Sore IN nose that won't go away!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ThirdOutOfFive

Re: Sore IN nose that won't go away!!

Post by ThirdOutOfFive » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:07 pm

I like "Ayr" gel, saline based & contains aloe vera. I use it every night, to keep my nostrils from drying out. So far, so good. You can find this at Walgreens, too.

hjc123

Post by hjc123 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:43 am

Going to a doctor is my next step. Anyone interested, look up "nasal vestibulitis" and be sure to read the potentially serious (disfiguring and/or major medical) complications. Not a road down which I care to go!

WELL ITS NOVEMBER AND IM BACK AGAIN! lol...

Post by WELL ITS NOVEMBER AND IM BACK AGAIN! lol... » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi everyone.. ive visited here for 3 years.. yep.. same issue.. each year a little more remedy and a little more relief.. but still never quite goes away..

I advised the Secaris.. and it works.. but its a remedy DURING THSI WHOLE THING.. im still trying to figure out what causes it.. so heres some personal info you may want to relate to...

First off I smoke.. tsk tsk I know.. So if you smoke.. do you smoke ( can) craven A

next.. im a huge tim hortons lover.. yep 18% creme in ever dose.. I drink 3 creme 2 sugar..

next.. I brush like crazy 3-4 times a day.. could we be illergic to toothpaste?? one has to wonder..

next.. last year a tooth broke.. yep a good old tooth I cracked in 2001 eating a WENDYS.. burgar.. so much pain that day I didnt even check what it was I crunched on... i still to today figure some chick lost her diamond in my burgar. or some real sick kid threw a stone in it.

anyhow.. the crack broke half the tooth off last year and I got it fixed. lol dont worry im not a crack head or anti hygien person because i am ! I wash my hands at least 12 times a day.. brush alot. etc..

just trying to find a common factor were all living with..

In the fall.. the leaves fall off the trees.. they blow around on the ground.. in this same time we have pollen.. does anyone on here get dry mouth, dry skin, dryness that time of year.. if so... this could be the start of it all..

With the above mentioned do you get dizziness.?? ok im posting this and adding another this message window is going wonky

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Ok im just going to list the factors..

*I like super HOT showers.
*I Smoke
*I drink coffee
*I SIT at a computer all day everyday.. ( possible affiliation with sitting and its pushing your inners upward.. like some people get acid reflux from tight jeans and sitting or GERD)
*I rent a top floor, I live near train tracks ( diesel? every 3-4 hours??)
*I Leaves outside are rarely raked up
*Ducts appear clean.. but the furnace blows dry stale like air..I feel better with windows cracked a tiny bit during winter.
* I sleep great because I have vents covered in bedroom, and doors always closed.. so its cool in there.
any of you relate so far?? furnace maybe??

* I have a Carbon monoxide detector.. its peak level is .12 meaning it hits that once a day.. maybe furnace air.
* Computer chair.. do you clean yours??

I think we all get this when the leaves fall, and furnaces, and if you blow your nose.. or fuss rubbin your nose.. it just gets worse.
Tenant downstairs blow his nose at least no lie 45 times a day.. old guy so you can hear it lol..

Id love to get this place checked for mold.. but who knows.

Anyhow this place has been my twice a year checkup to see if anyones remedied this issue and still its just stuff that helps live with it.. not prevent it.

zandor

Post by zandor » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Just started (a few weeks) of sore-in-nose malady. I found the setting for the humidifier on the CPAP too low. By increasing to a higher level of moisture, the nasal passages are not as raw from dryness. If you folks don't have a humidifier on the CPAP, I highly recommend one!

Zandor

Post by Zandor » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Update - For those Resmed nose pillow systems... It's critical that you ensure there is a good seal between the pillows and your nostrils! Any pillow leak causes air to continuously blow air into the sinus. This wreaks havoc in your nose - which needs to stay moist. I have had issues with the pillows not putting enough pressure to the nostril to achieve the seal. By making an O of wire (#14 stranded gauge with thin insulation) and placing it in the neck of the pillow, the pillows do not collapse into the holder as easily. The seal works much better and one does not have to have the piece jammed onto the nose. All sorts of benefits are noted. Finally I don't have to fidget with the thing during the night to achieve a seal.

May the CPAP be with you!

--Ron

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Just a word to the wise:
Any sore on a mucus membrane that does not improve or heal within 3-5 days should be seen by a doctor.
Period.

cobra7508

Post by cobra7508 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:38 am

I've had Inside Nose Sores for two years and my Doctor prescribed a ointment that seemed to clear it up, but they came back and I went to The VA ENT clinic and the Surgeon took a Biopsy and sent it to the Lab., I have Cancer in both sides and in my sinuses and brain.
I'm having Surgery next week and it's a very Invasive Surgery....I have a 5i-50 chance of long term survival, please see a ENT Surgeon.

cobra7508

Post by cobra7508 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 am

I've had Inside Nose Sores for two years and my Doctor prescribed a ointment that seemed to clear it up, but they came back and I went to The VA ENT clinic and the Surgeon took a Biopsy and sent it to the Lab., I have Cancer in both sides and in my sinuses and brain.
I'm having Surgery next week and it's a very Invasive Surgery....I have a 5i-50 chance of long term survival, please see a ENT Surgeon.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 pm

If the doctor believes a sore will just go away, and keeps saying that for over 2 weeks,
he is expecting it to go away, all right:
either to a REAL doctor or to the coroner, (edit)--or at least an attorney!.