SleepyHead frozen after putting it in full screen mode

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepychar

Re: SleepyHead frozen after putting it in full screen mode

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Just as I was starting to respond, linuxman, the program finished downloading and started to install. It is installed now and the problem of the frozen full screen is still there. I am going to look for that data file Pugsy mentioned and I will try renaming it to something different so it isn't gone but it shouldn't be referenced any longer... what a mess!!!
Previously AirFit P10 for Her mask

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:30 pm

On my Windows 10 computer the SH folder it is in is the "Documents" folder...under "this PC" which is I guess what I named this computer.
On prior Windows it was called "MyDocuments".
I was afraid of that because even a new install would look for that folder and pull from it first.

If you need me to I can get a screen shot of it....and hope that whomever set this computer up for you didn't move stuff around.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:43 pm

I looked under Documents. I did a search of my whole PC and can't find the data file. I will look again and see if I am picking up "Hidden" files in my search.

Meanwhile, it looks like I may be able to capture the Cheyne Stokes flow rate picture and that is what I am going to do next. I will have to print out those instructions because I can't toggle back and forth from SleepyHead to the instructions, so it will take a few minutes longer...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:53 pm

It's not a data file...it's a folder named SleepyHeadData-Testing
and within that folder there are other files and folders like the Profile folder.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 pm

I'll keep looking... Meanwhile, I was able to open SleepyHead with the "Broken-GL) version and I posted it in my Cheyne Stokes post to keep all that info together. Now - on to the search for that data file...
Thank you so much everybody for being there! This has been a frustrating morning.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:55 pm

I never could find where SleepyHead is storing its data on my computer. I did numerous searches of my whole PC for "SleepyHead" and couldn't find it. When I use the regular SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-2 version, it is still hanging in full screen mode and won't accept any commands. This happens when I select my original profile or the new one I created today. I can look at details and events but I can't get into the top menu (File, View, etc) or minimize the window again. Also can't get any screen shots saved in there. F12 doesn't work to save image. If anybody has any more ideas of how to resolve that issue, I would be grateful. Meanwhile, at least I have been able to use the BrokenGL version.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Your data is contained in a "profile" in the Profiles folder under SleephHeaddata-testing usually in documents, but it could be placed elsewhere. Try a search for "Profiles" using Cortana or windows explorer.

I know this won't be of much help, but when I got stuck in full screen I did not have to do a reinstall. F11 doesn't work for all brands of computers and it didn't work for me. You need to get to the menu under View and Toggle Off the full screen selection. It's there, it's just hidden at the top of the screen where it can't be seen. I don't remember how I finally got to it - maybe by changing the screen resolution under Settings/System/Display/Advanced.

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:55 pm

sleepychar wrote:I never could find where SleepyHead is storing its data on my computer. I did numerous searches of my whole PC for "SleepyHead" and couldn't find it. When I use the regular SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-2 version, it is still hanging in full screen mode and won't accept any commands. This happens when I select my original profile or the new one I created today. I can look at details and events but I can't get into the top menu (File, View, etc) or minimize the window again. Also can't get any screen shots saved in there. F12 doesn't work to save image. If anybody has any more ideas of how to resolve that issue, I would be grateful. Meanwhile, at least I have been able to use the BrokenGL version.
For screenshot, try using CTRL-PrintscreenKey. That will grab a screenshot and put it in the paste buffer. Now on getting out of full screen..have you tried ESC? Weird that it won't come out. You should also be able to go to other tasks by using ALT-tab .

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:14 pm

linuxman wrote:For screenshot, try using CTRL-PrintscreenKey. That will grab a screenshot and put it in the paste buffer. Now on getting out of full screen..have you tried ESC? Weird that it won't come out. You should also be able to go to other tasks by using ALT-tab .
Shift-PrintScreenKey does make a copy of the screen that I am able to then paste into a Word document. Not sure how to upload that to this forum for review, but I was able to do that with the SleepyHead BrokenGL version finally. ESC does not exit the full screen mode, nor does F11. F12 doesn't copy any of the screen either, does nothing.
There was success with the ALT-Tab though! That did allow me to get back to this cpaptalk window. That is a huge help. Although that doesn't close down the SleepyHead program.

