List of CPAP Repair Companies.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Re: List of CPAP Repair Companies.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:36 am

chunkyfrog wrote:The font size can be set in your computer settings, affecting everything YOU read, no matter who wrote it.
that is true. maybe you and pr can set the font size for each poster so they will fit your requirements or change your settings so everything you read is in your preferred size

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:49 am

Guest wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:The font size can be set in your computer settings, affecting everything YOU read, no matter who wrote it.
that is true. maybe you and pr can set the font size for each poster so they will fit your requirements or change your settings so everything you read is in your preferred size
Would that it were possible.
The settings are on the COMPUTER, often under "text", or even "accessibility".
Of course, if you cannot operate your own computer, GUEST, perhaps you should get your mom to buy more crayons.
{{{Remember, neither PR nor myself was the first to gripe about the OP's font size.}}}

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:12 am

chunkyfrog wrote:{{{Remember, neither PR nor myself was the first to gripe about the OP's font size.}}}
while I do remember tho it does seem like you both want to be the solution to all forum posts which are not really problems but just something to whine about that neither has any control over

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Of course, if you cannot operate your own computer, GUEST, perhaps you should get your mom to buy more crayons.
{{{Remember, neither PR nor myself was the first to gripe about the OP's font size.}}}
the child's rants never have any basis in reality, you know that

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Julie wrote:Please do not write again in huge black letters - makes it extremely difficult to read and in computer culture is tantamount to screaming at people. Awful!
It's ordinary text that is in a larger font. Why is this an issue so important to you that you must complain about it? It was easy to read.

Note: All caps is hard to read and considered screaming. Enlarged text? Nope.

In addition to what was already listed, some DMEs also provide repair services on site for xpap (and other medical devices). Unfortunately, I have found that some may misinterpret the rules and state that they cannot do repairs unless you have a prescription for that device. This is total nonsense, but it's impossible to fight. What they CAN'T do is change the setttings - there is no rule that says they can't repair a machine. Oxygen machines may be the exception as there is a fair amount of separate regulation for those.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:26 pm

SewTired wrote:In addition to what was already listed, some DMEs also provide repair services on site for xpap (and other medical devices). Unfortunately, I have found that some may misinterpret the rules and state that they cannot do repairs unless you have a prescription for that device. This is total nonsense, but it's impossible to fight. What they CAN'T do is change the setttings - there is no rule that says they can't repair a machine. Oxygen machines may be the exception as there is a fair amount of separate regulation for those.
it's highly unlikely that any DME is going to provide repair services. it's much more likely that they'll take your unit, drop it in a box, and ship it off to one of the above named companies.... and charge you more for the privilege.

and, even if they did, should you trust them with their "repair services"?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:38 pm

Enlarged text, often called big type, is a welcome feature of many magazines' accessible issues.
Reader's Digest comes to mind . . .

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:24 pm

palerider wrote:
SewTired wrote:In addition to what was already listed, some DMEs also provide repair services on site for xpap (and other medical devices). Unfortunately, I have found that some may misinterpret the rules and state that they cannot do repairs unless you have a prescription for that device. This is total nonsense, but it's impossible to fight. What they CAN'T do is change the setttings - there is no rule that says they can't repair a machine. Oxygen machines may be the exception as there is a fair amount of separate regulation for those.
it's highly unlikely that any DME is going to provide repair services. it's much more likely that they'll take your unit, drop it in a box, and ship it off to one of the above named companies.... and charge you more for the privilege.

and, even if they did, should you trust them with their "repair services"?
I would tend to agree with you on this Palerider, but the DME my brother is going back to provides on site repair, sending it out only if there are parts that they can't otherwise get (i.e. they can't get circuit boards for Resmed Airsense due to Resmed restrictions). He had this DME before Medicare started the bid thing - great service for a decade (my Dad had them for his oxygen). Repairs are covered by Medicare only for your current machine - they already gave us a quote to repair my brother's older Respironics machine, so he can use it as a backup. It doesn't have accurate pressure any more. Anyway, that is why I said SOME, but I appreciate your reminding me of the fact that it is typically cheaper to just send your unit directly to a repair place since most DMEs just pack it in a box and send it to the same 2 or 3 places, then charge you a lot more to get their cut.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

WRX03

Post by WRX03 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:01 am

Sir NoddinOff wrote:Thanks for the list WRX03. Just curious from the preamble to your post - what kind of work do you do?
I'm a CBET, certified biomedical equipment tech. I worked 16 years for hospitals, repairing anything from lasers to infusion pumps. My main time was spent in Respiratory Care. Respiratory Care is where I meet my wife who is a college professor in > Resp. Care. Now I work for a company with a few different patient care involvements, one being DME's. I do their electronic equipment repair, one being PAP's.

That's my story and I'm sticky to it.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:08 pm

WRX03 wrote:
Sir NoddinOff wrote:Thanks for the list WRX03. Just curious from the preamble to your post - what kind of work do you do?
I'm a CBET, certified biomedical equipment tech. I worked 16 years for hospitals, repairing anything from lasers to infusion pumps. My main time was spent in Respiratory Care. Respiratory Care is where I meet my wife who is a college professor in > Resp. Care. Now I work for a company with a few different patient care involvements, one being DME's. I do their electronic equipment repair, one being PAP's.

Thanks for the personal info... there's lots of good technical advice here on CPAPtalk, however it's nice to have someone onboard who's professionally involved with CPAP/medical device repair work.
As you've probably noticed, it's an non-moderated forum so things can get a bit choppy from time to time, just try to roll with it.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:As you've probably noticed, it's an non-moderated forum
better that than a forum moderated down be appropriate for an 8 year old, and being unable to mention the name of any business. (or other cpap forums)

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:45 pm

WRX03 wrote:

Cute response WRXO3.
I'm sure many appreciated the humor.

...and thanks for the info!
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:02 pm

palerider wrote:
better that than a forum moderated down be appropriate for an 8 year old, and being unable to mention the name of any business. (or other cpap forums)
as you can see the down side of an unmoderated forum is characters like pailrider et al who take advantage and act like they own (read that as bully) the site and the people who visit
you will be happy to know they have no authority just more time than common sense, decency, or respect all added together
did i miss just as rude as all gettout
you can tell not only they are not sleeping well but not happy with themselves either

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Guest wrote:
palerider wrote:
as you can see the down side of an unmoderated forum is characters like pailrider et al who take advantage and act like they own (read that as bully) the site and the people who visit
you will be happy to know they have no authority just more time than common sense, decency, or respect all added together
did i miss just as rude as all gettout
you can tell not only they are not sleeping well but not happy with themselves either
as you can see, the downside of an unmoderated forum is children like whoever is hiding behind 'guest', helping no-one, just taking potshots from his mom's basement.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:16 am

SewTired wrote:If you have a DME, many of them can get your machine repaired as well. Unfortunately, many mis-interpret the rules and think they can only repair the machines of those who are already patients (i.e. have a current prescription with them). To change settings, yes they do, but you aren't asking them to change the settings, you are asking them to repair the machine!
I amused myself a couple of years ago by calling up my DME, to whom I was paying a stupid charge every six months for a "service contract," and asking them to install the firmware upgrade that I knew was available. They behaved as I had asked them to graft a live kitten onto my neck. I can only imagine what would have happened had I asked them for a repair.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke