A Question of Exhale Pressure Relief

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: A Question of Exhale Pressure Relief

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:32 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
palerider wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:Obstructive or restrictive events do not occur upon inhalation. Therefore IMO, exhalation relief should be avoided because it is upon exhalation that an obstructive event will occur .... that is the worst time to reduce xPAP pressure.
you've got that all backwards.
No you're the one who's backwards.
like so many other things you proclaim, your opinion on this matter is demonstrably wrong.

it makes me, and should make others, question pretty much everything you proclaim, including your nutrition "advice".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:45 pm

DreamStalker wrote: but I still see no reason for it especially if you have to raise pressure to compensate for it.
Well....you are indeed entitled to your opinion but just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean the rest of the whole world needs or wants or should feel the way that you do about something.

For some people that exhale relief is the difference between sleep and no sleep.
And there's no guarantee that a change in inhale will even need to be made to compensate for the drop during exhale.
Just because someone is using some form of exhale relief doesn't automatically mean that the drop is going to make the therapy sub optimal.

To say that all exhale relief is "bad" is like me saying that anything less than maximum humidity is "bad" and everyone should do like I do and snort water. The rest of the world doesn't have to do like I do to be doing it right for them.
Just because something is "wrong" for you doesn't mean it is wrong for me or anyone else for that matter.

When I started using exhale relief after many years without it...I didn't have to raise my pressure at all to compensate for it and I discovered that I was sleeping 45 minutes longer with it and no changes anywhere else.
That 45 minutes extra allowed me to feel much better in the day.
Maybe you think that is a bad thing too but I think it is a pretty damn good reason for me to use it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:47 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
palerider wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:My opinion that pressure be reduced during exhale is a bad idea stands nonetheless.
so, I suppose that in your "expert" opinion, bilevel machines are a bad thing?
I suppose that my expert opinion of you is a very bad thing.
apparently, you don't know what bilevel is, based on that excuse for a "snappy comeback",

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:48 pm

palerider wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
palerider wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:Obstructive or restrictive events do not occur upon inhalation. Therefore IMO, exhalation relief should be avoided because it is upon exhalation that an obstructive event will occur .... that is the worst time to reduce xPAP pressure.
you've got that all backwards.
No you're the one who's backwards.
like so many other things you proclaim, your opinion on this matter is demonstrably wrong.

it makes me, and should make others, question pretty much everything you proclaim, including your nutrition "advice".
Time to go kick your cat eh.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:49 pm

palerider wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
palerider wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:My opinion that pressure be reduced during exhale is a bad idea stands nonetheless.
so, I suppose that in your "expert" opinion, bilevel machines are a bad thing?
I suppose that my expert opinion of you is a very bad thing.
apparently, you don't know what bilevel is, based on that excuse for a "snappy comeback",
And you missed .... again. Good kitty!
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Pugsy wrote:
DreamStalker wrote: but I still see no reason for it especially if you have to raise pressure to compensate for it.
Well....you are indeed entitled to your opinion but just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean the rest of the whole world needs or wants or should feel the way that you do about something.

For some people that exhale relief is the difference between sleep and no sleep.
And there's no guarantee that a change in inhale will even need to be made to compensate for the drop during exhale.
Just because someone is using some form of exhale relief doesn't automatically mean that the drop is going to make the therapy sub optimal.

To say that all exhale relief is "bad" is like me saying that anything less than maximum humidity is "bad" and everyone should do like I do and snort water. The rest of the world doesn't have to do like I do to be doing it right for them.
Just because something is "wrong" for you doesn't mean it is wrong for me or anyone else for that matter.

When I started using exhale relief after many years without it...I didn't have to raise my pressure at all to compensate for it and I discovered that I was sleeping 45 minutes longer with it and no changes anywhere else.
Maybe you think that is a bad thing too but I think it is a pretty damn good reason for me to use it.
AND that's exactly what I said, IMO ... but you forgot to quote me on that part I noticed.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:05 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
Pugsy wrote:
AND that's exactly what I said, IMO ... but you forgot to quote me on that part I noticed.
we'll, anybody paying attention is rapidly figuring out what your opinions are worth.

not even good for fertilizer.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:07 pm

palerider wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
Pugsy wrote:
we'll, anybody paying attention is rapidly figuring out what your opinions are worth.

Do you really think I care what a Pugsy impersonator says ... of course not, you don't have a clue what it's like to think.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:13 pm

DreamStalker wrote:AND that's exactly what I said, IMO ... but you forgot to quote me on that part I noticed.
Sorry...thought what I quoted was sufficient since I included the "I still see no reason...." stuff.
I guessed I missed that second IMO because the only one I saw was the first one.
Guess that's another thing that you and I will have to politely agree to disagree on. My use of the quote fixture.

Have a nice day.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Pugsy wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:AND that's exactly what I said, IMO ... but you forgot to quote me on that part I noticed.
Sorry...thought what I quoted was sufficient since I included the "I still see no reason...." stuff.
I guessed I missed that second IMO because the only one I saw was the first one.
Guess that's another thing that you and I will have to politely agree to disagree on. My use of the quote fixture.

Have a nice day.
deflecting the issue by being bitchy about how much was quoted seems to be a tactic of some people to avoid the issue.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:27 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
palerider wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
Pugsy wrote:

Do you really think I care what a Pugsy impersonator says ... of course not, you don't have a clue what it's like to think.
oh, burn.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Popcorn, anyone?

The Choker

Post by The Choker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Pugsy, Do you think I should try it again? It was early in my CPAP history when I tried it and didn't like it. Maybe I should experiment now?
T.C.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Pugsy wrote:

Have a nice day.
No apology needed or desired from you. I have the highest of respect for your xPAP knowledge (that little red idiot that follows you around though, not even at all).

Early in my therapy I too was looking for the elusive perfect "gold standard" therapy ... trying out the different brand xPAPs and their unique auto algorithms and exhale relief features, even got me a BiPAP Auto w/biflex (which has sat in my closet for over 7 years now as a back up for my back up). For me and I'm sure for many, Ocam's razor ended up being simple CPAP mode with a Swift nasal mask ... that was what got my AHI as low as it could go. I have Wulfman to thank as he has always stayed true to his recommendations ... I even have a fancy HC150 humidifier with variable heating and ambient humidity tracking that sits in my closet because like Den has always recommended, plain and simple passover works just fine too (and no need for heated hose rigs either).

Sure we can disagree, but folks who go on a quest for the most complex of therapies may do just as well if not better with the simplest approach.

As for quoting, I'm guilty of it on occasion too but I do try to quote the entire post (except for maybe extensive graphics) in order to maintain context.

Good day to you too.

The Choker

Post by The Choker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:41 pm

The Choker wrote:
Pugsy wrote:
Pugsy, Do you think I should try it again? It was early in my CPAP history when I tried it and didn't like it. Maybe I should experiment now?
Pugsy, What setting did you have to use to get the extra 45 minutes?
T.C.