered "it's windows, I don't know anything about windows!" forgive me???