Jay Aitchsee wrote:Your data is contained in a "profile" in the Profiles folder under SleephHeaddata-testing usually in documents, but it could be placed elsewhere. Try a search for "Profiles" using Cortana or windows explorer.
I was able to find a SleepyHead profile file but it doesn't seem to have daily data in it, mostly my user profile info is in it. There is no SleepyHeaddata-testing folder in Documents or anywhere else I can find. The data has to be somewhere because SleepyHead is displaying it but I can't find where it's being pulled from.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Unless something else is going on Alt / F4 should close the front window when using Windows.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Guest wrote:Unless something else is going on Alt / F4 should close the front window when using Windows.
Something else seems to be going on. ALT/F4 does not close the SleepyHead window either...

A tiny bit more progress... I was googling about where to find the data file just now and landed on the apnea board. Someone mentioned looking at the file listed at the bottom of the window where you "Select User" when you first open SleepyHead and there is a folder listed there that is on my desktop in a folder I made myself to save various SleepyHead and CPAP info as I have been reading and learning about all of this. Somehow the SleepyHead data file seems to have gotten stashed there. Don't ask me how... I never did that intentionally. So what it looks like is, there is a folder I just called Sleep Apnea Info on my Desktop. In there is a file called SleepyHead Charts which is a subfolder I created early on to save some screenshots to - I forget why... But also in that SleepyHead Charts folder is another file Called Profiles. And under that are two username folders - one called sleepychar and the other one is a new one I just created after all this problem started today, called Donna. When I open the sleepychar folder, there is another folder called Resmed_23161198807. That Resmed file has three subfolders: Backup, Events, and Summaries and several individual files named imported_files.csv, Sessions.info, and Summaries.xml.gz.

Don't ask me which one of these has the actual data stored... some of these files give weird warning messages when I try to open them. The BACKUP folder has several subfolders, one of which is called DATALOG which has two subfolders, one for 2016, which has a long list of files in it, and the other is for 2017, which also has a long list of files so this must be the data.

I am still having the problem with SleepyHead. One suggestion from Pugsy was to remove the data file. I was thinking of maybe just renaming it so the data actually won't get lost. The question is, which file should I remove or rename? Maybe the DATALOG file? Here is the list in an easier to follow, descending order, display:

In my Sleep Apnea Info Folder are:
Sleepy Head Charts -- Profiles -- sleepychar-- Resmed_23161198807 -- Backup -- Events -- Summaries.

Backup has the DATALOG folder with the subfolders for 2016 and 2017.

The Events folder has some files in it from 8/4/2016 to 2/7/2017. The Summaries folder has a string of files for the same dates as the Events folder.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Maybe it is the file "Resmed_23161198807" that I should rename... any thoughts?

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:28 pm

sleepychar wrote:
Shift-PrintScreenKey does make a copy of the screen that I am able to then paste into a Word document. Not sure how to upload that to this forum for review, but I was able to do that with the SleepyHead BrokenGL version finally. ESC does not exit the full screen mode, nor does F11. F12 doesn't copy any of the screen either, does nothing.
There was success with the ALT-Tab though! That did allow me to get back to this cpaptalk window. That is a huge help. Although that doesn't close down the SleepyHead program.
Good deal...glad the alt-tab worked for you. You can paste straight into imgur in your web browser. Just click on new post, then paste into that screen.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Thank you, linuxman!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:09 pm

I am sorry but I am pretty much lost in terms of what you are seeing in files/folder in a place that I wouldn't expect them to be.
I can barely manage things when they are in the places I expect them to be.
If I was sitting in front of your computer so that I could see first hand...maybe....just maybe I could sort it out.

Do you have a blank SD card laying around? You know I was thinking of maybe putting all that data you found in that folder on your desktop...onto a blank SD card...no need to rename it. Then remove it from your desktop totally and try to get SH to create the appropriate folder in proper place.
If no blank card available...maybe rename the whole folder.
Instead of worry about what is inside...see if you can get SH to simply need to go directly to the SD card and start over totally. All your data is still on the SD card anyway. That's one of the really nice things about the AirSense...it doesn't go writing over files on the SD card after 7 days (which is what my S9 does).
Something within that existing SH folder is locked into the freeze screen thing and I don't know if that is in profiles or somewhere else.