what should be changed every 6 months?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Robear

Re: what should be changed every 6 months?

Post by Robear » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 pm

I have Medicare & supplemental insurance. I've had CPAP for almost 2 years. In the beginning I would get a call every 3 months. I didn't know any better & would OK anything that the supplier recommended . . . until I started being buried in unneeded supplies. Then I told them not to send anything. They gave me a lot of back talk that Medicare recommends this & that . . . it won't cost you anything. I told the "Medicare doesn't recommend . . . Medicare allows. Abusing the system just because it's "free" just causes higher taxes for everyone. Don't sent anything." They must have gotten the message. They haven't called in about 9 months.

Somehow my humidifier tank's latch broke a month or so ago. It was still usable, but didn't seal as it should, so I called them & had a new one in a week (sent from New Mexico to Maryland). I used my last mask & tube for a year. Changed on Jan 1, just to rotate usage. I put the old ones back into "stock" to use again in 2-3 years.

dwood003

Post by dwood003 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:39 am

You quoted me in your above comment. I was replying to your comment that " If I don't need something and I don't select it, I can't check out until I do".
I assumed that was a problem for you. But guess I was wrong.

This is your statement in this post......"I use Express Scripts for my prescription's, if I order direct from them it cost me nothing. They email me a reminder, I order online they fax the Dr. for renewals, its in the mail. Insurance companies want you healthy. " What has that got to do with ordering CPAP supplies....Isn't that "off topic"?

. Most equipment doesn't need replacing on schedule unless something is damaged or wears out. I am on Medicare and could stock a store if I took new supplies every time I was able. Meanwhile, my hose is over 2 years old...my mask is almost 2 years old with 2 cushion replacements and my humidifier cup is the original that came with my machine 30 months ago. Because you can, doesn't mean you should. Too many people take advantage of their insurance and Medicare and that's why our medical care system is in crisis.
Trolls are on ever board, this one is no exception. There're easy to spot they have thousands of submissions. Their comment are about others responses, unlikely the issue. It discourage response's knowing their they waiting to criticize at any opportunity. Anyone who has 15272 or 7728 needs top get a life. COME AND GET TROLL!

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:59 am

dwood003 wrote:
You quoted me in your above comment. I was replying to your comment that " If I don't need something and I don't select it, I can't check out until I do".
I assumed that was a problem for you. But guess I was wrong.

This is your statement in this post......"I use Express Scripts for my prescription's, if I order direct from them it cost me nothing. They email me a reminder, I order online they fax the Dr. for renewals, its in the mail. Insurance companies want you healthy. " What has that got to do with ordering CPAP supplies....Isn't that "off topic"?

. Most equipment doesn't need replacing on schedule unless something is damaged or wears out. I am on Medicare and could stock a store if I took new supplies every time I was able. Meanwhile, my hose is over 2 years old...my mask is almost 2 years old with 2 cushion replacements and my humidifier cup is the original that came with my machine 30 months ago. Because you can, doesn't mean you should. Too many people take advantage of their insurance and Medicare and that's why our medical care system is in crisis.
Trolls are on ever board, this one is no exception. There're easy to spot they have thousands of submissions. Their comment are about others responses, unlikely the issue. It discourage response's knowing their they waiting to criticize at any opportunity. Anyone who has 15272 or 7728 needs top get a life. COME AND GET TROLL!
When you quote you need to leave in who you are quoting so readers can see who you are talking about and make their own determinations. The first paragraph is mine and I can assure others I am not a troll. I'm only here to help others understand what they want to understand.
The next 2 paragraphs are from 2 other different users.
I can see you are inciting a useless discussion, so this will be the last time I respond to help you.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 am

dwood003 wrote:

You are an idiot....Where would this board be without the "trolls" that have stayed here for years to help the people just starting out.
Without experienced users this board would die.

moreorless

Post by moreorless » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:57 pm

I called dme awhile ago and they told me I would have to wait for the end of the month before I could order a part I needed. I waited several days until the new month came and I had to order the part, so it takes awhile to get a new part.
Now I know in the future that if I am going to have to reorder it I have to call them for to order the part, as they will not call me. and that can take some time, so that is why more or less i need to know remind myself that I may need a extra part just get it on a schedule.
the snow has stopped :9

Additional Comments: dreamstation dreammapper i think i dunno. software. whats on the menu in dreamstation i dunno about the software hmm

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:12 pm

A good rule is to always have one replacement part of everything on hand.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

moreorless

Post by moreorless » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:27 pm

OkyDoky wrote:A good rule is to always have one replacement part of everything on hand.
that include filters.
when dme gave me the renewed filters they open gave me like the light blue part *dreamstation thing* the blue thing i reuse to put it via the other filter.
.. i have looked and brought via ebay too. and then some guy via ebay, who sent my stuff quickly *transaction was out of ebay though*.,
still learning so i have to find out about these filter thingies.

have nice day

Additional Comments: dreamstation dreammapper i think i dunno. software. whats on the menu in dreamstation i dunno about the software hmm

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:33 am

moreorless wrote:
OkyDoky wrote:A good rule is to always have one replacement part of everything on hand.
that include filters.
that includes the *machine* too.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.