newbie need help buying CPAP and mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Asian007

newbie need help buying CPAP and mask

Post by Asian007 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:15 pm

I got diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea with an AHI of 38 around 50 days ago. Two weeks ago had the titration study and today I got the report along with the prescription. Sleep MD prescribed a CPCP with pressure of 14 along with a NUANCE PRO MEDIUM PILLOW. I already talked to my insurance and found that they will not pay anything upto first 500 for the CPAP and hence i decided to by everything by myself (although I am a poor international PhD student here in USA). I have been reading this blog whenever i was getting time so kind of familiar with basic stuffs. Can anybody suggest me a CPAP machine with full data recording capability and the website to order? During my titration study i tried a nasal pillow and a nasal mask and found both of were acceptable (not bothered me much).

Advance thanks to everyone

LSAT

Re: newbie need help buying CPAP and mask

Post by LSAT » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 pm

If funds are limited, I suggest going to secondwindcpap.com and looking at their Gently Used Resmed S9 Autoset for $379. They are a very reputable company and the gently used is generally very low hours. Excellent Machine. As far as masks go...try cpap.com. Many of their masks have free return insurance and others have insurance available at a low price.
http://secondwindcpap.com/
https://www.cpap.com/

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:01 pm

The machine LSAT recommended is a fantastic machine at s good price. If you decide on a different machine, make sure the machine you get is data capable. We will help you.

Sheriff

VVV

Post by VVV » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:05 pm

LSAT wrote:I suggest going to secondwindcpap.com and looking at their Gently Used Resmed S9 Autoset for $379. They are a very reputable company and the gently used is generally very low hours. Excellent Machine.
I just bought one of these machines - it is an excellent machine at a good price. They told me all the machines marked "Gently Used" have less than 2000 hours on them. They also have a one-year warranty.
.....................................V

Asian007

Post by Asian007 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Thanks a lot everyone for responding. It looks like the machine you referred is not available on Cpap.com website. I am interested in cpap.com because they offer financing option. Any other options with full data capabilities?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Asian007 wrote:Thanks a lot everyone for responding. It looks like the machine you referred is not available on Cpap.com website. I am interested in cpap.com because they offer financing option. Any other options with full data capabilities?
The Resmed S9 Autoset is available in Pink from cpap.com...This is new with 2 year warranty.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... ifier.html

sc0ttt

Post by sc0ttt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:24 pm

Asian007 wrote:

Sleep MD prescribed a CPCP with pressure of 14 along with a NUANCE PRO MEDIUM PILLOW.

Can anybody suggest me a CPAP machine with full data recording capability and the website to order?

Top one is cheaper, constant (but adjustable) pressure - will meet your prescription and data requirements. Lots of folks (including me) are happy with constant pressure.
Bottom one will auto-adjust your pressure while you sleep; that's really the only difference - most of the folks in here would say that's important.

You'd also want the humidifier, heated hose, and associated power supply - CPAP.com will talk you through that.

Best wishes for your PhD pursuit.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:55 pm

I have this one ... paypal and free shipping to us address

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/hab/5955671377.html
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:18 pm

I have a gently used PR system one 550 Auto with heated Humidifier for $175 shipped Paypal in the USA.
It has 1885 Machine Hours on it.