Reccomend a mouth piece.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Chris333

Reccomend a mouth piece.

Post by Chris333 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:30 am

I have a slight overbite and no matter what I do I open my mouth at night. If I use the full mask I wake in the middle of the night with a dry mouth. If I use a chinstrap and pillows my mouth stays shut, but not my lips and air leaks out also waking me up. I don't even care about the leak or dry mouth, but I'd rather not wake up in the middle of the night.

So I want to try a boil and bit mouth guard, but a lot of them I look at have breathing holes in them. That would defeat the purpose for me. What brand name should I get that doesn't have holes?

Thanks
Chris

Wulfman...

Re: Reccomend a mouth piece.

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:01 pm

Chris333 wrote:I have a slight overbite and no matter what I do I open my mouth at night. If I use the full mask I wake in the middle of the night with a dry mouth. If I use a chinstrap and pillows my mouth stays shut, but not my lips and air leaks out also waking me up. I don't even care about the leak or dry mouth, but I'd rather not wake up in the middle of the night.

So I want to try a boil and bit mouth guard, but a lot of them I look at have breathing holes in them. That would defeat the purpose for me. What brand name should I get that doesn't have holes?

Thanks
Chris
Just go to a sporting goods store or department in a big box store and look for a cheap football-type mouth guard. I wouldn't think it should have to be a boil and bite type.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

tan

Re: Reccomend a mouth piece.

Post by tan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Chris333 wrote:I have a slight overbite and no matter what I do I open my mouth at night. If I use the full mask I wake in the middle of the night with a dry mouth
partial(vertical application) or complete mouth taping with a piece of 2in waterproof tape with full face has stopped the issue of both dry mouth and waking up in the middle of the night. Neither chinstrap nor collar has worked for me, but other people report positive feedback