SoClean

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
StellarVision

Re: SoClean

Post by StellarVision » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:Stellar vision: your behavior is very unbecoming of you.

Sheriff
Funny, you have no derision for the other responses to which you are biased towards.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:23 pm

StellarVision wrote:Wow you people are no help and obviously haven't used it.

I've been using it for the past 10 months and it absolutely does work. It DISINFECTS your CPAP assembly with Ozone (a.k.a. Activated Oxygen) so that you only have to wash it with soap and water every month or so. I have direct experience with and without the SoClean. Before, my lungs became severely itchy after a week without washing the tubes due to the inevitable growth of harmful microbes. The itching is a histamine reaction due to all of those foreign microbes, and a bad sign if you don't get it under control. Cycling Ozone through the tubes daily beats these microbes down, protecting your lungs from infection.

So yes. Worth every penny.
There are tons of reviews stating people's masks and other parts have turned yellow and brown and are emitting nasty odors after using the SoClean. You couldn't pay ME to do that and put my health at risk.

Try reading more than paid reviews on the web. Actual experts in respiratory therapy and commercial ozone use all say it's a waste of money at best.

Positive pressure therapy has been used for decades and there hasn't been a need for this device. Neither ResMed or Phillips Respironics, the leaders in the industry, recommend using these types of products or even talk about them.

One product that actually does something, but is obviously a waste of money, is the hurricane CPAP equipment drier. At least it works and costs half the amount the SoRetarded costs.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

StellarVision

Post by StellarVision » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:04 pm

raisedfist wrote:There are tons of reviews stating people's masks and other parts have turned yellow and brown and are emitting nasty odors after using the SoClean. You couldn't pay ME to do that and put my health at risk.

Try reading more than paid reviews on the web. Actual experts in respiratory therapy and commercial ozone use all say it's a waste of money at best.

Positive pressure therapy has been used for decades and there hasn't been a need for this device. Neither ResMed or Phillips Respironics, the leaders in the industry, recommend using these types of products or even talk about them.

One product that actually does something, but is obviously a waste of money, is the hurricane CPAP equipment drier. At least it works and costs half the amount the SoRetarded costs.
All I can say is that from my experience it hasn't discolored my Airfit P10 at all. If I went more than a week prior without washing the equipment I began to suffer upper respiratory irritation. With the SoClean, none of that. Same routine otherwise.

If you aren't experiencing respiratory problems like that or are ok with washing the tubes regularly, then you don't need it. I realize my first post was overly exuberant, but like I said I have tested it first-hand and have found it to yield tangible results for me.

It's certainly reasonable to have some healthy skepticism about these things, but my plan was to just return it if it didn't meet expectations. I'm happy with mine, but to each his or her own.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:49 pm

As for me all I have is my dirty germ laden $300 in my billfold and half a bottle of Dawn by my sink.

My new room a\c, puts ozone into the bedroom, I don't know why I would need it, but I have never turned it on. Jim

I use 02 in the room, I don't want them fighting and waking me up.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:10 am

The SoClean is an ozone generator - it circulates ozone (which has a very distinctive smell) through the mask and hose. Please read what the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has to say about the health effects of ozone as linked below.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105364&p=1112499#p1112499

viewtopic/t114810/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1 ... 5#p1112815

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:04 am

Stellar: It is a general consensus here that SoClean is a rip off. We were asked, and we answered. Don't let it ruin your life. Move on!

Sheriff

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:06 am

You are very wise!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:02 pm

Yes, the Sheriff is wise.
The truth may be painful if it is not what one likes, but it is still the truth.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:57 pm

yaconsult wrote:The SoClean is an ozone generator - it circulates ozone (which has a very distinctive smell) through the mask and hose. Please read what the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has to say about the health effects of ozone as linked below.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105364&p=1112499#p1112499

viewtopic/t114810/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1 ... 5#p1112815
The ozone shouldn't be a problem. You hook it up to your equipment and it recirculates the ozone containing air through the mask, hose, and water tank. It generates ozone slowly and only gets a high concentration from recirculating the ozone. Only a fairly small volume of air gets ozonated. There should only be a small amount of ozone escaping into the room air, since it's a nearly sealed system. It only runs for a short period of time, so it can't leak that much ozone into the room. Most people won't use it when they're in the bedroom anyway, so any ozone would be highly diluted by bed time.

