cm range on autoset

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gasparama

cm range on autoset

Post by gasparama » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:30 pm

This has been covered, but I had no success using the search feature. I picked up my New AirSense today. The cm range was 4 to 20. I set my S9 auto with a range of 3 below and 3 above the titrated level. Does the range matter? What is your preferred range around you level? I've ordered the clinician's manual.

palerider

Re: cm range on autoset

Post by palerider » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:57 pm

gasparama wrote:This has been covered, but I had no success using the search feature. I picked up my New AirSense today. The cm range was 4 to 20. I set my S9 auto with a range of 3 below and 3 above the titrated level. Does the range matter? What is your preferred range around you level? I've ordered the clinician's manual.
try using google next time, put site:cpaptalk.com in the search query.

"the level" is nothing more than a sometimes decent place to start. often wrong, due to the inherent limitations of titration studies.

proper adjustment of an auto machine requires evaluating what the data from the machine shows over time.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:09 pm

gasparama wrote:This has been covered, but I had no success using the search feature. I picked up my New AirSense today. The cm range was 4 to 20. I set my S9 auto with a range of 3 below and 3 above the titrated level. Does the range matter? What is your preferred range around you level? I've ordered the clinician's manual.
If your S9 was set at the proper range, set the new machine the same....problem solved.

gasparama

Post by gasparama » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:37 am

Thank you for the sensible answers. It seems I make way too much of a simple issue!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:22 pm

gasparama wrote:Thank you for the sensible answers. It seems I make way too much of a simple issue!

4 to 20 cm, is the failure rate dumb doctors and DME's use instead of learning how to treat Sleep Apnea, using that setting promotes treatment failure, due to the machine can't respond to your needs fast enough.

I set mine 1 cm higher than is needed to keep my airway open and 2 cm under, by using the software data, to find the best setting. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

gasparama

Post by gasparama » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:43 pm

4 to 20 cm, is the failure rate dumb doctors and DME's use instead of learning how to treat Sleep Apnea, using that setting promotes treatment failure, due to the machine can't respond to your needs fast enough.

I set mine 1 cm higher than is needed to keep my airway open and 2 cm under, by using the software data, to find the best setting. Jim[/quote]

I'm going to follow suit. Thank you.
I don't have a sleep doc (mine retired), so an ENT ordered the sleep study, but his office said I wouldn't need a prescription. I finally got my integrative medicine doctor to actually prescribe the machine. This is the first and last time I'll use Medicare for this. And as soon as the five years are up, I'll buy the next one. It wasn't fun using Medicare for this.