MIKE LINDELL

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lathnos46

Re: MIKE LINDELL

Post by lathnos46 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:50 pm

I saw yesterday that these pillows are sold in Bed, Bath and Beyond. I felt of it and it did not feel like it was such a great deal. I also loathe the commercial he runs ad nauseum. Glad those ads will disappear off the TV.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 pm

jnk... wrote:
avi123 wrote:So God speaks English!
I thought about responding to that, but then I decided that I could only do so in a language that you do not understand.
+1
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:18 pm

At this point, I would like to recommend Sleepguy's awesome pillow.
CPAPfit / Form-Fit Pillow available on Amazon or pur-sleep.com.
Not cheap either, but worth every penny!
And Bret cares enough to do it right. A quilted cover quiets the crunch of buckwheat hulls.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:49 pm

jnk... wrote:
avi123 wrote:So God speaks English!
I thought about responding to that, but then I decided that I could only do so in a language that you do not understand.
I think I understood what you said

PEF

Post by PEF » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:18 pm

I was one of the fools who fell for the my pillows. Originally, I got 2 for $99. They were really awful, but my husband can use his. He is not fussy about pillows. The company was HORRIBLE to deal with. I kept after them for another pillow and they kept deleting my request in their system. Finally, just because I bothered them so much, I got them to send me one of their biggest sized pillows with the most foam. I actually like that one, so at least we can use 2 of the 3 I ultimately got for my $99. I would not advise anyone to deal with this awful company and NEVER go by their sizing guide. I honestly don't know how he got away with it as long as he did. It is a real rip-off.

But I also have to say that think the buckwheat pillows are beyond awful. Hard as a rock - I woke up with pain in my head and ear.

schmatt

Post by schmatt » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:Reminds me of the select comfort sleep number beds. Hundreds of dollars for a rubber bladder, a few pieces of foam and small electric air pump.
Yet to this day select comfort has a BBB rating of A+, despite a consumer review rating of 2% positive and a massive 95% negative. And hundred of complaints
I have a select comfort bed and love it. I've heard nothing but good things from others I've talked to as well. I don't know where you are getting your information, but I'm not so sure it is accurate.

Btw, all it takes to keep a good BBB rating is to respond to customer complaints. But if the company can't even be bothered to do this, it is obviously a company to stay away from.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:21 pm

At some point, I will be looking for a good knockoff of the inflatable bed.
I hear they do exist, and are an excellent value.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 pm

avi123 wrote:. . .

So God speaks English!

!לא, אלוהים מדבר עברית בלבד

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:38 pm

D.H. wrote:
avi123 wrote:. . .

So God speaks English!

!לא, אלוהים מדבר עברית בלבד

Two thumbs up!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:41 pm

By the way... saw another one of his commercials on TV this afternoon. I was surprised but I guess I shouldn't have been.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

WRX03

Post by WRX03 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:46 am

chunkyfrog wrote:At some point, I will be looking for a good knockoff of the inflatable bed.
I hear they do exist, and are an excellent value.
If you find one let me know. The wife and I are night and day on bed firmness.

Mikaghan

Post by Mikaghan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:05 am

I bought one of these pillows about three years ago before all the commercial hype. I was having chronic stiff neck and my medical people recommended I get a better pillow - didn't recommend any particular one. So I went to Bed, Bath & B and bought one of the "my pillow" for $50 bucks - no 2 for one stuff back then. I have used it ever since - It has worked great - stiff neck gone, washed & dried it several times. shapes to give me the support for the position I choose - laying on back, side, stomach. - helps my P10 pillow stay in place without large leaks, stays cool - no sweating. Don't know about all the "he said, she said", BBB - F rating, drug addict stuff. I do know from experience that I bought one for a reasonable price and it has worked great for me for over three years...just sayin!

schmatt

Post by schmatt » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:26 am

I don't think the BBB rating is necessarily a reflection on the product more than a reflection on the company's customer service. I doubt that this pillow would still be around if everyone hated it. There's a reason why there are so many different options out there. Everyone has a different preference on what they find comfortable.

loghouse

Post by loghouse » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:23 am

Uncle_Bob wrote:Reminds me of the select comfort sleep number beds. Hundreds of dollars for a rubber bladder, a few pieces of foam and small electric air pump.
Yet to this day select comfort has a BBB rating of A+, despite a consumer review rating of 2% positive and a massive 95% negative. And hundred of complaints

My wife and I got one of the early Sleep Number beds in my never-ending quest for sleep. We used it for almost 2 years, wanting to like it because it was so costly. Sleep Number even offered a couple of "fixes" for the biggest issue (both of us ending up squished together in the middle after the divider broke down). We both ended up hating the damn thing. It's in our guest room now, where about 1/2 of the guests that have used it like it. I wouldn't recommend Sleep Number to anyone. Ever.

I've been sleeping in a hammock made of parachute material (a Trek Light Double) since June. Amazingly comfortable. No pressure points. Length of sleep went up dramatically, but quality sleep quality apparently sucked (hence the sleep study showing AHI of 54). Now been on CPAP since early November. Most of the time I sleep like a rock.

Anyway, never tried a Mike Lindell pillow. Saw the commercials. Looked like a scam. Maybe I'm getting wiser as I age . . .

schmatt

Post by schmatt » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:33 am

Sounds like they must have had an issue with this in the early models. My wife and I bought ours about 2 years ago. We have never had this issue. In fact we haven't had any issues. Plus, I realized, through the ability to adjust firmess, that I need a much firmer bed to sleep better. I've always gone for soft matresses in the past, because they always felt more comfortable.

To each their own. I'm sure it is not the right choice for everyone. Always good to only buy one that has a trial period, so you don't have to commit the big bucks before you are sure it is right for you.