Is CPAP a Scam?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jtravel

Re: Is CPAP a Scam?

Post by jtravel » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:15 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Some private insurance's are OK with automatic reorders, but with Medicare, it's a federal offence.
Considering the cost of this stuff, likely a FELONY.
Are automatic reorders not allowed under Medicare?
If the patient does not tell them to stop then I would assume they can claim they were only filling the order based on the DR's original order and the best interest on the patients health.
They only had the best intentions of the patient, were following all the rules in place to better serve the patient is the usual nonsense lie you will hear from them when confronted.
Scams against older Americans are attempted on a daily basis.
Many older american's can't comprehend let alone defend against many of them.
Many in my age group were Good Christians and grew up with the belief we could trust our fellow citizens and many have not come to realize we grew up with a total lie.
The Truth is anyone out their is more likely to be lying and trying to scam you than you can possible imagine in today's world.
most are slick talkers and get you to trust them thru lies and disinformation. then they take advantage and steal you blind.
Sadly, That is the America we live in Today.
I know many seniors that received over priced Back and Knee braces thru Medicare after being contacted by phone in a senior Care Facility.
Many were told Medicare would pay but they needed to supply a credit card. many did and were charged when medicare did not pay as the proper forms were not submitted.
The elderly are preyed on by these scammers and most don't have the skills or knowledge to help themselves.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:33 pm

jtravel wrote: Are automatic reorders not allowed under Medicare?
Nope. Auto shipping isn't allowed with Medicare. The patient is supposed to tell the DME that so and so is needed because so and so is worn out and is needing replacing. Auto shipping is specifically addressed in the DME rules and regulations and it's a big no no.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

cpapdude1

Post by cpapdude1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:38 pm

not a scam. my oxygen level was between 60 and 65 percent before I used cpap.

cpap will get you OXYGEN.

oxygen is not a scam.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:05 am

cpapdude1 wrote:not a scam. my oxygen level was between 60 and 65 percent before I used cpap.

oxygen is not a scam.
CPAP doesn't get you oxygen...CPAP helps you breathe which in turn increases your Oxygen level. More breathing = more oxygen.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:16 am

LSAT wrote:
cpapdude1 wrote:not a scam. my oxygen level was between 60 and 65 percent before I used cpap.

oxygen is not a scam.
CPAP doesn't get you oxygen...CPAP helps you breathe which in turn increases your Oxygen level. More breathing = more oxygen.
well said.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:24 am

The Pammy wrote:I received my cpap machine about 18 months ago. I had to seal down the top of the mask with duct tape each night so it wouldn't blow in my eyes. After 3 night I had to throw it away. I also receive boxes of supplies periodically on my front porch. I just take them straight to the trash. In doing my 2016 budget to actuals, I see I was charged for this little scam to the tune of $107 per month. Do you know how I get them to stop? Thanks.
You probably have a lousy cheap medical insurance and the $107 is co-payment.
About the mask leaking into the eyes, most nasal and full face masks do it. Is taping helping you? I usually rub my eyes in the mornings with clear faucet water which seems to clear my eyes but now I am using Fluorometholone drops and Erythromycin ointment because of the itchiness in the eyes. These were prescribed to me by an ophthalmologist.

Last edited by avi123 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:59 pm

avi123 wrote:
About the mask leaking into the eyes, most nasal and full face masks do it. Is taping helping you? I protect my eyes with Fluorometholone drops and Erythromycin ointment.
There are better ways to protect your eyes from leaking air than steroid and antibiotic drops. They are usually used to treat inflamation and infection.
Such as fix the leak, cover the eyes, or use drops/ointment for dry eyes.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 pm

I have neen observed wearing swim goggles--but not the dolphin style.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:23 pm

You don't need no stinkin' CPAP mate. Just get yourself a didgeridoo a kangaroo and throw a shrimp on the bar-b.

http://www.didgeridooforsleepapnea.org/

Goldie54914

Post by Goldie54914 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:04 pm

The pammy, I know when I started CPAP, I thought I would not be able to deal with it. Three years later, I am still using it. It's improved my breathing and my heart rate. I also don't fall asleep on the couch anymore while watching tv.

Next time you get a cpap, don't throw it out. If you have problems with anything, talk to your DME or doctor regarding it. That's what they are there for. Throwing it away isn't good. It's like throwing away money (You spend it or not) in the trash. Regular use of a cpap can prevent heart attacks. CPAP is cheaper than a trip to the emergency room (if you have a heart attack).

But if you're getting supplies, Call the DME and ask them to not send anymore. You can save the company time and expense from shipping parts and supplies to someone who doesn't use their cpap at all.