SleepyHead frozen after putting it in full screen mode

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepychar

SleepyHead frozen after putting it in full screen mode

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:11 am

I am trying to post a SleepyHead chart and haven't done that in awhile. So I reviewed instructions in tnet... , one of which advised putting SleepyHead into full screen mode in order to have better chart visibility. Now SleepyHead is completely hung. I can see the full screen picture of the charts but SleepyHead will not respond to any mouse or keystrokes. Won't allow me to exit full screen mode. I have used Task Manager "End Task" several times and also tried rebooting my computer. SleepyHead is still stuck. Does anyone have any advice? Will I need to uninstall and re-install SleepyHead? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Previously AirFit P10 for Her mask

sleepychar

Re: SleepyHead frozen after putting it in full screen mode

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 am

I am reviewing prior posts... F11 is not unfreezing the screen... still looking for solution...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:35 am

I have never had SH freeze but then I never do the full screen thing so I haven't had personal experience figuring out what gets it unfrozen. As you have found from the posts you are reading that apparently it's a random thing what ends up resolving the issue.

It is my understanding that the AirSense 10 machines don't overwrite any data files (unlike the S9 which does) so if you end up either creating a new user profile (if you can get to that screen) or a reinstall there should not be any loss of anything in terms of past data.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:46 am

Well, I am really stuck now... I can't find SleepyHead in Programs and Features in Control Panel in order to uninstall it... I did manage to create a new user profile by right-clicking the icon in my taskbar or whatever that is called where you left-click once to start the program... when SleepyHead opened after I created the profile, it said "no user data found" and it was in full screen mode again and not responding to anything... I am running Windows 10 on my computer.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:50 am

I had Sleepyhead freeze on me recently when I toggled to full screen. I had to do a hard shut down of my computer because even the control-alternate-delete wouldn't bring up the task master. Once I shut it down and restarted, I had no problem with SleepyHead and I no longer go full screen. It must be caused by something recently changed in windows because I used to be able to go full screen without problems.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:55 am

I have Windows 10

Try this

In the Windows Settings feature click on System (Display, Notifications, apps, power)
then click on
Apps and features
In that list you should find SleepyHead to uninstall it.
Or at list I have it in mine.

Now this would be the 1.0.0 Beta version. If you were using the 9.8.1 version it won't be in there because it never really installed into that area...and you would just have to find where it was manually unzipped and ran from...and on my computer I just left it in the download folder so when I unzipped it I ran it from the unzipped folder in the main download folder.

You might also simply try removing the SleepyHead App testing folder in My Documents and the open SH and see if you get a blank SH hopefully not in full screen mode.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:15 am

A hard reboot did not resolve the problem. Neither did trying to log in with the new profile I created. Task Manager is still working to shut the SleepyHead program down. I still haven't been able to find the SleepyHead program/app to uninstall it. I may need to contact the person who set up this computer for me. He did set it up in somewhat of an unusual fashion that I don't completely understand - I wish I had never used him and just kept the computer off the shelf the way it came. At the time I had wanted help transferring files from my old system to this newer one...

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:00 pm

I have found a number of SleepyHead files on my PC. I'm not sure which ones to delete before I try re-installing...

There is one in Program Files as follows - I'm guessing this is the one I should delete. It is listed as "Type: Application". For some reason it is showing up in my search twice, both times with the same date (8/1/2016) and time. Is there a knowlegable person who can confirm this would be the file to delete?

C:\Program Files(x86)\SleepyHead

There are also a couple of "Type: Shortcut" listed in a different folder. I'm guessing I would delete those as well.

There are also a couple of files listed as "Type: PNG".

There are a couple of empty folders from today: Critical_SleepyHead.exe_dcc3c7472b9187.. in a folder named:

C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Report Archive.

I would appreciate assistance from anyone who is a more computer-savvy than I am... Thank you in advance.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:19 pm

PNG is usually an image file....screen shot probably

The one under application...that's the entire program
C:\Program Files(x86)\SleepyHead
this is the entire program also

There also should be a folder in your MyDocuments folder labeled
SleepyHeadDataTesting (might be slightly different wording if you are using 9.8.1 version)...this folder is untouched when you remove the application from the ProgramFiles. It's this folder that might need to be removed if a reinstall doesn't fix the full screen issue.

I don't know about the other files...short cut was probably something that created a shortcut somewhere.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Pugsy wrote: There also should be a folder in your MyDocuments folder labeled
SleepyHeadDataTesting (might be slightly different wording if you are using 9.8.1 version)...this folder is untouched when you remove the application from the ProgramFiles. It's this folder that might need to be removed if a reinstall doesn't fix the full screen issue.
I have the 9.8.1 version and that is where the data is located.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:31 pm

OkyDoky wrote:I have the 9.8.1 version and that is where the data is located.
Yeah..that's where it is at with all the various versions but sometimes the name/wording on the SleepyHead folder might vary a bit.
I only have 1.0.0 Beta 2 on this computer but on my other computer I had probably half a dozen different versions and I had a separate folder in the MyDocuments folder for each version...all with some sort of wording but not exactly the same. It was always obvious that it was related to SleepyHead though.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:37 pm

I can't find that data file... but I think I am going to go ahead and delete the SleepyHead folder located in C:\Program Files(x86) on my computer.. Here goes... wish me luck!

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:48 pm

Click on the search box (bottom left) on your computer and type Sleepyhead. The files should come up there.

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks, OkyDoky. I did search there. I found one file that might possibly be the data file, but I'm not sure. Nothing comes up when I search as you suggested. I don't know why. I had to actually go into the Windows Explorer and look up the files. First I did a full computer search for anything with SleepyHead in the name and that is how I found the .exe file. I am trying to load SleepyHead now. It is taking a longish time. The no. of mins left for the install keeps changing from 13 min to 26 min to 17 min to 56 min... etc., so I'm not sure how much longer it might take to install. There was one other .exe file that I probably should have deleted but I didn't so I may have to go through this again - this one was called SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe and is listed as Type: Application. I overlooked it at first in my search before going ahead and trying the re-install. I'm waiting to see if when SleepyHead finishes installing if it will work...

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:17 pm

That it's talking that long to install seems fishy to me. It should install quite quickly (maybe a minute or so...). Keep forging ahead, but I'm wondering if you have some other issues going on..maybe hardware problem, like i/o errors on the disk, or some other software problem like a virus or malware.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software