Anyone found a nasal pillow mask they like better than P10?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JimP

Anyone found a nasal pillow mask they like better than P10?

Post by JimP » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:43 am

I'm getting ready to order another P10 mask and thought I'd ask if anyone has found some other nasal pillow mask that they like better than the P10.

The only issue I have on the P10 is the vents seem to block up after time and cleaning them doesn't always restore them. That's when I start making my own vent holes with a needle. There's got to be a better way.

rohdej

Re: Anyone found a nasal pillow mask they like better than P10?

Post by rohdej » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:09 am

No, but as far as cleaning the vent on the P10.
Dental water pick is messy with the back splash of water hitting the vents.
Effervescent Denture tablets. I shove 2-3 masks without the headgear or pillows in a quart jar with 3-4 tablets. I like the mint some think it is too strong.
Hot water dawn dish soap.
Compressed air with the straw for drying. The stuff you use with computers to blow the dust.

For me it is the head gear that stretches. But now with a ponytail I find that even that is less bothersome.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:25 am

Never found a better mask. Do you wash the pillows ever day and the mask every week? Never had any issue with vents blocking.

JimP

Post by JimP » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:03 am

englandsf wrote:Never found a better mask. Do you wash the pillows ever day and the mask every week? Never had any issue with vents blocking.
Sometimes I'll clean daily then other times weekly.

How long have you had your current P10?

Seems like I've had my current one for about a year and a half.

mw757

Post by mw757 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:14 pm

I've been using a F&P Brevida mask for about a month. It replaces my P10 and so far I prefer it. My leak rate is consistently lower, there's less pressure on my nose and the strap is adjustable. I'm a side sleeper and the Brevida seems to shift around less.

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:11 pm

mw757 wrote:I've been using a F&P Brevida mask for about a month. It replaces my P10 and so far I prefer it. My leak rate is consistently lower, there's less pressure on my nose and the strap is adjustable. I'm a side sleeper and the Brevida seems to shift around less.
That's odd, cpap.com doesn't carry seem to carry it. I wonder why.

France

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:18 pm

frapilu wrote:
mw757 wrote:I've been using a F&P Brevida mask for about a month. It replaces my P10 and so far I prefer it. My leak rate is consistently lower, there's less pressure on my nose and the strap is adjustable. I'm a side sleeper and the Brevida seems to shift around less.

France
They don't carry it because it is not available in the USA as yet. It is however available in Canada.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:46 am

This is the new brevida mask, https://www.fphcare.co.nz/brevida/

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

jagzoo

Post by jagzoo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Wonder when this is due to be available in the USA. Like the looks of it.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:02 am

Yeah, like the adjustable head strap, that has potential *smile*. And it seems to have a quieter diffuser, that's good, too. Like to try it. But I agree, don't see it in the US yet.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:25 am

I love the P10, but it bruises my nose. The straps just aren't long enough for my head. I find the Swift FX to be equally as good (without bruising my nose) but it had a tendency to ride up the back of my head at night. No longer does so since my new haircut though. I love the Dreamwear, but it is leaky.

I also tried a variety of ways to clean that mesh. I don't want to buy the tooth cleaner thing just for this, so I'll just use up the supplies I have and move back permanently to the Swift FX. The Swift FX annoyed my cat because it blows harder since it doesn't have the P10's diffuser mesh - this can also make it more annoying when you sleep on your side and it blows on the sheets.

It would be easier to be able to replace the frame more frequently, but I cannot get the Lincare Warehouse to understand that Medicare allows a replacement frame every 3 months. They INSIST that this is not true - it's part of the mask so one every 6 months.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

Paul_H

Post by Paul_H » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:31 pm

I really like my P10 but I have a fairly consistently high leak rate, which for some reason has increased over the 2+ years I've used it (new pillows, so they are not to blame). Have you experienced a significantly lower leak rate? I see I can buy these in Canada, but they are twice the price of the P10, at least at the supplier I've been using, which does not yet carry this mask.

Thanks for any info.

Paul_H

Post by Paul_H » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:43 pm

TonyG wrote:
frapilu wrote:

France
They don't carry it because it is not available in the USA as yet. It is however available in Canada.
Hi Tony:

Greetings from Vancouver Island. I'm interested in this mask if it will reduce my leak rate. The only place I can find that sells this mask in Canada is CPAP Clinic in Toronto (https://www.cpapclinic.ca/). The dealer I normally use, Canada CPAP Supply (http://canadacpapsupply.com/) does not yet carry them. CPAP Clinic prices seem a lot higher than Canada CPAP Supply (they sell the P10 for $175 vs $108 - both are advertised as sale prices, but $108 has been the price at Canada CPAP Supply for over 2 years now).

Can you suggest any other dealers in Canada who might carry the Brevida?

Thanks,

Paul

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:03 pm

You might try this at amazon...Pilairo...
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... +cpap+mask

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Paul_H wrote:
TonyG wrote:
frapilu wrote:

France
Hi Tony:

Greetings from Vancouver Island. I'm interested in this mask if it will reduce my leak rate. The only place I can find that sells this mask in Canada is CPAP Clinic in Toronto (https://www.cpapclinic.ca/). The dealer I normally use, Canada CPAP Supply (http://canadacpapsupply.com/) does not yet carry them. CPAP Clinic prices seem a lot higher than Canada CPAP Supply (they sell the P10 for $175 vs $108 - both are advertised as sale prices, but $108 has been the price at Canada CPAP Supply for over 2 years now).

Can you suggest any other dealers in Canada who might carry the Brevida?

Paul

THis is the best price I have found.... https://sleepapneasolutions.ca/masks/fi ... el-brevida The link won't show you the price until you set up an account but fyi it is $115.00.
It is a $148 here https://www.cpapmachines.ca/collections ... llow-masks