Then, at the end of the cycle, it has something to destroy the ozone. You're supposed to leave the CPAP machine and hose attached to the SoClean for two hours after the cleaning cycle for the ozone to break down.

Also, in case it's unclear, you don't use the SoClean while you're using the CPAP. You turn off the CPAP, then hook the CPAP up to the SoClean for a few hours.

Even if you didn't break down the ozone, once you start using the CPAP, the CPAP machine blows air fast enough that it would quickly dissipate any ozone. Ozone would also smell strongly enough that you would quickly smell it. If it concerns you, turn the machine on for a few seconds before you put on the mask.

Note that I'm not saying SoClean does or doesn't work. I'm just pointing out that it's unlikely to pose an ozone hazard to the patient when used as directed. And you'd have to try pretty hard to used it in a way that exposed you to a lot of ozone.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

flightco

Post by flightco » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 pm

turtle wrote:Has anyone used a SoClean machine? Is it worth the price?
People say the SoClean does not clean, it is not true. Purchase one and check your bank account, it will be cleaned of 300.00. If that is all you have, you can say it cleans at 100%

flightco

Post by flightco » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm

I've been using it for the past 10 months and it absolutely does work. It DISINFECTS your CPAP assembly with Ozone (a.k.a. Activated Oxygen) so that you only have to wash it with soap and water every month or so. I have direct experience with and without the SoClean. Before, my lungs became severely itchy after a week without washing the tubes due to the inevitable growth of harmful microbes. The itching is a histamine reaction due to all of those foreign microbes, and a bad sign if you don't get it under control. Cycling Ozone through the tubes daily beats these microbes down, protecting your lungs from infection.

I haven't read to the end yet and no doubt you have already been told how foolish you are. How do you know it has killed anything? Have you done a swab and cultured it? Did you do this before hand to see what the difference is? Do you think it cleans? Where do you think the stuff it cleaned went since this is a recirculating system?

flightco

Post by flightco » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:02 pm

StellarVision wrote:
Julie wrote:Do you get kickbacks from the company for your utter nonsense notes?

What foreign microbes? The ones that circulate in your room all day and night? The ones you breathe all day without Cpap?

Garbage!
Excuse you? Don't you DARE ever accuse me of being some paid corporate stooge. Who the fuck are you? Have you actually used one of these for any length of time? No. Clearly you haven't.

Oh but who am I kidding, of course you're right. Let's just believe this asinine dipshit and her biased dismissals based on speculation and conspiracy theories.

No way microbes can colonize overtime in a moisture rich tube filled with stagnant air for sixteen hours a day; that's just like the air circulating around the rest of the room! You're a genius.
OMG, you really are a paid stooge, we get you guys here quite often

flightco

Post by flightco » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 pm

StellarVision wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Most of the SoClean fans are either on the payroll
or have not yet come to terms with the fact that
THEY HAVE BEEN SCREWED.
Commercial ozone processes use far greater concentrations than would ever be permitted in a home environment.
The amount of ozone produced by SoClean is small enough to be "safe" for use by your average dumbass.
This dilution is also safe for the "foreign" microbes, but just enough to sell this junk to those same dumbasses.
Except dumbasses like you fail to provide any evidence for your claims. Keep it up.
There has been a ton of evidence presented here, you simply have not bothered to search old posts or do anything but try to justify you were screwed out of 300.00

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:20 pm

I wonder how much the troll gets paid for each imaginative post . . .

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:40 pm

So, obviously there are hundreds here that don't use this stupid machine that should have lung disease.