Need to exchange my CPAP but vendor is not willing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pancho

Re: Need to exchange my CPAP but vendor is not willing

Post by pancho » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:00 am

Pugsy, thanks for your comments. This is my first post of a sleepyhead report so I did not know what I was doing. I will do what you mention next time.

Since starting the therapy I'm having more breaks now. Before that I was only waking up once a night to go to the restroom. But now it is usually 3 or 4 but not because I need to go to the restroom but because my nose is scratching or something.

I don't know if this is going to go away but other than that I'm feeling great today. I waked up at 5:45am which is very, very unusual even if I sleep 8 hours.

Thanks again to all those poster helping me in the journey.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:11 am

I also had frequent awakenings when I first started therapy from mainly my brain poking me to alert me to the fact that I had something unusual plastered on my face. Not discomfort or anything like that but just more of a "something is different" type of thing. This will lessen as time goes on.
Nose itching...I have read that the air blowing on the nose hairs sometimes will cause that itchy feeling so maybe a little nose hair trimming will help.

If you are having mask discomfort for some reason you can try reviewing fitting videos to see if there is something you can do to improve on that aspect.

Your report looks pretty good. From the statistics it looks like the flow limitations may have been driving the pressure a little bit so maybe tomorrow add that graph and share it with us. I am thinking that maybe a tiny bit more minimum pressure would be helpful but I don't want to have you go changing things too much right now until you get to sleeping more soundly. Those frequent awakenings makes it a bit difficult to evaluate pressure needs because I know that your sleep cycles aren't optimal yet.
I will have a better idea once I see the FL graph but would like a couple or 3 nights to make sure unless you want to try more minimum a little sooner.

I wouldn't be surprised if you found that the 11 cm minimum suggested by someone else might be a better starting point for you.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:00 am

hey, congratulations on a better night last night. I was going to second Pugsy's suggestion to raise the min pressure up to 11, 9 is too low for you... but substantial progress has been made

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

pancho

Post by pancho » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:21 am

Here we go again. I increased the pressure to 10. I noticed two fewer obstructive event and lower duration.

pancho

Post by pancho » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:32 am

See the obstructive event details and duration for last two days. I noticed two fewer obstructive event and lower duration.
I don't know if that is related to the pressure increase suggested by Pugsy and Palerider my two personal sleep advisers than seem to know more than my Doctor.
I.m feeling great again.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:55 am

pancho wrote:Here we go again. I increased the pressure to 10. I noticed two fewer obstructive event and lower duration.
I say, go up to 11 for the min pressure for tonight. based onthe traces, you've needed more than 11, which is why your fixed pressure of 11 wasn't doing it for you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:47 am

I agree with the 11 cm minimum idea.

Also, one other little trick to help you with leak evaluation. Right now the leak scale is fixed at 120.
Take your mouse cursor and put it on the vertical line just above 0.0 on the graph in lower left. Double click your mouse on that line. This will make the scale fluctuating with the max as the top scale instead of the 120 fixed. This will allow you to see your leak in better detail.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:06 am

On Tues the 26th...If you look at the first 4 events...During a 3.5 minute period you stopped breathing (OA) for over 3 minutes........Not Good!

pancho

Post by pancho » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:31 pm

LSAT,
Those numbers might not represent the apnea duration in seconds. It you take the apnea #002 that started at 21:30:16 and add 81 seconds you will get 21:31:37. Am I correct? And that time is past the start time of the apnea #003. So I don't know what to make of those numbers.

This is a Resmed A10 Autoset, so maybe someone knows what those numbers in parenthesis refer to.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:48 pm

pancho wrote:Those numbers might not represent the apnea duration in seconds. It you take the apnea #002 that started at 21:30:16 and add 81 seconds you will get 21:31:37. Am I correct? And that time is past the start time of the apnea #003. So I don't know what to make of those numbers.

This is a Resmed A10 Autoset, so maybe someone knows what those numbers in parenthesis refer to.
With the S9 models it was duration in seconds...and we assumed the same with the AirSense 10 models but now that you mention it...I don't know how you could add 81 seconds (which would be an really long apnea) and not interfere with the next flagged event unless something really ugly was going on.
I think in this situation I would want to use ResScan software for verification and look at what it says the duration was as well as the actual flow rate that was going on during that time.

Do you want to try ResScan? It's Windows only and a bit of a bitch but sometimes we use it along with SleepyHead for data verification. ResScan is ResMed's software so we use it in situations like this where the data shown in SH doesn't quite make sense.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:39 pm

pancho wrote:how to get it?
just ask...which you did so I assume you aren't using a Mac.
Check your private message box please.
I was going to send it anyway but I got side tracked with a phone call and didn't get it done soon enough.

pancho

Post by pancho » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:53 pm

I just checked the resmed graph and I confirmed that those numbers correspond to event duration in seconds. However those events are spread over 8 minutes rather than 3.5 minutes as pointed out by SleepyHead. So there should be a bug in SpleepyHead regarding the exact start time of the events.

I raised my pressure to 11 last night but made a rookie mistake by no putting back the sd card into the machine. So no data available. I will post tomorrow.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:11 pm

pancho wrote:I just checked the resmed graph and I confirmed that those numbers correspond to event duration in seconds. However those events are spread over 8 minutes rather than 3.5 minutes as pointed out by SleepyHead. So there should be a bug in SpleepyHead regarding the exact start time of the events.
well, in all fairness, it *is* beta software, the sad thing is that the programmer is content to just bow out and leave these many little bugs festering for so long.

pancho

Post by pancho » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:28 am

Pressure increased to 11. AHI went down a little bit. I'm fighting with my mask. I think my size is somewhere between Small and Medium. Medium size mask seems a little large on my face. I think that is the reason for the frequent breaks.

Still having BIG OA at 11 cmH2O.
Last edited by pancho on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.