Should I be raising or lowering my pressure, charts included

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lantech19446

Re: Should I be raising or lowering my pressure, charts included

Post by Lantech19446 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:27 am

Our bed would likely break them lol our frame is 200lbs the mattress foundation is 110 and the mattress is close to 200

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:18 pm

linuxman wrote:
Lantech19446 wrote:They range sometimes it's only like 30 seconds over the whole night which doesn't really concern me much, i've had nights it's reported then and said i was in apnea for 7 seconds but some of the nights where it was like .3 and people are saying oh no big deal that's still really good i was in apnea for 1.5 minutes one night was close to 2. I haven't had numbers like that since I settled in on the right pressure.
So yes, a 1.5 - 2 minute apnea is a concern, assuming it is real and not due to very shallow awake breathing. It's possible that an event like that could be position related. Maybe you had your head tilted down really far and compressed your airway more, etc. It's really hard to say.

Also, you do need to be a bit careful when looking at the detailed flow graphs for an event. What you're looking at there is a rate of airflow. It's not a measure of lung movement. As such, you can be inhaling/exhaling very very shallow, and it looks "flat" on the graph. So take a look at the actual flow numbers as you sweep the cursor line over the event on the flow graph. You may well see positive and negative flows there that are just very shallow. That's still not a good thing if it happens while you're actually sleeping. If you happen to have an IR capable camcorder, you might try filming yourself overnight (with a time stamp turned on), to see if you can catch what's happening when these longer events occur.

One other thing you might try is to turn off the EPR, if you can tolerate that, to see if that makes a difference.
A few successive inhales (2 to 4) by mouth lasting longer than 10 seconds total will also score an obstructive apnea while wearing a nasal mask because the machine can not detect any flow through the mouth. See the first chart in the referenced thread below for waveform examples of different types of breathing while wearing a nasal mask. Unfortunately, I know of no way to be absolutely sure an apnea is mouth inhaling or real with our home equipment. Mouth exhaling does have an identifiable characteristic waveform, however. If mouth exhaling is detected, then mouth inhaling might be suspected as well.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112758&p=1085906#p1085906

Lantech19446

Post by Lantech19446 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:27 pm

I'll have to look through my chart and maybe borrow a webcam for while I'm sleeping when my wife is at work

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Lantech19446 wrote: I want them gone,
you'd do well to listen to Jay and not obsess.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Lantech19446 wrote:I wish i could i just spent 2700 on a bed that wont break under me and will support my back i just don't have the money for it right now. I wonder if there's something i can put in the bed that would help
walmart, and others, sell foundations that'll support 1000 pounds, for far less than 2700$.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lantech19446

Post by Lantech19446 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm

The 2700 was the new frame foundation and a medical grade mattress for obese people and people with back problems made by medicoil. It's awesome I've never been so comfortable in a bed but i definitely wouldn't spend that just on one piece the mattress was only about 1300.

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Cardsfan wrote:Put bricks under frame at the head of the bed. (my friend is a nurse, and she told me this)
This works in a pinch, but doesn't work very well if you need more than very minimal tilt. You end up fighting gravity all night long. My wife and did this for a bit, and it was terrible even at only around a 10-15 degree angle.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software
Last edited by linuxman on Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Lantech19446 wrote:The 2700 was the new frame foundation and a medical grade mattress for obese people and people with back problems made by medicoil. It's awesome I've never been so comfortable in a bed but i definitely wouldn't spend that just on one piece the mattress was only about 1300.
the last time I had any time in a "medical grade mattress" I got friction blisters.

such fun.

Lantech19446

Post by Lantech19446 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:08 pm

That sucks! I've been really happy with the medicoil it's the best money I've ever spent on a bed