Quantcast

Bookmark and Share
General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SayHelloForMe

Re: Counterfeited cushions ???

Postby SayHelloForMe on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:26 am

I ordered a cushion from ResMed last night out of desperation. But it is the air quattro, the exact same Cushing is the A10. I'll see what happens and post results. My headgear is new, if anyone was wondering.
SayHelloForMe

luvsbluberries

Postby luvsbluberries on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:30 pm

SayHelloForMe wrote:I ordered a cushion from ResMed last night out of desperation. But it is the air quattro, the exact same Cushing is the A10. I'll see what happens and post results. My headgear is new, if anyone was wondering.

How were you able to order from ResMed directly?

Their website refers you to DME's (and I cannot find a way to order from them directly):
"After receiving your official diagnosis from your doctor, you can get your mask and device from a home medical equipment (HME) supplier. For a list of local equipment suppliers in your area or online retailers that sell ResMed products, please contact our Customer Service department."

chunkyfrog

Postby chunkyfrog on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:38 pm

How often do you wash your Resmed cushions?
Daily washing, as recommended, results in very short cushion life--especially Resmed parts. :twisted:
[[[Yes, I smelled a rat, 6 years ago]]]
Surface cleaning (as needed) with a cpap wipe or unscented baby wipe is not as destructive to the silicone.

Some of xxyzx's posts are not accurate He should not be considered an authority. He is also frequently profane and abusive.

SayHelloForMe

Postby SayHelloForMe on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:12 pm

I ordered from Amazon and it said the supplier was ResMed. I wash my cushion frequently and thanks to this group over the course of 4 years I've learned so much.
the problem was the cushions that came directly out of the package was not given a good seal. So my conclusion is lack of quality or counterfeit or maybe even shelf life. I will post my results from the next cushion I receive very soon in the mail. I just want to say I am so thankful for this group. You all have helped out a tremendous amount of people. I like to thank everyone for their dedication, kindness and fantastic information.
SayHelloForMe

chunkyfrog

Postby chunkyfrog on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:35 pm

I honestly feel that the liklihood of getting a counterfeit part is highest at the DME.
Online is simply more risky/less profitable for cheaters, but quantity sellers who have paid out the requisite bribes
can often do their dirtiest with impunity.

Some of xxyzx's posts are not accurate He should not be considered an authority. He is also frequently profane and abusive.

Previous

Return to CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)