F&P Brevida

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Stormynights

Re: F&P Brevida

Post by Stormynights » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:53 am

I don't think I would like to try either.

Odog

Post by Odog » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi all, just found this site and thread, early this morning, I have been using an S8 auto score resmad cpap machine, which I've had from new for the last 8 or so years, been using a nasal mask zest I think it is.
Went to get some spares for it, and ended up getting a brevida to try, I was very happy with this new freedom! So returned the trial one to the store, and purchased a new brevida.
Now I'm having trouble with it, starts off with a good seal, but if I turn on my side, it starts to leak, and have dramas trying to get a good seal again, this is constantly waking me through the night, and I'm getting feed up, I've tried using the small fit pillow, which does seem better, but the machine won't shut off, as it must still sense the pressure it the pillow. I'm at my wits end with it, and feel like going back to my old mask... what am I doing wrong.. any help, or thoughts would be great, don't know if I should post on this thread, or should have tried a new thread.. cheers all Owen

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm

Odog wrote:but the machine won't shut off,
What pressure are you using?
I am using the Brevida with my ResMed machine (it's a newer model though) and the SmartStart works fine with it. Starts right up with a breath and stops on its own if I remove the mask...takes maybe 5 seconds.

If it is leaking when you toss and turn...try just a little more tension on those side straps...just a little.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Odog

Post by Odog » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm running it at 10 at the moment. With the large pillow or my old mask, the auto on/off works fine, just seems to be the small pillow, but seem to get a better seal when I tried the smaller.. thought the large would be the go, as I'm 6"3... feel lost, just want a good nights sleep!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Odog wrote: I'm running it at 10 at the moment. With the large pillow or my old mask, the auto on/off works fine,
I am using the small pillow and auto off works but you are using a S8 machine and maybe it just doesn't quite sense things properly with the small pillow which does probably cause a little back pressure.
You just have to manually turn it off I guess. It's not the end of the world to have to reach over and push the button.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Jim, try adding some hot glue to the strap where it sits against your head - they do that all the time to give headbands more grip!

KenM

Post by KenM » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Last night was my first with the Brevida.
Never used a nasal mask before

Slept OK.
Chinstrap left marks (Ruby Red), mask did not
Had a couple leak spikes (suspect from opening my mouth) otherwise was great.
Nose started hurting from being dry. Will turn up the humidifier (was set at 4)
No dry mouth (yes!!!)

Compared to the Simplus or F10, the Brevida is a godsend. No leaks into eyes. no 95% leak rates at 40+. no more waking up looking like I had the crap beat out of me from the red marks on my face. No matter how I tried to adjust the masks, they would leak like a sieve.

Granted I only had the one night with the Brevida but if I can fix the dry nose issue it will be my go-to
DME is supposed to send a Dreamwear, but its Apria so chances are I'll never see it. I bought the Brevida out-of-pocket

yrnkrn

Post by yrnkrn » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:57 am

I've tried the Brevida and encountered a real showstopper. With regular pillows masks, small leaks may go unnoticed as the airflow usually goes out of your face. With the Brevida the nose-enclosing structure redirects such leaks directly into your eyes, which is really uncomfortable.

DaisySmith

Post by DaisySmith » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:26 am

I got the Brevida yesterday after a mask fitting and it was between that and the P10. I chose it because the P10 just felt like it was going to slip and slide all over my head. So my room was super cold and I didnt use a humidifier. It felt really cold and wet in the cushion all night and I didnt want to disturb hubby by pulling it out to dry it (that air whoosh is loud) so I just decided I'll turn up the heat tonight if it's cold again and see if it stays dry. I do think I got a good seal. It moved around a little but Im getting used to it. AHI was 1. I didnt notice a huge improvment over the Dreamwear other than I felt like sleeping on my side didnt produce the air leak problem Dreamwear does.