Just had split sleep study, went bad! Questions.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OkyDoky

Re: Just had split sleep study, went bad! Questions.

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Get a written copy of your sleep study. That way you can see how long it took you to fall asleep, how long you slept and how much time you spent in the different levels of sleep, along with the different types of events. There may also be measurements of limb movements that may cause sleep disruptions.
If you have questions about the report post it here with the personal ID info blacked (on a copy not original).
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:13 pm

There is the possibility that if you have OSA and it happens to be worse in REM sleep and since your sleep was so fragmented you didn't get much REM...that the study could be negative simply from lack of REM sleep.

If you didn't get any REM at all...it's really a poor incomplete study.

My OSA is 5 times worse in REM and I had a similar thing happen with my first sleep study...I barely made it to REM due to lots of fragmentation. Fortunately I did finally get just enough to show it was bad and enough to get me back for the titration sleep study. I didn't hit REM until just before time to end the sleep study during the diagnostic sleep study.

Get a copy of the full sleep study and see if you ever hit REM stage sleep.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Rizzo777

Post by Rizzo777 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:22 pm

I did not enter REM during the study the nurse told me that the morning I woke up.