Quantcast

Bookmark and Share
General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SmokeChaser426

Re: New to Dreamwear

Postby SmokeChaser426 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi, thought I would throw my thoughts into the mix. The first mask and only mask I have used
and have been getting good therapy is the Dreamwear. I like how it fits, like an old time catchers
mask, easy to slid on and off. I am a total side sleeper because of shoulder surgery to both shoulders.
I have a firm pillow so when I set myself up for sleep I tug the mask back on my cheek and then
when I put my head to the pillow it shifts into a comfortable snug position. It took probably 3 nights
to get the straps to a good tension so I wasn't getting leaks that were showing up on the SleepyHead
app. The tension/snugness of the mask was the only thing I had to work on.
I have not boiled any of my mask parts, simply wash in unscented baby soap, rinse well. The plastic
didn't seem to be the type to take extreme heating. I will be interested in learning if it does hold up.
From what I have read on many posts, a vinegar solution or mild soap is what is used. That is what I
have been doing for the 6 months I have been with my machine and it seems to work well for me.
Lastly, to those posters who mentioned humidity concerns, I too have a chest congestion from what
I think has to be my setting being too high, but my sinuses dry out when I don't use the humidifier.
The idea to fill the tank but not turn on the humidifier is something I will be trying.
I see many using and trying many different masks, I am so thankful that I found one first try that I
can wear comfortably every night for at least 7 hours.

LoBattery

Postby LoBattery on Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:25 am

I fully feel this product is not ready for prime time. Still, I wouldn't use anything else. It is insane to think that just four sizes fits every nose. Sleep study started me out with a MW. After 30 days I found this little chart in the bag that clearly showed that I should wear a M. Just goes to show that you can make anything work. I still use the MW in times of heavy congestion. And three head sizes. They jump by 2 inches. Can you imagine going to the mall and having only three shoe sizes? We are wearing this day after day, it ought to fit right. I have to pull the side tubes down around my cheek bone to get it to stop leaking some times. A little bigger frame would help that. Just pissed off that they are thinking everything is fine with what they are selling and not likely to change. Little tweeks make a big change in the fit. I have some of those nasal strips somewhere and have been thinking about trying that in combination to get rid of the noise.
Seeing and believing are often both wrong. FOW

susilosaja

Postby susilosaja on Wed May 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum. Hi lauperfan, did you got your problems with Dreamwear sorted out? I just used the dreamwear for about 2 weeks, and right now I'm having problem with this soft high pitched 'eeeee' noise. Is this what you call 'whistling' noise? I can't figure out the cause yet, but I found that the noise stop when I cover the exhaust hole with my finger.

And yes, while sleeping on my back is great, the side sleeping is not so. I can always feel the mask got pulled a bit when switching to my side. I also got the loud air noise, which I'm guessing is leak. Following the instruction on the manual, I think I already have the correct frame and cushion (medium frame and small cushion). I managed to fix this loud air noise by tightening the strap. It felt a bit uncomfortable at first because of the more pressure on my nose, but I soon got used to it.
Susilo

Holden4th

Postby Holden4th on Thu May 18, 2017 2:03 am

I had this just recently and adjusted the way the mask fitted under my nose to solve the problem.

susilosaja

Postby susilosaja on Thu May 18, 2017 3:22 am

I readjusted the mask a couple times, but the noise will quickly come back again. This has happened a couple nights.

I just changed the cushion from small to medium, and so far I don't hear the noise anymore. I suspect it's a defect on the exhaust hole, which is disappointing as I've only use this mask for about 2 weeks.
Susilo

beet

Postby beet on Fri May 26, 2017 4:29 am

I think moisture in the exhaust hole is one of the causes of whistling.

I wonder whether carefully enlarging the hole a tiny bit would help. (Enlarging it too much would cause too much leakage and reduce the air pressure.)

Previous

Return to CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)