Vendor legit or not, also where can I find good prices on eq

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jioaa1988

Vendor legit or not, also where can I find good prices on eq

Post by Jioaa1988 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:48 am

Is anyone familiar with the website/DME vendor Cpapliquidators.com, and if so do you know is this business is safe to buy from, or should I avoid it? I'm hard up for cash and need to buy my own BiPAP, insurance doesn't cover DME, and the website has really good prices.. But I'm worried if it is too good to be true. I am very skeptical of websites to buy from..

If not, can anyone recommend DMEs' or businesses that are authorized to sell BiPAP equipment that are trusted by the community? I am currently unemployed and my funds are limited, I don't want to overpay for a BiPAP machine if there's a better deal elsewhere. Do any vendors accept military discount? Or any discounts? Sales? Certified factory refurbished?

My previous machine was a ResMed Aircurve 10 ST, so I'm looking at either the same model, or an older generation model with the same capabilities (especially if cheaper).

Also, is ASV the best therapy we can get, since it treats all types of sleep apnea? Should I purchase an ASV machine? My insurance is offering no help, not until I have a machine to bring to them. Frustrating as hell, and I'm confused as to what to do. Please let me know, thank you!

Julie

Re: Vendor legit or not, also where can I find good prices on eq

Post by Julie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:52 am

This website is hosted by Cpap.com... and they have a great variety of equipment at very good prices, with reviews, pictures, etc.

Jioaa1988

Post by Jioaa1988 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:58 am

OK.. does cpap.com offer discounts? Military discounts? refurbished options? What should I expect to pay for a Bipap ST?

knothead

Post by knothead » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:28 am

Jioaa1988 wrote:OK.. does cpap.com offer discounts? Military discounts? refurbished options? What should I expect to pay for a Bipap ST?
Hello J,
It would be best for you to call CPAP.com and find out those questions....1-800-356-5221. They probably could answer your questions better.
Also there is a member on here "Grey Ghost" that sells lots of good used PAP equipment. I think he has a pumpkin for his avatar...good luck finding equipment and thank you for your service...

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:20 am

Also check on Craigslist under "Health & Beauty" - some are new, some used, some deals, some not. As with anything else on Craigslist - BEWARE - there are some shysters. You must know your makes/models and prices tho. As already mentioned cpap dot com is excellent and extremely fair for price and service - located in TX.
fwiw you will need an Rx from a doc when ordering from anyplace online or a local DME.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:27 am

I have found masks on eBay several times.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:11 am

Secondwindcpap.com has been mentioned here.
They have open box new and reconditioned lightly used units.

moreorless

Post by moreorless » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:27 pm

https://www.healthcare.gov/ go to that site and see if you qualify.
I have insurance but you can go there. people get cheap rates someone I know who lives in another state
has obamacare and they pay 35 a month for health insurance.
there are other links, based on your state. but start there.
you may qualify based on income too.
it will not hurt to try.

Additional Comments: dreamstation dreammapper i think i dunno. software. whats on the menu in dreamstation i dunno about the software hmm

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:45 pm

I would think if you were able to get a military discount, which i've never seen offered, you would be able to get V.A. help. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

wm_hess

Post by wm_hess » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Goofproof wrote:I would think if you were able to get a military discount, which i've never seen offered, you would be able to get V.A. help. Jim

Not necessarily so Jim. I'm a veteran with time in Desert Storm. I'm not retired from the military so I don't qualify for V.A. assistance unless I'm indigent.

-Bill

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Jioaa1988 wrote:Is anyone familiar with the website/DME vendor Cpapliquidators.com, and if so do you know is this business is safe to buy from, or should I avoid it? I'm hard up for cash and need to buy my own BiPAP, insurance doesn't cover DME, and the website has really good prices.. But I'm worried if it is too good to be true. I am very skeptical of websites to buy from..

If not, can anyone recommend DMEs' or businesses that are authorized to sell BiPAP equipment that are trusted by the community? I am currently unemployed and my funds are limited, I don't want to overpay for a BiPAP machine if there's a better deal elsewhere. Do any vendors accept military discount? Or any discounts? Sales? Certified factory refurbished?

My previous machine was a ResMed Aircurve 10 ST, so I'm looking at either the same model, or an older generation model with the same capabilities (especially if cheaper).

Also, is ASV the best therapy we can get, since it treats all types of sleep apnea? Should I purchase an ASV machine? My insurance is offering no help, not until I have a machine to bring to them. Frustrating as hell, and I'm confused as to what to do. Please let me know, thank you!
What happened to your previous machine?

Check with these folks.

http://www.acbio.com

They also are a certified manufacturers' repair shop for ResMed and Philips/Respironics.
Maybe they can fix your other one if you still have it.

The ASV machines are very specialized for certain types of sleep apnea........particularly Central Sleep Apnea.
Be sure you know what you need before you go forking out more money than you need to.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:52 pm

wm_hess wrote:
Goofproof wrote:I would think if you were able to get a military discount, which i've never seen offered, you would be able to get V.A. help. Jim

Not necessarily so Jim. I'm a veteran with time in Desert Storm. I'm not retired from the military so I don't qualify for V.A. assistance unless I'm indigent.

-Bill
They forgot to dose you with Agent Orange, No trees, instead they just used Depleted Uranium Shells instead. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:56 pm

wm_hess wrote:
Goofproof wrote:I would think if you were able to get a military discount, which i've never seen offered, you would be able to get V A help. Jim

Not necessarily so Jim. I'm a veteran with time in Desert Storm. I'm not retired from the military so I don't qualify for V A assistance unless I'm indigent.

-Bill
Not so fast there. The VA is a fickle place and so much depends on income, etc. Many veterans don't know or think to contact the VA for sleep apnea. They do use some top shelf equipment.

Also the VA will accept a sleep study from your local sleep lab, doc, etc. tho it takes a month or more some times to get equipment. I won't say it is FREE cuz you did pay for with your service.

I think the VA is a good source for this OP to check out. Esp. since the cost of an ST machine will be (is) pricey.

Jim I am surprised you don't get a cpap and supplies from them.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Guest wrote:
wm_hess wrote:
Goofproof wrote:I would think if you were able to get a military discount, which i've never seen offered, you would be able to get V A help. Jim

Not necessarily so Jim. I'm a veteran with time in Desert Storm. I'm not retired from the military so I don't qualify for V A assistance unless I'm indigent.

-Bill
Not so fast there. The VA is a fickle place and so much depends on income, etc. Many veterans don't know or think to contact the VA for sleep apnea. They do use some top shelf equipment.

Also the VA will accept a sleep study from your local sleep lab, doc, etc. tho it takes a month or more some times to get equipment. I won't say it is FREE cuz you did pay for with your service.

I think the VA is a good source for this OP to check out. Esp. since the cost of an ST machine will be (is) pricey.

Jim I am surprised you don't get a cpap and supplies from them.
I used them when I was laid off from my real job, one lay off lasted 5 years, there was a lot of blood on the ground here, sick wife and 5 children, but i took my two by four and kept the wolf from the door. (Sorry Den), never knew him back then. He's Welcome any time. I do still use them as backup, and diabeta treatment. Damage from Agent Orange! Jim
Last edited by Goofproof on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:12 pm

If you have a Prescription you can get a Machine for a $100 donation to the American Sleep Apnea association.
http://sleepapnea.org/resources/cpap-as ... chine.html