I have posted this in another thread which was asking if anyone had found a mask better then the P10. I thought I would start a new thread as well since that one doesn't refer to this specific mask. If Admin would like to move this to a more appropriate place please do so.
I am a staunch P10 user but like a lot of others I take issue with the headgear. I use a M pillow in the P10. I was afforded an opportunity to trial a Brevida the last few days and I thought I would post my thoughts on it. Unfortunately the only pillow available was the XS-S one and I am pretty certain i would be better served with the M-L one. Regardless I took it based on the fact I can use the P10 with all 3 pillow sizes with similar results. Here are my first impressions:
- the overall weight is only slightly heavier then the P10. I really don't notice it.
- the actual mask is made of silicon rather then the hard plastic in the P10 and is extremely soft. It actually wraps around and over the tip of your nose making for a great seal.
- the pillows themselves are constructed a bit different from the P10 but are much thinner and way softer then the P10. When positioned properly in your nose they are hardly noticeable. Very comfortable. I sleep on my side and may turn from side to side occasionally but the pillows stay firmly in place.
- the headgear is adjustable and will take most people a bit of time to properly adjust but once you get it right it will be very comfortable. I have to say I prefer it to the P10 although you may find yourself fiddling with it constantly because you can. I don't hate the P10 headgear but one size very seldom fits all and I just find the Brevida much more comfortable. You would be amazed at how loose you can keep this mask and still provide leak free therapy. For the very vane I will say that the headgear leaves no strap marks on my face ( touch wood on that). It was a pleasant surprise but I had similar results with the Simplus from F&P.
- One thing you keep reading about here is the problems people perceive to have with the P10 diffuser. Personally I don't have that problem but for those that do you will love the Brevida in that regard. I am sure many will say that it is not exhausting your breathed air but that is hogwash. The Brevida has a removable/washable filter that covers the diffuser holes on the mask. All you have to do is take the cover off and you will feel the air movement. With the filter on you can hardly notice anything at all, just like the P10. Deadly quiet. The mask can be used with the filter either on or off if you choose and prefer the feel of the moving air. This technology is the same used on F&P Eson2.
- The short hose is a bit shorter on the Brevida then the P10 and I prefer the P10 in that regard. The Brevida swivels 360 degrees but I actually prefer the fixed. I have only used it a few nights so still playing with that when it comes to turning from one side to the other.
I don't know if I missed anything but if you have questions send me a PM and I will edit my thoughts here. I will say I think this mask is every bit as quiet or quieter then the P10 which says a lot. I am a big fan of F&P products and until I tried the P10 I had used nothing else. Both would be considered 5 star with me. Hopefully I can get my hands on the M-L pillows to see if that improves on an already great fit and comfort.