DME remote access

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sonnyboy

Re: DME remote access

Post by Sonnyboy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:15 pm

bwexler wrote:I had Moe's surgery on my nose a few months ago. I use the Circadian ce Sleepweaver Elan nasal mask.
I never missed a night.
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I just watched the Leftylanky youtube presentation.
For me, it looks like the top ridge of this mask is getting too close to the lesion??
Lefty places the mask midway over his nose.

Also, the surgeon says he does not want air pressure disrupting the wound tissue. Was air flow over your surgical site an issue for you?
Did your wound extend into the nostril? My pressure is set at 11.

klv329

Post by klv329 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:47 pm

grayghost4 wrote:link to disable modem :

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... irsense-10

if you have more questions .. ask
Is it possible to switch out the computer board to a lower hour machine, like an aircurve 10 asv computer board to a aircurve VAuto machine?

I should qualify that questiin with....without soldering?

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:06 pm

klv329 wrote:
Is it possible to switch out the computer board to a lower hour machine, like an aircurve 10 asv computer board to a aircurve VAuto machine?

First you need to learn how to use an online forum.

1. Do not ask an unrelated question in a thread. start a new thread instead.
2. Do not resurrect old (6 months or older) thread.
3. If you are really serious about getting help, register as a user on the forum.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 pm

klv329 wrote:

yes, but it'd likely make more sense to just switch out the air module (the part with the moving parts in it) unless you just wanted a machine that said one thing on the outside but was something else on the inside.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

klv329

Post by klv329 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 pm

palerider wrote:
klv329 wrote:

yes, but it'd likely make more sense to just switch out the air module (the part with the moving parts in it) unless you just wanted a machine that said one thing on the outside but was something else on the inside.
Thanks. I picked up a cheap used airsense elite to practice and learn with. The last time I opened an aircurve it seemwd that it was a lot more complicated than the s9 machines.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:52 pm

klv329 wrote:Thanks. I picked up a cheap used airsense elite to practice and learn with. The last time I opened an aircurve it seemwd that it was a lot more complicated than the s9 machines.
well, they did squeeze all the s9 stuff into a smaller package.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
klv329 wrote:

First you need to learn how to use an online forum.

1. Do not ask an unrelated question in a thread. start a new thread instead.
2. Do not resurrect old (6 months or older) thread.
3. If you are really serious about getting help, register as a user on the forum.
And in less than a month you too can boss people around - even if you can't recognize a registered forum member when you reply to one.

Where do I sign up?

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:49 pm

This is an old thread, but I just had Mohs surgery on my nose, so I thought that I'd comment. I've not used cpap for almost 4 weeks now...but I've got a pretty low AHI sleeping on my side, around 4. So I've been doing that for about the last month. My wife isn't seeing any problems currently, so I guess that I'm doing okay...she's the one who originally sent me for a sleep study for stopping breathing at night, so I value her input *smile*. Apparently I'm not snoring or stopping breathing when she's awake...probably also related to losing 40 lbs. in the last year or two *smile*. But cpap is still in my indefinite future, according to a recent sleep study.

When I restart cpap in a couple of days, I'm expecting to use the TAP PAP nasal pillow mask, which has no gear on the outside of one's nose. Just the nasal pillows inside the nose. I did try it for a few minutes a couple of days ago to see what was what and it worked fine, no pain or visible skin trauma, but I'm sort of committed to laying off cpap for a month *smile*. I realize that this isn't an option for everyone. The TAP PAP has been my "go to" mask since I started having nose "lesion" problems some time ago.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to when I can resume with the FX or P10 nasal pillow mask...probably a few months downstream. Still a lot of resolution of surgical scarring to go. They say that things get pretty much resolved as they're going to get without cosmetic surgery in 12-18 months. I don't need to wait that long for going back to a reasonable nasal pillow mask, though.