Two new Resmed Masks---coming soon?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Two new Resmed Masks---coming soon?

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Just noted on Medgadget: pictures of the upcoming N20 and F20 masks by Resmed.
Not much info yet, but maybe somebody knows more?

palerider

Re: Two new Resmed Masks---coming soon?

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:28 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Just noted on Medgadget: pictures of the upcoming N20 and F20 masks by Resmed.
Not much info yet, but maybe somebody knows more?
I posted a summary from the FDA approval a while back, let me see if I can find it.

thank you google: viewtopic/t113588/Airfit-F20--N20.html#p1096701

(the forum 'search' ignores short words, like n20 f20, but google etc using "site:cpaptalk.com f20 n20" in a search works great.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Looking forward to hearing more.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

puglover333

Post by puglover333 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:36 pm

The N20 looks a lot like the Wisp.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:40 pm

F & P has the new nasal pillow mask called the Brevida. Available right now only in Australia and New Zealand but will eventually make it's way here.
https://www.fphcare.co.nz/brevida/

I am not interested in a nasal cushion or full face mask but I think the Brevida looks interesting so I will probably give it a shot when it comes to the US. I'm long past due for a new mask experiment...the last one I did was the ResMed P10.
I am getting bored.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:18 pm

Pugsy wrote:F & P has the new nasal pillow mask called the Brevida. Available right now only in Australia and New Zealand but will eventually make it's way here.
https://www.fphcare.co.nz/brevida/

I am not interested in a nasal cushion or full face mask but I think the Brevida looks interesting so I will probably give it a shot when it comes to the US. I'm long past due for a new mask experiment...the last one I did was the ResMed P10.
I am getting bored.
It looks so much like the Pilairo Q only it has different sizes of seals available and the Pilairo Q has more adjustment in the headgear. A cross between the two may have really been a winner.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:32 pm

Stormynights wrote: It looks so much like the Pilairo Q only it has different sizes of seals available and the Pilairo Q has more adjustment in the headgear. A cross between the two may have really been a winner.
I never tried the Pilairo Q...only the very first Pilairo with the universal headgear and all that and long before they added the diffuser thingy. It was okay but I didn't fall in love with it and didn't have any desire to try the improved "Q".
One of my problems with the Pilairo was the size of the cushion pillow thing. While it was comfortable enough I always felt like it was covering half my face. I know it wasn't but that's what it felt like to me after using ResMed nasal pillows (I think back then it was the Swift FX).

The Brevida may end up feeling like it covers half my face too.
I have learned that sometimes things don't always end up like I think they will so if I find something interesting then I figure might as well try it. I always learn something...even if all it is ends up being how much of a mistake that experiment was and how much I hate the darn thing.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:54 pm

The Pilairo made my nose sweat and I didn't like that but there are times when my P10 just aggravates the crap out of me even though it is still my favorite so I need a backup mask for when I would otherwise just sit up all night.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Resmed masks in my experience cost too much to maintain. The pillows (silicone) breaks down too fast. I will never purchase another resmed mask.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:Resmed masks in my experience cost too much to maintain. The pillows (silicone) breaks down too fast. I will never purchase another resmed mask.
Sorry you feel that way. Last month was the 1 year anniversary for 1 Small P10 nasal pillow. I haven't even been rotating it like I have done with others in the past. Still using the one pillow and looks and feels good and seals just fine. I do realize that others aren't so lucky for whatever reason.

Just goes to show that mask life is highly individual just like pretty much every other thing with cpap therapy comes with that big YMMV sticker.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:31 pm

Pugsy wrote:
noise wrote:Resmed masks in my experience cost too much to maintain. The pillows (silicone) breaks down too fast. I will never purchase another resmed mask.
Sorry you feel that way. Last month was the 1 year anniversary for 1 Small P10 nasal pillow. I haven't even been rotating it like I have done with others in the past. Still using the one pillow and looks and feels good and seals just fine. I do realize that others aren't so lucky for whatever reason.
indeed. I'm at two years on a p10 pillow, I tried a new one recently and couldn't tell any difference in performance, or leaks, so I put the old one back on.

I also used the same mirage quattro pillow for about four years, I'd bought a spare when I started, because of comments like the one quoted above, I expected it to fall apart in no time, so ... four years of use and weekly washings in hot water and dawn later, it was still working when I switched to the p10. the spare never got opened.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:10 pm

Sorry, in light of these numbers, I'm sticking with the mask I have.

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:21 pm

To me, all comes to the same; straps on your face making lasting marks for lots of hours.

I don't understand why no one has designed something similar to the deceased Headrest or why somebody didn't buy the right to produce the Headrest again. I know the ask is not a beauty but the idea is there.

Rosie

ps the reason is maybe because one cushion can last one year